Forums > Tech Support

3.8 update problems

(1/4) > >>

Alien:
problem 1: menu & lobby

explorer, browser etc changing from screen 2 to screen 1 and vice versa when minimize/maximize (menu & lobby). this also happens when i start wa.exe, join host (from snooper), game starts (lobby), game ends and goes back to lobby, exit the game.

problem 2: in game

minimize works without problems when in game. not always but often enough to be very annoying the game/screen freeze for like 30 seconds when maximizing. after the 30 seconds wait the screen unfreeze and i can try to maximize the game again, if i am lucky the game/screen wont freeze again. mostly im gettting a little black box top left of the screen and sometimes black screen or just normal screen when freezing. other players in the game getting big lag because of this.

3.7.2.1. update works without any problems at all, its only with 3.8 update.
i have the cd version and also tried the gog version (clean install). same problems with both versions.

windows 10 home 2004 (installed all updates)
intel core i7-4790 @ 3.60ghz
geforce gtx 1060 6gb (latest driver version 451.67)
16gb ram

LilScrappy94:
https://worms2d.info/SuperFrontendHD

SiD:
Hi Alien,

Problem 2 can be worked around by disabling full-screen optimisations (WA.exe Compatibility tab)

You could also try enabling Windowed mode in advanced settings (this might solve both problems).

--- Quote from: LilScrappy94 on August 16, 2020, 10:39 AM ---https://worms2d.info/SuperFrontendHD

--- End quote ---
also this.

readyworm:
I have the Steam version and experience the second issue, although it's rare for me.  When it does happen, like you, the WA screen is black for a while and I can confirm that other players experience lag when this happens.  Wasn't an issue in 3.7.2.1.  Possible workaround is to use windowed mode, full resolution (so it's like full screen on the monitor) and use the New Desktop feature in Windows 10 (WINDOWS KEY + TAB) and alternate between desktop and WA instead of minimizing.

Not sure about the first issue but I it would be good if WA could recall which screen it was run on and support full screen on secondary monitor without having to first set the monitor as primary in Windows.

h3oCharles:
did you update to 3.8? open game files, go to Tweaks and open "WindowedMode_On.reg" with admin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version