Forums
April 23, 2024, 05:17 PM

Author Topic: What is your hated scheme?  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Korydex

What is your hated scheme?
« on: August 18, 2021, 03:21 PM »
WxW for me for sure ;D

Offline Kradie

Re: What is your hated scheme?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 03:36 PM »
BNG and Intermediate.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 03:47 PM »
boom race
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Albus

• Brazil Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 03:52 PM »
I don't like hysteria. But maybe that's because I never learned to play it well.

Offline haddaway

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 04:46 PM »
All of them, but Kaos especially.

I don't like hysteria. But maybe that's because I never learned to play it well.

What?! I thought all south americans excelled at it. Mind blown.

Offline Echiko

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2021, 05:04 PM »
BNG and Intermediate.

Yes. And bungee race. Impossible for me :D
This user cannot be contacted through PMs.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2021, 05:25 AM »
I don't hate schemes, but there are some that I don't enjoy playing so much. From the famous ones, maybe battle race. From the underground ones, there is one I never played but I read the description and thought it is something I personally wouldn't enjoy playing: Sink.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2021, 05:27 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2021, 12:58 PM »
I don't hate any scheme and cannot think of a single scheme that is at least enjoyable watching highly skilled players competing in official matches.

Every scheme other than Comet Dodging, that I know of, has a healthy skill ceiling, even the ones I define as "Too luck based" obviously still require skill.

Though from my point of view, there are still elements of those specific schemes which are completely out of control to the player and situations which rely or are caused by luck, and for those reasons I don't enjoy them as much.

I prefer schemes with set in stone weapon sets in more controlled environments which reward the better player because of their physical skills, consistency and accuracy with weapons.

Obviously better players can adapt to these situations better, however at the end of the day these schemes can completely overwhelm absolutely everybody, regardless how good you are.

Team17 - Too luck based, crates & starting positioning.

Roper - Too luck based, on complex maps with random crate drops.

Intermediate - Too luck based, based on starting positions and map usage. This is balanced with Bo3 and even further with Bo5, though it becomes too long and boring for my liking.

Mole Shopper - Too luck based for the same reasons as Team17.

Kaos - Too luck based for the same reasons as Team17. This is also balanced with Bo3 and even further with Bo5, definitely nowhere near as boring as shotgun wars in caverns in Intermediate lol. Actually fun to play in funners, though would never pick it in a League.

Mine Madness - Too luck based, the first several turns are, quite literally, madness lol, after the initial madness the scheme calms down and you start seeing really well thought out turns though, it's very fun to watch and again fun for funners to play, though would never pick it in a League.

I enjoy watching a lot of these schemes and even playing some of them for fun in casual games, i've often watched Hurz playing TFL matches with Kaos and Mine Madness.

Even BnG is slightly luck based, which is why I never play on symmetrical maps as whoever has the first turn has a huge advantage there. If the map isn't symmetrical, and has a healthy amount of hides it is less luck based on who gets first turn, you can come back from almost every game if you are skilled enough and patient enough.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2021, 05:00 PM »
Mole shopper simply just takes too long until anything meaningful happens.

Offline Korydex

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2021, 05:10 PM »
From the underground ones, there is one I never played but I read the description and thought it is something I personally wouldn't enjoy playing: Sink.
Description plz ;D

Offline Kradie

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2021, 06:25 PM »
Mole shopper simply just takes too long until anything meaningful happens.
Any scheme may be boring for a person that lacks the necessary skills to make things happen.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2021, 12:14 AM »
From the underground ones, there is one I never played but I read the description and thought it is something I personally wouldn't enjoy playing: Sink.
Description plz ;D

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-632/
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Korydex

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2021, 08:06 AM »
Description plz ;D

https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-632/

hah, wtf. there is also this one https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-1311/

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2021, 08:41 AM »
hah, wtf. there is also this one https://www.tus-wa.com/schemes/scheme-1311/

lol hahaha I had already seen this one, but now that I saw it again I laughed a bit more. I consider this one a joke scheme, I didn't take it so serious. Perhaps Sink is a joke too, but it is in fact an original idea and an adaptation of a real life game, like many other schemes. That's why I added Sink to Scheme ideas, even though it seems way too boring gameplay for me. The idea is funny, though.
'

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2021, 10:33 PM »
wxw