Forums
April 18, 2024, 06:45 PM

Author Topic: My W:A gameplay (Taps) (videocamera)  (Read 1982 times)

Offline llRoXll

My W:A gameplay (Taps) (videocamera)
« on: May 28, 2013, 07:55 PM »
Hello everyone!!

Here i leave some taping styles recorded with a videocamera, i play with a gamepad, 1 finger with my old kb and a crapy fingerroll with a diferent kb i recently got.

you can also download the replay.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:29 AM by llRoXll »

Offline barman

Re: My W:A gameplay (videocamera)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 09:19 PM »
Nice speed, makes me realize how clumsy my fingers are. ;) Good to see crosshanded roping, hardly anyone ropes like that nowadays.

But I think your accuracy leaves a lot to be desired. Sometimes you are basically mashing your space ten times in order to get a simple shadow. It's always better to press the spacebar the exact number of times required to perform a certain move instead of bombarding the game with 20 keypresses per second and hoping that a 3-4 of them will be registered in the right moment.
My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

Offline llRoXll

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 09:55 PM »
1- It was just a test tapping in diferent styles.
2- I was able to do shadows everytime and rope fine  FR'ing with a gaming kb i had, all deppends on its key layout and that one ofcourse has a real bad one.

Edit:  I always play with 1 finger. FR or gamepad only for warmers and not often.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:00 PM by llRoXll »

Offline van

• van-the-dral

• Poland Poland
  • RoH RoH clan

• Death to the randomness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 10:00 PM »
Are you left-handed or right-handed? How long has it taken you to learn the arrow control on your left hand?
Nice vid btw.

Offline llRoXll

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 10:32 PM »
Are you left-handed or right-handed? How long has it taken you to learn the arrow control on your left hand?
Nice vid btw.

Im right handed and i play crosshanded since i started worms, (1999-2000)  i was used to those Neo-Geo Machines, left for joystick (controls) and right for punch n kicks ^^

Offline Anubis

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 10:50 PM »
lmao nice, I thought I am the only one that can rope on exotic devices. :D
Have you tried using a guitar hero controller yet? They are pretty nice too, just the arrows suck there.

Offline llRoXll

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 10:57 PM »
lmao nice, I thought I am the only one that can rope on exotic devices. :D
Have you tried using a guitar hero controller yet? They are pretty nice too, just the arrows suck there.

what kind of devices do you usually use? at the moment i only tested ps3 and xbox ones but i have the guitar and i will test it for sure !!!!

Offline Anubis

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 12:23 AM »
You mean when warming or roping in general? Always keyboard.

But for the lulz and curiosity I warmed offline with joypad (xbox 360) and guitar hero controller.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 12:52 AM »
Roping crosshanded... I tried it out for a short period of time many years ago, because another TDC'er was doing it (RopeR). But it just felt wrong for me. It is kinda like jerking off with the left hand if you're righthanded, or something like that. If it works for you, which it obviously does, then all creds to you!

Offline Xrayez

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 01:42 PM »
Roping crosshanded... I tried it out for a short period of time many years ago, because another TDC'er was doing it (RopeR). But it just felt wrong for me. It is kinda like jerking off with the left hand if you're righthanded, or something like that. If it works for you, which it obviously does, then all creds to you!
I play hysteria cross-handed xD, so playing rope schemes like that is normal for me oO (I'm right-handed though)

Offline Hurz

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 02:55 PM »
Roping crosshanded... I tried it out [...] But it just felt wrong for me. It is kinda like jerking off with the left hand if you're righthanded [...]

:D

Offline rash

Re: My W:A gameplay (Taps) (videocamera)
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 05:22 PM »
ow nice roping with ps controller, i didnt think it was possible to have a good roping with this kind of controller !!
to rope with a guitar must be fun too  :D

Re: My W:A gameplay (Taps) (videocamera)
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 07:43 PM »
rofl u got the style
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja