Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:51 PM

Author Topic: Crate Shower questions (3.8 RubberWorm)  (Read 2354 times)

Offline mozzribo

• Netherlands Netherlands
  • Papa's gotta a brand new bag!
    • View Profile
Crate Shower questions (3.8 RubberWorm)
« on: January 06, 2021, 07:53 PM »
Hi! :)

I have three questions:

1. Originally, the separate RubberWorm WormKit module's 'Crate Shower' option disregarded crate probability setting, afaik. Is this still true and if so, can it be forced to take the probabilities set in the scheme options into account?

2. Can showering crates be prevented from stealing camera focus during a turn?

3. Can crates be forced to always "teleport in" as opposed to often "parachuting in?"

Sorry if this doesn't qualify as a tech support question, this is my first post and this seemed the most appropriate place.

Offline StepS

Re: Crate Shower questions (3.8 RubberWorm)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 10:38 PM »
RubberWorm's Crate Shower does actually take all crate probabilities into account. It is basically equal to regular crate spawning but with parachute/teleport effect + repeated spawn. The one that disregards probabilities is the Crate Shower utility picked up from a utility crate in-game (this cannot be forced to be always-on at the moment).
I'm afraid there is no real solution for 2 and 3 other than designing a map specifically to suppress those effects.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline mozzribo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 10:50 PM »
Thank You for the clarification. I appreciate it. 8)

The one that disregards probabilities is the Crate Shower utility picked up from a utility crate in-game (this cannot be forced to be always-on at the moment).

That is fine. I mean, the option to toggle the utility Crate Shower would be welcome, but the important thing is that the forced Crate Shower respects the set crate rate.

I'm afraid there is no real solution for 2 and 3 other than designing a map specifically to suppress those effects.

I see, a pity, yet livable. And by designing a map that suppresses these effects, what do You mean exactly? Is there an option I'm missing, or do You mean the shape of the terrain?

Offline StepS

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 11:17 PM »
That is fine. I mean, the option to toggle the utility Crate Shower would be welcome, but the important thing is that the forced Crate Shower respects the set crate rate.
Some people think differently.

I see, a pity, yet livable. And by designing a map that suppresses these effects, what do You mean exactly? Is there an option I'm missing, or do You mean the shape of the terrain?
terrain shape
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 03:32 AM »
I miss the wormpot from WWP that had the crate shower effect. I never liked so much the crate shower from RubberWorm. I know that even before v3.8 RubberWorm could simulate the crate probability exactly as the one from WWP (allowing the appearence of skip go and surrender in crates), but those parachuting crates are not as dynamic as the wormpot from WWP. It is more natural in WWP, it is like getting a crate shower utility crate in WA, but since the beginning of the match. Not those parachuting slow crates from RubberWorm.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 03:40 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline mozzribo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 11:58 AM »
Some people think differently.

Can't the create probabilities be set to be equal? Or what am I missing?

I do understand the sentiment, though. WormPot is great, even though most of its features can be emulated in 3.8 (and I guess fully will in a way or the other in future updates). Hopefully, there will be options to satisfy people who want the "vanilla" crate shower to be enabled in a streamlined way.

What I like about 3.8 that schemes can be fine-tuned to create unique experiences. It kind of revitalised the whole Worms experience for me. So, the way I see it, the more of these options (that still make sense) are present, the better.

I see the current behaviour of the Crate Shower (that it respects probability settings) as better because this enables deeper customisation. Which I always a better alternative if we must choose.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 01:25 PM »
what was that scheme called that had very specifically designed caves for crates? trench warfare or sth?

yea, maybe that's what you're looking for https://worms2d.info/Trench_Warfare

Offline mozzribo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 04:23 PM »
what was that scheme called that had very specifically designed caves for crates? trench warfare or sth?

yea, maybe that's what you're looking for https://worms2d.info/Trench_Warfare

Interesting, thank You! :)