April 25, 2024, 07:20 AM

Poll

15s OR 12s turn time in Roper Schemes?

15s
6 (85.7%)
12s
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Turn Time in Roper Schemes  (Read 505 times)

Offline Kradie

Turn Time in Roper Schemes
« on: February 21, 2020, 02:29 PM »
Some have stated that if you get used to 12 second turn time in ZaR Roper, it would be lucrative to go back to 15s turn time. Do you agree? What's your thoughts?

I personally think that 15 second turn time is laughable, because there's so much extra time to fool around. It literally feels like a warmup before the real deal.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

Re: Turn Time in Roper Schemes
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 07:31 PM »
It depends on the rest of the scheme options, and what kind of maps you use. Also keep in mind ZaR maps are destructable.

ZaR is fun, but imo it has always felt a bit easier than normal roper to me because of the destructable maps, and not so evil maps people use with that scheme.

Saying 15 second turn time is laughable and there's so much extra time to fool around is a bit laughable in itself lol, it mostly comes down to the maps you use.

On a lot of maps, 12s is simply impossible, even 15s some crates seem impossible.

12s is good with the right setup, 15s is good with the right setup, it's all about balance, I see no reason not to have both options.

Offline Kradie

Re: Turn Time in Roper Schemes
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 06:43 PM »
12s is good with the right setup, 15s is good with the right setup, it's all about balance.
That's a true statement. However, I have witness many times in ordinary Roper, that many do unnecessary tricks and movements that consumes the turn time to a ridiculous proportion. Which itself isn't necessary. In ZaR you must push yourself regardless of map and I have played on all types of maps, even hardcore maps and I have done just fine. Sure the destructible element can help to provide easier route but this again depends on the map and crate location. In Roper, there is more likely to be raped by a crate compared to ZaR due to destructible terrain. Also you get 2 worms to navigate wherever you see fit.

So to me, 12s is more ''hardcore'. Why? Less wanking, get to the point.

I knew everyone would vote 15s, everyone here are too predictable  ;D
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB