Forums
March 29, 2024, 03:12 PM

Author Topic: Custom flag colors not working  (Read 1550 times)

Offline NEONDragon

• Sweden Sweden
  • *80s Forever, baby*
    • View Profile
Custom flag colors not working
« on: November 02, 2019, 08:28 PM »
Hey folks,

I've been working on a flag of my own, but they just don't work. I have been following a couple of detailed tutorials, using GIMP and mtPaint, as well as worms info's personal tutorial about making the flags, but it just refuses to work.

The colors show up like a complete mess, or shows entirely different color. I really don't get it. Can you help me, please?
Here are the flags. The Omega symbol is supposed to be purple, but shows red in-game. And the Skynet flag is just a plain mess.

Offline h3oCharles

Re: Custom flag colors not working
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2019, 10:50 PM »

Offline NEONDragon

• Sweden Sweden
  • *80s Forever, baby*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 10:05 AM »
I followed that, as I mentioned above. It didn't work for me. I followed every step of it.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 04:29 PM »
Skynet doesn't have enough colors
Omega seems fine for me

Offline HHC

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2019, 04:32 PM »
Insofar as the pink one goes.. WA seems to recognize only a particular set of colours. Particularly on the purple and cyan-side of things there isn't much to go with.
If you want it to be more purple, make it a lighter shade of purple and see if that does the trick.

Skynet shows up as a mess in my game as well.
Not sure how to fix it as I don't have PSP installed, which I used to use to make worms flags.

Have you tried creating a new plain BMP-image and copying the skynet one into it?  :-[

Also, just a tip in general, it's sometimes good to pixel-edit the image. The supersmall size makes images hard to make out. Sometimes I emphasize aspects to make them stand out better (i.e. make blood drops bigger and brighter red), same could be helpful with the skynet one (less stripes / bigger ones, and make the red brighter)... who knows, this may even fix the visual bug.

Offline HHC

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 12:39 PM »
edit: yap. Skynet works fine, you just need to add pure, solid black (#000000) to its colour palette.

Offline NEONDragon

• Sweden Sweden
  • *80s Forever, baby*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 05:07 PM »
edit: yap. Skynet works fine, you just need to add pure, solid black (#000000) to its colour palette.

I did that... :( Still doesn't work for me. And neither does Omega symbol. I've read both of your comments, but I just can't get it working. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I use both GIMP and mtPaint.

Offline HHC

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019, 05:50 PM »

I did that... :( Still doesn't work for me. And neither does Omega symbol. I've read both of your comments, but I just can't get it working. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I use both GIMP and mtPaint.

The one that works for me is in the attachment below.

All I did was open Paint, clicked on Black and then paint bucketted the background. Normal save. And it worked.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 05:52 PM by HHC »

Offline NEONDragon

• Sweden Sweden
  • *80s Forever, baby*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 11:27 AM »

The one that works for me is in the attachment below.

All I did was open Paint, clicked on Black and then paint bucketted the background. Normal save. And it worked.

Ahhhh man...  How? I don't get it. Also I was just doing some grave and I followed all your steps, and also used paint bucket on background, and the cursed thing still has messed up color (both flags and graves). I'm using GIMP 2 and mtPaint as suggested in the tutorial.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2019, 12:07 PM »
Just to be sure, you did resave the team after changing the flag file, right?
btw resaved the original Skynet flag in IrfanView, works
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline NEONDragon

• Sweden Sweden
  • *80s Forever, baby*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2019, 10:48 PM »
Just to be sure, you did resave the team after changing the flag file, right?
btw resaved the original Skynet flag in IrfanView, works

O... M... G...! Unbelievable!! I made it work! Thanks to using IrfanView! :O :O I did just as you said. And it worked! Also fixed the grave problem I have, and all I did was re-save it with that program. I don't get it... why does this happen? Thanks a lot!