Forums
April 23, 2024, 05:54 PM

Author Topic: Can't even minimize without issues.  (Read 3157 times)

Offline Sensei

Re: Can't even minimize without issues.
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2018, 05:01 PM »
You seek for help but don't even read what ppl write you  ???
In first post i told you wormkit doesn't work on 3722.
Everyone just downgraded and continued using 3721.

https://www.tus-wa.com/files/file-1564/

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2018, 06:37 PM »
Ah, I had forgot about that lol.

But yeah now I remember, and I did ask people online how to downgrade but nobody gave me an answer...

Will try that thanks.

DO I need to uninstall WA and reinstall it? Or can I just use that file and it'll downgrade?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2018, 06:53 PM »
DO I need to uninstall WA and reinstall it? Or can I just use that file and it'll downgrade?

That I don't know. Never updated on 3722.
I'm guessing you can just double click that file and it will do all the work for you.
(maybe save teams, in case it resets them)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2018, 07:43 PM »
Yeah that's cool, I just downloaded the file, ran it, and i'm back to 3.7.2.1 again, thanks :)

However, windowed mode like StepS suggested doesn't seem to be working?? Anyone see what I am doing wrong, I tried what he said but the game isn't actually opening up in a window it's still fullscreen.

With the following setup I would expect windowed mode while in the menus, and when I start a game it would turn to fullscreen, but everything is fullscreen?

I thought with FrontendSettings being set to 0 and InGameSettings set to 1, what StepS suggested would happen for me, but doesn't seem to be working?

This is what I got set right now, and yes load wormkit modules is ticked in game:

[Misc]
EnableModule=1
StaticWindowClass=1
NoTopmost=1
SoundInBackground=1
FancyStartup=0

[FrontendSettings]
Fullscreen=0
FullscreenAlternative=0
Stretch=0
Centered=1
RunInBackground=1

[InGameSettings]
Fullscreen=1
WindowBorder=1
Stretch=1
QuickInfo=1
TopLeftPosition=0

[MultiMonitor]
Enable=0
Monitors=Max
AutoSetResolution=1

Offline StepS

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2018, 08:30 PM »
Did you enable wormkit modules in settings?
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2018, 11:06 PM »
Did you enable wormkit modules in settings?

and yes load wormkit modules is ticked in game:

Offline sock

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2018, 12:00 AM »
I don't know if this will help you or someone but I had minimize issues. I uninstalled worms then shut down steam afterwards and reinstalled.

I saw Worms Armageddon d/l removed in control panel after I closed steam.

Not sure if your using a disc or what.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2018, 01:18 AM »
[Misc]
EnableModule=1
StaticWindowClass=1
NoTopmost=1
SoundInBackground=1
FancyStartup=0

[FrontendSettings]
Fullscreen=0
FullscreenAlternative=0
Stretch=0
Centered=0
RunInBackground=1

[InGameSettings]
Fullscreen=0
WindowBorder=1
Stretch=0
QuickInfo=1
TopLeftPosition=0

[MultiMonitor]
Enable=0
Monitors=Max
AutoSetResolution=1

Try this komo. I'm also curious how to get game running in lower res so it covers like 1/4 of desktop screen. Would be nice to have it that way cause some CWT streaming soon. I'm quite sure it's possible, but forgot what's need to be changed. About your menu being fullscreen, see if you have wk_superfrontendHD turned on. That module could be the reason why your menus are not windowed.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2018, 05:48 PM »
It's not working at all, I don't have superfrontend turned on :/

Doesn't matter what settings I use, everything is still in fullscreen, in fact the wkD3D9Wnd doesn't seem to be doing anything at all but it's definitely there in the folder...

It used to work on my old PC :/

And I have 3.7.2.1 now again so i'm stumped.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2018, 09:31 PM »
you have a haunted PC m8

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2018, 12:35 AM »
Yeah I distinctly remember when using this module before, the game would only take up like 33% of my screen, and when I started a game, it went fullscreen, now, it doesn't do anything, wtf?

Since it's a D9 module, do you have to be using Direct3D9 in the game settings? Cuz it's the only thing I can think of, I have to use Direct3D7 because everything else makes my rope extremely laggy/delayed.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2018, 02:51 PM »
Since it's a D9 module, do you have to be using Direct3D9 in the game settings?
do you really need to question something that is in the module's name?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2018, 02:55 PM »
I'm sorry, were you born knowing everything there possibly is to exist? Or did you have to learn by asking questions and seeing information along the path of life just the same as myself and everyone else does?

I remember when installing old games it would install directx stuff, and since I saw I have at least directx 13 or something installed on my laptop I wasn't sure if this module needs that specific setting ingame, or at least that version of directx installed on your computer in general.

I'm great with computer knowledge in certain areas, but in other areas I don't have a clue, it's not shocking i'm only human lol.

If I have to use Direct9 in the advanced settings, then this ain't gonna be possible for me because it makes roping absolute sh*t.

Offline Senator

« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2018, 03:37 PM »
Make sure you have both "wait for vertical sync" and "assisted vertical sync" unchecked under Direct3D9 (shader). Vertical sync may be the reason why your rope feels laggy.