Forums
March 29, 2024, 02:29 AM

Author Topic: [cd-v3.8 issue] checksum mismatch and spurious for some demos...  (Read 957 times)

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
...for some reason, some demos are suddenly ending without any reason when I try to watch'em, spamming the chat area with checksum errors, so I assume that's the reason which causes the demo playback to stop, but why is that?

...even the Light needs a background, or some dirt, to become visible... ...

Offline Deadcode

Re: [cd-v3.8 issue] checksum mismatch and spurious for some demos...
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2020, 05:07 PM »
The problem is that the scheme used in these two rounds had a nonzero value assigned to what would be the Select Worm crate probability. The game ignores superweapon and Select Worm crate probabilities (and powers), but wkRubberWorm interpreted most of the former to have specific meanings, for example interpreting Select Worm crate probability as a logic version to force emulation of. And in WA v3.8 the default behavior is to enable emulation of RubberWorm in playback of replay files, thus in this case, WA v3.5 Beta 3pre3 was emulated, instead of v3.7.2.1 as they actually were. This resulted in the desynchronized playback (the checksum errors).

Launch EmulateRubberWorm_Off.reg in your Tweaks subdirectory. Then these replays will play correctly.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 05:18 PM by Deadcode »

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 05:19 PM »
Launch EmulateRubberWorm_Off.reg in your Tweaks subdirectory. Then these replays will play correctly.
Thanks a lot brother - works perfectly, but as I understand it right, this setting will stop rubber_worm emulation for the older versions met in the lobby?

I've noticed that issue while I was searching for some good replays for the new scheme I've uploaded and that's the one I was looking for: 2020-07-16 07.15.19 [Online] @GrO, Wil.WAgame - where as the last turn I've busted this 12hp worm with the mine thrown by the bat, taking him exactly his 12hp, with a first try - thanks again for the solutions :)

*edit*

The problem is that the scheme used in these two rounds had a nonzero value assigned to what would be the Select Worm crate probability. The game ignores superweapon and Select Worm crate probabilities (and powers), but wkRubberWorm interpreted most of the former to have specific meanings, for example interpreting Select Worm crate probability as a logic version to force emulation of. And in WA v3.8 the default behavior is to enable emulation of RubberWorm in playback of replay files, thus in this case, WA v3.5 Beta 3pre3 was emulated, instead of v3.7.2.1 as they actually were. This resulted in the desynchronized playback (the checksum errors).
I love how you can understand all that and explain, so most people can understand it simply, while it's all not so simple itself - thank you very much again.

Best regards <3
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 06:13 PM by GrO »

Offline StepS

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 05:34 PM »
Thanks a lot brother - works perfectly, but as I understand it right, this setting will stop rubber_worm emulation for the older versions met in the lobby?
There is no lobby emulation for RubberWorm, but yes this will disable emulation for Rubber replays.
Alternatively, you can launch WA with the command-line: WA.exe /play <path-to-WAgame> /rwemu=off
to disable RW emu just this once.

This problem will be resolved in the future by expanding the "Repair Replay" functionality to clean up WAgames with messy schemes.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline GrO

• 🌞🌞🌞🌞♾️🌞🌞🌞🌞

• Poland Poland
  • ⚘🌹🌷 🌿 🌻 🍀 🌷🌹⚘
    • View Profile
    • 440Hz >>> 432Hz
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 05:48 PM »
There is no lobby emulation for RubberWorm, but yes this will disable emulation for Rubber replays.
Alternatively, you can launch WA with the command-line: WA.exe /play <path-to-WAgame> /rwemu=off
to disable RW emu just this once.

This problem will be resolved in the future by expanding the "Repair Replay" functionality to clean up WAgames with messy schemes.
Thank you for the extended explanation and another solution - I like the batch style commands, which can be used in the shortcut's target line, especially because the setting is used just once - I really appreciate it, thanks :)