Forums
April 24, 2024, 02:34 PM

Author Topic: How can i join WormNET?  (Read 1814 times)

Offline morken

How can i join WormNET?
« on: October 30, 2018, 01:07 AM »
I've never played WA online, i'm a completely newbie on this.
pls halp

Offline Thewolensheep

• The MEGA retard.

• United States United States
  • A f@$!%$! loser.
    • View Profile
Re: How can i join WormNET?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 03:24 AM »
Find the button in the main menu showing 2 worms inside a computer, then click it, make a nickname, finally click on the button showing a worm on a earth.
Creates soundbanks and other s!@t.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 09:02 AM »
You will need a decent computer to run WA, preferably from this decade (2010-Now).
It is advised not to use a mouse with a ball under it. Upgrade from dial up modem if possible.
Majority of people communicate in English so it is good if you can try, even if your English is ''bad''.
When you are connected through the main server Team17, you will see a list of channels, everyone are in the #AnythingGoes Channel. You use your mouse to double click it with your preferable finger. Of course this is something  that you probably have figured out on your own by now. This is by default, to use a finger on a mouse, obviously, you could use other body parts or surfaces of your body to proceed with a mouse, or with other specialized peripherals.

Now you are hopefully in the main server and channel AnythingGoes. Here you will be able to see Players, Messages, & Host Rooms. (For those who don't know what ''&'' is, it is symbol for ''AND''). Navigate mouse to the long message box and greet everyone with respect. You will need a keyboard for this, or other preferable peripheral for this type of communication, e.g voice to text. After telling everyone about who and what you are, wait for reply, it is rude to leave, because you never know if there is somebody typing desperately back to your message, and only to see that you left. So after getting to know your new best friend, talk about what you want to play. He/she/it will likely suggest to host a something.
How do you host? Type ''!Host Normal'', a bot will host a normal game for you. But now you must be wondering where is my game? Well to the left on the screen, above the ''Messages'' To join your host, use mouse or whatever of your desires to enter it. Now you are inside of your host, where you can wait for other players to join. They will add their teams, and hopefully you remembered to have added your team too. Click big light bulb and then type ''!start''

You don't always have to play normal, you can have a bot host you many things e.g Full Wormage. You can also join other people's host too. Yellow colored host text are password protected, pay attention to the key lock before the host tittle and flag. Also, very Important, pay attention to game room name, because some schemes (Game modes), requires special rules to play. So if you do decide to venture into one of these rooms, be nice, honest and ask for rules. DO NOT click on light bulb 1000 times, and insert many teams. This can make the host operator very angry, and never ever quit a game, because if you do, everyone will remember, everyone will talk about it, and you will have to change name until you become less incompetent.

Well that's it for now. Now go get them! :)
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 10:05 AM »
You will need a decent computer to run WA, preferably from this decade (2010-Now).
It is advised not to use a mouse with a ball under it. Upgrade from dial up modem if possible.
I should have stopped reading that right here
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Tomi

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 08:14 AM »
And if you managed to join wormnet, here are some more instructionss: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/aef/newbie-guide-book-26874/ ;)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 09:34 AM »
Man, that was hilarious!

But honestly, amazing! Absolutely nothing wrong with going into full detail even basic information like this, kind of wish sometimes there were more things explained like this :)

obviously, you could use other body parts or surfaces of your body to proceed with a mouse

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 01:58 PM »
Absolutely nothing wrong with going into full detail even basic information like this
Only if it wasn't complete bullshit, like the dial-up part - I imagine the fact the game can be played just fine with a bad internet connection was a deciding point for many.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Kradie

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 02:17 PM »
Absolutely nothing wrong with going into full detail even basic information like this
Only if it wasn't complete bullshit, like the dial-up part - I imagine the fact the game can be played just fine with a bad internet connection was a deciding point for many.

The fact that it is bullshit, makes it funny. It was not meant to be taken serious, but unfortunately some already have.

Although, you never know if someone TRULY needs a thorough explanation of anything to fully comprehend something.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 02:24 PM »
Not really, some people do actually still use dialup.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 04:34 PM »
Not really, some people do actually still use dialup.
Pretty sure pRogi told me he uses dialup.

I was on 28k/56k dialup for the first year or two I played this game.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 12:18 AM »
and all this took is a peaceful post from a newbie.

I'm starting to hate this community, with this kind of attitude I won't be able to motivate myself to do anything

Offline Sensei

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 12:56 AM »
I'm starting to hate this community, with this kind of attitude I won't be able to motivate myself to do anything

Ok.. Let's imagine this community is all flowers.
What you can offer during full motivated phase?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 11:09 AM »

Ok.. Let's imagine this community is all flowers.
What you can offer during full motivated phase?

Good idea, let me extend it. Let us imagine that each forum thread is a flower, and that each reply is a another flower seed added. Then all of the sudden a flower containing deadly miasma is added, it releases its poisonous seeds on all of its surrounding flowers, and causes everything around it to wither and die. The joy and innocence is dissolved, while evil is still allowed to spread its dark divinity.

We must protect our garden from evil entities that wishes to harm it with miasma. We must fight for our soil, we must allow us to grow and shine! Not stand idly by and let darkness devour us all!

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 11:31 AM »
no, just... no

Offline Sensei

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 12:03 PM »
Miasma?!?

Kradie, pls be honest. This is something we all asked ourselves at least once when seeing your posts. Do you write them while reading dictionary?