Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:37 AM

Author Topic: Can't even minimize without issues.  (Read 3128 times)

Offline TheKaren

Can't even minimize without issues.
« on: October 17, 2018, 11:27 AM »
So when I minimize the game while playing the game, and return, I get this stupid rectangle thing on the screen:

When I minimize when in any menu but not playing, and return, I get this:

I've tried disable fullscreen optimizations.

I've tried super frontend.

I've tried changing nvidia settings.

I've tried compatibility.

I've tried every variation of WA advanced settings with every variation of the previous 4 so called "solutions".

Absolutely nothing is working.

You pay over 2 grand for a laptop and it doesn't even play a simple game  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I can't play this game like this, there is no way I cannot minimize during a game, i've been doing it for 19 years it's so natural to me like breathing...

Does anyone have a solution, does anyone even know WHAT THE F**K causes this bullsh*t? Because obviously Team17 don't give a f**k...
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 11:29 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline Sensei

Re: Can't even minimize without issues.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 12:18 PM »
Does anyone have a solution, does anyone even know WHAT THE F**K causes this bullsh*t? Because obviously Team17 don't give a f**k...

I agree with part where t17 doesn't give a f@#!, although they apparently fixed this with 3.7.2.2. update. (wormkit doesn't work)

If you still wanna use 3.7.2.1. - when checking "disable fullscreen optimizations", in same window try changing compatibility with some of the previous OS's.
My game only works with WinXP(sp3), maybe that will fix it for you.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 12:41 PM »
Yeah apparently this is happening because I have Windows 10, and I can't use any other Windows because my music software, and VSTs only work with Windows 10...

Game worked amazing using Windows 7 on my PC but I don't have the PC anymore so only laptop.

I'll happily downgrade to 3.7.2.1 if that fixes the problem, I don't even remember upgrading to 3.7.2.2 in the 1st place, maybe an automatic steam update...

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 05:24 PM »
could try windowed mode, I've heard it is good for avoiding graphics-related issues at a cost of forced frame limit
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Sensei

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 05:38 PM »
could try windowed mode

Yeah, if you use vsyncs, windowed mode should solve problems.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 10:33 PM »
Windowed mode indeed works, that's what I used to stream, however the problem is, I cannot rope for shit with windowed mode because it changes the reaction times and just looks awful.

I tried it before and couldn't rope at all... So this kind of defeats the purpose.

Xrayez suggested, don't minimize lol, which yeah, works 100% But at the cost of not being able to check things during games, or minimize in lobby to download a map or scheme, it's a pain in the arse lol.

All the suggestions that actually work are alternative solutions, which don't fix the problem.

Would like to actually understand what the problem is, what is causing this issue, what could fix it and why.

I guess I could try messing around with windowed mode again and see if anything has improved, I doubt it, but why not...

Offline Kradie

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 10:49 PM »
I have a 27 inch Asus 1440p 165hz screen.
I use display port cable.
I use wkD3D9Wnd module
I use latest WA.
I use Direct3D 9 Shader.
I disabled both VSync options.
I left Nvidia settings untouched.
I play at 1024x768.

Everything is smooth, even on previous version of WA.
I don't use Windows mode, only full screen.

Mayne look at cable connection. Nothing wrong with Windows 10.
Find WA.exe, right click, options, check & mess around with compatibility.

My post is to highlight what works for me, and could be a pointer for you.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2018, 12:34 AM »
Kradie, those settings work smooth for me too, but it has an unusual sort of delay that doesn't work when I tap extremely fast, it's like what I am seeing and what I am doing live in completely different time zones.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 02:12 AM »
Windowed module aka. wk_d3d9wnd causes input lag (forces turning on vsync in background even if you have them both turned off - it's laic explanation, StepS will jump in if I said something stupid)

Kradie and Senator are one of the lucky ones that can't feel any difference.
But I know what Komo talkin about cause same thing happened here when tried Windowed (for twitch purpose).
Rope and jet felt clunky and unnatural.

Supposedly, this issue will get fixed in 3.8  ???
Until then, you need alternate solutions, Komo. If you can't set it up, I can help via TeamViewer.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2018, 07:28 AM »
Until then, you need alternate solutions, Komo. If you can't set it up, I can help via TeamViewer.

I appreciate that man, but honestly, what else is there left to try?

I might just have to live with not being able to minimize to be honest, the game works fine, I just can't minimize.

Will just have to learn to start using my phone instead of minimizing.

Offline nino

« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2018, 04:45 PM »
The solution is simple porra!!!!! just dont minimize!
You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline StepS

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 07:21 PM »
Windowed mode indeed works, that's what I used to stream, however the problem is, I cannot rope for shit with windowed mode because it changes the reaction times and just looks awful.
You can enable Fullscreen=1 in [InGameSettings] of wkD3D9Wnd.ini. That will maintain exclusive fullscreen during the game, which should not hinder your roping.
The white rectangle and the white screen come from the frontend (yes, it is technically still there even during the game). The module fixes them. You can use windowed frontend (or "FullscreenAlternative" frontend) but Fullscreen game to fix both the white-screen and roping reaction issues.
This should be the best solution until 3.8 is released.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 07:28 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2018, 09:38 PM »
Ah, that sounds like a good fix if I can use this but it maintains normal fullscreen during the game, i'll try that thanks!

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2018, 01:06 AM »
This doesn't seem to be working for me, I keep getting this when I start worms:

wkRubberWorm: Incompatible application!

Offline Sensei

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2018, 03:51 AM »
This doesn't seem to be working for me, I keep getting this when I start worms:

wkRubberWorm: Incompatible application!

You got 3.7.2.2.?