Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:05 AM

Author Topic: Graphics white problem  (Read 1099 times)

Offline MarCello

Graphics white problem
« on: March 29, 2020, 09:32 PM »
Hi!

I installed the Worms Armageddon 3.6.3.1. to my windows 10  and when run the wa or wormkit the menu is lagger and the chat, settings, texts etc... is totally white!
Why? How to fix this is graphics problem?

Offline Kaleu

Re: Graphics white problem
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 03:42 AM »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline MarCello

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 09:51 AM »
I really want to play with Project X and rubberworm with 3.6.3.1. version. So how to fix this is problem? The battle/match is full okay. But the menu is lagger and white :/

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 10:46 AM »
3.6.31.0*

the problem that you're describing is in that version and it was fixed in 3.7.2.1
project x tho

Offline MarCello

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 11:30 AM »
But if i wil install the 3.7.2.1. update to wa then the px and rubberworm don't will work =(
(Update) So i install the ddraw_fix_w8_up.dll and the white was missing! Only just the lagger in the menu. How to fix this is?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 11:45 AM by Marci1999 »

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 08:36 PM »
Project X is a can of worms on its own, and using it on newer operating system is only asking for more issues.
There's a windowed mode compatible with v3.6.31.0, that comes with a bunch of compatibility options on its own. On my machine windowed mode's default configuration fails to bring frontend back after finishing a round, the same issue I've seen brought up on forums. Setting UseDirect3D to 0 in wndmode.ini fixed it. Setting UseDDrawEmulate to 1 speeded up the frontend even further (but I have no idea how any of that works and what it might conflict with). I don't know how much of this would apply to your case.
If nothing helps, might have to live with laggy menus.

By the way, RubberWorm still works on 3.7.2.1, you'd just need a newer version of the module.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 09:47 PM »
Project X is a can of worms on its own [...]
is that a pun? xd

Offline MarCello

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 09:41 AM »
the windowed mode, it's work, but when the match and (any)
cannot return to the menu and it's like he's frozen

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 11:50 AM »
cannot return to the menu
I'm sorry but have you tried reading my post farther than the first link? That .ini has a list of compatibility options to try, maybe something would work. If nothing works, I guess the best choice would be to rollback the windowed mode thing away (delete wkWndMode.dll, wndmode.dll and wndmode.ini) and live with non-critical laggy menus.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Sensei

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 01:44 PM »
Wasn't the fix for this to right click wa.exe/properties/compatibility/check the box "disable fullscreen optimizations" ?

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 03:35 PM »
right click wa.exe/properties/compatibility/check the box "disable fullscreen optimizations"
Makes no visible difference on my machine. But @Marci1999 pls try this as well.