Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:37 PM

Author Topic: Creators update messed something up  (Read 5586 times)

Offline Sensei

Re: Creators update messed something up
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 08:09 PM »
My win10 also upgraded on that creators update shit..
Just downgraded it and W:A is good again.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2017, 12:44 AM »
Downgrade to Windows 8.1, or switch to Linux/Mac OS. Or just emulate it in VirtualBox, or something. Downgrade to 8.1?
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline StepS

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2017, 06:01 PM »
Hi people, so as it stands right now (based on all the information I've collected from testers, since I can't reproduce the issues on any of my machines -- might be outdated drivers but I'll try it soon), the issue can be solved in one the following ways, other than enabling windowed mode:
  • Enable vsync in-game, but force-disable it in nvidia (roping etc. may feel different)
  • Enable Windows 8 or 7 compatibility in the WA.exe properties.
Not sure about quirks other than black screen.
Also would be nice if someone affected by the issue could try launching the game on the Fall Creators Update (the latest) with the latest Nvidia drivers. Thanks!
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2017, 04:16 AM »
I would suggest to either downgrade to Windows 7, run the game in VM Windows 7, or use the compatiblity with Windows 7 (like StepS said).
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline StepS

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2017, 03:21 PM »
According to an early report, the Fall Creators Update (1709) fixes this problem.
Edit: got a second report that confirms the above.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 04:53 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Sensei

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2017, 07:14 PM »
According to an early report, the Fall Creators Update (1709) fixes this problem.
Edit: got a second report that confirms the above.

Bollocks.
1709 DIDN'T fix shit!

I can't minimize the game. If I do, there will be some weird empty geometric bodies on my screen while playing. Or even worse - whole white screen that will require ctrl+alt+del to get rid off.
Also, even tho I always played with vsyncs off, since 1709 - game slowed down and feels like all vsyncs are turned on. 
My internet connection randomly shut downs few times per day.
Also usb wireless signal got lower since microsoft MADE ME update.

I'm going back on 1607, if I manage to do it.
If not - i'm done with win10 forever probably.

DON'T UPDATE!

Offline StepS

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 08:45 AM »
I know at least one dude who plays in fullscreen without vsync has recommended enabling "Disable fullscreen optimizations" on the Update, and the game started feeling like before, without issues. Also I recommend doing this so that performance does not get negatively affected by the new security mitigations.

I guess you got really unfortunate with your drivers. I would probably wait at least 6 months before trying to update again, so both MS and driver vendors can clean up the mess.
[...]

Offline SiD

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2017, 05:57 PM »
I can't minimize the game. If I do, there will be some weird empty geometric bodies on my screen while playing. Or even worse - whole white screen that will require ctrl+alt+del to get rid off.
Also, even tho I always played with vsyncs off, since 1709 - game slowed down and feels like all vsyncs are turned on. 

yep.. both these problems happen to me too after updating to 1709..
https://i.imgur.com/Q0cMpXj.jpg

"Disable fullscreen optimizations" fixes it.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2017, 06:34 PM »
"Disable fullscreen optimizations" fixes it.

Is it also fixing vsync problem? Apart from the minimizing problem, input lag was also caused by 1709, for me atleast.
I'm sure they'll fix it StepS, but I don't prefer being lab rat and use unfinished product next few months.

Offline SiD

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2017, 11:34 AM »
Is it also fixing vsync problem?

yep, game runs as before when this box is checked.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2017, 08:55 PM »
Stay XP.
Or at least stick with Windows 8.1 (and the newest WA version), which I haven't had trouble with, although results may vary.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Sensei

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Windows 1803 update seem to not fix problem entirely but it's better than 1703/1709 when it comes to WA.

Still not able to run the game without compatibility mode or unchecking "disable fullscreen optimizations", but at least now I'm able to use compatibility with Win8 (in earlier update only compatibility that was allowed was XP, which made game run much faster).

Win8 compatibility do feel like there's a bit of "input delay", but XP one was just too furious. Now need to get used to  Win7/8/10 feel, all over again. :)

Also, this update fixed IntesKeyChange too. In 1709 I needed to run it as administrator and then disable before entering the actual game. StepS proposed this run as admin solution, obviously.

There, just a bit info on new update if anyone had similar issues.

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2018, 07:18 PM »
Windows 1803 update seem to not fix problem entirely but it's better than 1703/1709 when it comes to WA.

Still not able to run the game without compatibility mode or unchecking "disable fullscreen optimizations", but at least now I'm able to use compatibility with Win8 (in earlier update only compatibility that was allowed was XP, which made game run much faster).

Win8 compatibility do feel like there's a bit of "input delay", but XP one was just too furious. Now need to get used to  Win7/8/10 feel, all over again. :)

Also, this update fixed IntesKeyChange too. In 1709 I needed to run it as administrator and then disable before entering the actual game. StepS proposed this run as admin solution, obviously.

There, just a bit info on new update if anyone had similar issues.
That's weird I played W:A on Windows 10 and didn't have any issues.
Maybe you have the graphics engine set to directdraw?
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2018, 04:48 PM »
Update: Day after and its not working again lol. Need compatibility with win xp.
Windows 10 is still shit. Thanks for listening.

Offline sock

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2018, 07:42 PM »
Update: Day after and its not working again lol. Need compatibility with win xp.
Windows 10 is still shit. Thanks for listening.

Got problems with my worms too, maybe after last update, not sure.