Forums
April 19, 2024, 07:53 PM

Author Topic: How do I play in 1080p?  (Read 3969 times)

Offline Lord Mushroom

How do I play in 1080p?
« on: June 19, 2021, 01:27 AM »
When I choose 1920x1080, the map, worms etc. become small (camera zooms out). Is it possible to play in 1920*1080 and still have everything be as big as in 1280/720?

I just bought WA from GOG, so I don´t think I have the 3.8 version.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: How do I play in 1080p?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2021, 05:12 AM »
3.8.1 is the latest update, if you are sure your game is not updated, you can download it here:

https://worms2d.info/Updates_(Worms_Armageddon)
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2021, 11:00 AM »
you're only increasing canvas size, and this applies for all resolutions, there's no zooming in and out (yet?)

if possible, i think the only solution you can do is play 720p fullscreen, just like you'd play 5:4 stretched in CS:GO
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 11:14 AM by TheMadCharles »

Offline Lord Mushroom

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2021, 12:52 PM »
Thanks.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 12:43 PM »
OH MY GOD! YOU ARE LORD MUSHROOM 🍄!

I played many 1rule games with you. You were one of my favourite hosts of that time. I only realized now about your nick!

I don't think RubberWorm version of that scheme would be the same thing, though I would like to play it again. The only problem of that scheme is that I remember one day I got Kamikaze AND Suicide Bomber from crates.

There is an article about 1rule scheme in Worms Knowledge Base:
https://worms2d.info/1rule
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 12:47 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Lord Mushroom

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2021, 12:32 AM »
OH MY GOD! YOU ARE LORD MUSHROOM 🍄!

I played many 1rule games with you. You were one of my favourite hosts of that time.

Thank you for those very kind words. I am so sorry about the very late reply. I figured the thread was over shortly after I wrote my second post in this thread, and stopped checking for more replies. I will keep checking for replies in this thread until a week passes without any new replies.

It has been so long since I have played a worms game (WWP) that I had difficulties remembering what 1rule was about. I initially thought it was a similar game I used to host where you started with infinite shotgun and longbow, I think, but were not allowed to use those to hurt enemy worms directly. It was played on an open map with 4 worms each, but there were no restrictions on how many weapons you could have.

But when I read the description of 1rule, I saw it wasn´t that one. And as I read, it was slowly coming back to me.

I don't think RubberWorm version of that scheme would be the same thing, though I would like to play it again.

I don´t remember if 1rule had crate shower or not. In the description it says it had crate shower, but in the game settings it says that crate probability was set to 100% (1 crate per turn). I used to prefer  games with 1 crate per turn, so I think that was the case for 1rule too. I just loved being forced to use weak weapons.  :) So you may not need RubberWorm to make that scheme.

Unfortunately, I won´t be playing Worms Armageddon anymore. I have some problems with my eyes, which results in my eyes getting tired quickly from playing games. This is why I stopped playing WWP. I was hoping that playing in HD, which WA allows, would be less tiring than WWP. But alas, it was not sufficiently so.

But you can always host the scheme yourself. If you can´t host "naturally", you can use Wormnat2. That worked like a charm for me.

The only problem of that scheme is that I remember one day I got Kamikaze AND Suicide Bomber from crates.

;D

That certainly gives you a dilemma if you have more than 1 worm. :)

There is an article about 1rule scheme in Worms Knowledge Base:
https://worms2d.info/1rule

It is so nice to see something concrete in the Worms world as a result of my endeavours. Thank you if you were the one to list it there. If I had known the scheme would have ended up on the list, I would have come up with a better name. :)

In any case, I very much appreciate being remembered (by you) after all this time, and hope you get to enjoy 1rule in the future.

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2021, 05:05 AM »
Thank you for those very kind words. I am so sorry about the very late reply. I figured the thread was over shortly after I wrote my second post in this thread, and stopped checking for more replies. I will keep checking for replies in this thread until a week passes without any new replies.
TUS will have a better notification system as an app, I believe, but thankfuly it seems that my message notified you by your email.

It has been so long since I have played a worms game (WWP) that I had difficulties remembering what 1rule was about. I initially thought it was a similar game I used to host where you started with infinite shotgun and longbow, I think, but were not allowed to use those to hurt enemy worms directly. It was played on an open map with 4 worms each, but there were no restrictions on how many weapons you could have.
I don't think I played this scheme you are talking before, but there is a snapshot (archive) of a Blame The Pixel scheme page with a scheme that you uploaded there called "Complex Rules Normal" scheme, maybe that's the one you're saying. I would like to understand all schemes lost in Blame The Pixel. I was actually reading the description of the first scheme I made in my life,  called "Moles n' Crates". I plan to make a RubberWorm version of it as I remember what it was like, but I really don't like RubberWorm Crate Shower, it is not the same thing compared to WWP (RW version has the annoying parachuting - in the middle of the turn - crates that you have to wait to continue playing). So, one day I plan to remake many WWP schemes if the crate shower of WA one day be the same as WWP.

I don´t remember if 1rule had crate shower or not. In the description it says it had crate shower, but in the game settings it says that crate probability was set to 100% (1 crate per turn). I used to prefer  games with 1 crate per turn, so I think that was the case for 1rule too. I just loved being forced to use weak weapons.  :) So you may not need RubberWorm to make that scheme.

As I remember "1rule" does use "Crates, crates and even more crates" Wormpot, if I remember correctly it had many crates always appearing during the game, and that's why I think the "max 3 weapons" rule was so important. I remember you as a good host because you really, really paid attention if the players were respecting the rule. You really counted how many crates each player got and which weapons they used. I used to thought that you were noting stuff with a pencil + paper during the game. I might be wrong, but I really trust my memory because it is good for past emotions.

Unfortunately, I won´t be playing Worms Armageddon anymore. I have some problems with my eyes, which results in my eyes getting tired quickly from playing games. This is why I stopped playing WWP. I was hoping that playing in HD, which WA allows, would be less tiring than WWP. But alas, it was not sufficiently so.

Oh, these are very sad news, you are a very creative scheme maker and good host :)

It is so nice to see something concrete in the Worms world as a result of my endeavours. Thank you if you were the one to list it there. If I had known the scheme would have ended up on the list, I would have come up with a better name. :)

Surprisingly I didn't participate on the development of 1rule article. The article was created (and mainly written) by Konar6 (see the page history). However I remember I questioned the name of this scheme, because I don't remember the name it used to be hosted. 1rule sounds strange for me too, but I got used to it, and I love that one rule that makes all the difference in the gameplay and I respect the effort of Konar6, so the name of the scheme might be 1rule in fact. I indeed made a comment about that article in 2009 (I hope you don't mind my bad english and the way I used to write that time): https://worms2d.info/Talk:1rule

In any case, I very much appreciate being remembered (by you) after all this time, and hope you get to enjoy 1rule in the future.

You are welcome (back again) ;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 05:10 AM by FoxHound »
'

Offline Lord Mushroom

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2021, 09:10 AM »
I don't think I played this scheme you are talking before, but there is a snapshot (archive) of a Blame The Pixel scheme page with a scheme that you uploaded there called "Complex Rules Normal" scheme, maybe that's the one you're saying.

I guess so, I haven´t hosted many games with only infinite shotgun and longbow.  :)

Again, the name leaves something to be desired. As there is only 1 rule, and it is not that complex. Although, I remember some people complaining if I hurt their worms indirectly with shotgun/longbow by shooting a barrel or a mine.

However, I used to host a game where each player was assigned an enemy, and was only allowed to attack that player (collateral damage to other players was allowed, though). Only when that player was dead were you allowed to attack the remaining player(s).

That scheme could be played with a variety of settings, but it is quite possible that my preferred settings at the time was the shotgun/longbow game. Add all those rules up, and then it is complex. 

I really don't like RubberWorm Crate Shower, it is not the same thing compared to WWP (RW version has the annoying parachuting - in the middle of the turn - crates that you have to wait to continue playing).

Yes, it is strange that they didn´t do it in a way that copied how it works in WWP. Perhaps it was easier technically to do it that way.

As I remember "1rule" does use "Crates, crates and even more crates" Wormpot, if I remember correctly it had many crates always appearing during the game, and that's why I think the "max 3 weapons" rule was so important.

You are probably right. Now that I think about it, I may have set crate frequency to 100% even in games with Crates, crates and even more crates.

I remember you as a good host because you really, really paid attention if the players were respecting the rule. You really counted how many crates each player got and which weapons they used.

Thanks.

Oh, these are very sad news, you are a very creative scheme maker and good host :)

Many thanks.

However I remember I questioned the name of this scheme, because I don't remember the name it used to be hosted. 1rule sounds strange for me too, but I got used to it, and I love that one rule that makes all the difference in the gameplay and I respect the effort of Konar6, so the name of the scheme might be 1rule in fact.

I think it is likely that the name is correct. The main problem with hosting 1rule is that some players don´t follow the rule, upon which the game is more or less ruined. So it makes sense that I named it 1rule to maximize the chance that players joining the game were aware that there was a rule they needed to follow.

I indeed made a comment about that article in 2009 (I hope you don't mind my bad english and the way I used to write that time): https://worms2d.info/Talk:1rule

I reacted to the description saying it uses a roper map too. I have never hosted a game with indestructable terrain.

You are welcome (back again) ;)

:)

Offline StepS

Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 06:56 AM »

I used to host a game where each player was assigned an enemy, and was only allowed to attack that player (collateral damage to other players was allowed, though). Only when that player was dead were you allowed to attack the remaining player(s).

Very interesting idea. I wonder how the gameplay would be in practice. I like these ruled normal games.

I reacted to the description saying it uses a roper map too. I have never hosted a game with indestructable terrain.

If you check the replay file available for download on the article, the scheme has destructible terrain, even though I'm sure I never played this scheme on a Roper map. Also, I'm not sure if the number of worms is two.

By the way, do you know more or less when you created 1rule? I'm thinking to edit the article, at least to add a History section. I think I'll probably add the link for this thread on that article too. I play WWP online since 2006, so I believe this scheme might have been created around 2006-2009. Maybe it is earlier than 2006...
'

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2021, 07:12 AM »
Ah, and if you want to write more about what you remember about the scheme (in order to update the article Konar6 wrote), or even remake the scheme adapted to WA, that wouldn't be a bad idea, but you don't need to.

I have a friend that rarely plays WA nowadays, usually he only plays with me, but we used to play WWP offline a lot together and he helped me to play WWP online. I remember him complimenting your scheme 1rule, he enjoyed it and after sometime I tried it when you hosted. It was a good WWP scheme.
'

Offline Lord Mushroom

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2021, 08:03 AM »
Very interesting idea. I wonder how the gameplay would be in practice.

Thanks. I was tired of normal games being too much depending on luck, as players tend to attack the leader, at least if it is a big lead. So I wanted a game where the best player would win more often than usual.

In a 4-player game, it would be red vs. blue, and green vs. purple (or some other colour). As collateral damage was allowed, it was a good idea to stay away from the non-enemy worms.

There was a big advantage in winning your duel first, as you could attack the remaining players, but they couldn´t attack you. :) And it was a good idea to attack the player who was leading the duel, so whoever won the 2nd duel wouldn´t have much left.

In a 3-player game, red could only attack blue, blue could only attack green and green could only attack red (collateral damage still allowed). The better you were at attacking your enemy whilst defending yourself from the 3rd player, the better were your chances if you became one of the two remaining players.

I like these ruled normal games.

Me too. :)

I'm not sure if the number of worms is two.

I thought that was strange at first too, because I rarely hosted games with few worms. But I see that worms had 200 health, the map had borders and I think the level had a floor too. Combine that with the limited arsenal players are allowed to hold, it makes sense to limit the number of worms, or else the game lasts too long. 

By the way, do you know more or less when you created 1rule? I'm thinking to edit the article, at least to add a History section. I think I'll probably add the link for this thread on that article too. I play WWP online since 2006, so I believe this scheme might have been created around 2006-2009. Maybe it is earlier than 2006...

I only played 1rule over a period of weeks or months, so whenever you played it with me was shortly after I created it.

Offline Lord Mushroom

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2021, 08:26 AM »
Ah, and if you want to write more about what you remember about the scheme (in order to update the article Konar6 wrote), or even remake the scheme adapted to WA, that wouldn't be a bad idea, but you don't need to.

I am sorry, but I don´t remember anything else at the moment.

As for adapting it to WA, I think there are only two solutions. Either using the crate-thing in Rubberworm, or having 1 crate per turn. I am leaning towards the latter.

If you don´t like having both kamikaze and suicide bomber being available, you could put your own spin on it, and remove one or both of them. You could also make any other changes you would like.

I have a friend that rarely plays WA nowadays, usually he only plays with me, but we used to play WWP offline a lot together and he helped me to play WWP online. I remember him complimenting your scheme 1rule, he enjoyed it

Obviously a man of great taste.  ;D

and after sometime I tried it when you hosted. It was a good WWP scheme.

Thank you.

Offline FoxHound

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2021, 07:03 AM »
Thanks. I was tired of normal games being too much depending on luck, as players tend to attack the leader, at least if it is a big lead. So I wanted a game where the best player would win more often than usual.

In a 4-player game, it would be red vs. blue, and green vs. purple (or some other colour). As collateral damage was allowed, it was a good idea to stay away from the non-enemy worms.

There was a big advantage in winning your duel first, as you could attack the remaining players, but they couldn´t attack you. :) And it was a good idea to attack the player who was leading the duel, so whoever won the 2nd duel wouldn´t have much left.

In a 3-player game, red could only attack blue, blue could only attack green and green could only attack red (collateral damage still allowed). The better you were at attacking your enemy whilst defending yourself from the 3rd player, the better were your chances if you became one of the two remaining players.

Very interesting rule, I think I'll gonna try it one day I play Intermediate FFA with known people. Free For All is good to play with beginners. Maybe that rule could make the game more funny, I don't know, only trying to see. But trying will probably be interesting just because is something different.

I think some schemes of this game should receive a referee, I know that all rules can be one day coded and the referee could be obsolete for a scheme. This game is about creating many game modes, like Super Mario World Hacks (that I like to compare with Races in WA), but in a different way, sometimes as a battle, sometimes as a Board Game since this game is turn based... So, a game where there are thousands of different schemes constantly being created and there is not a big company supporting it to receive big updates every week, means that it is very hard to schemes receive programmed rules (the ideal)... So, referees could be very useful in this kind of game maintained and updated by a community of people. And I like the idea of a referee because Worms Armageddon is a sport, and many sports have referees. I think your atitude when hosting 1rule were more or less like a referee, you really checked if someone was cheating or not.

Shopper is still a very famous scheme for all these years because there are rules and people act as referees... And this works!

We are ruled by the rules of justice or government (the law), all games only work due to rules (there is no game without rules), if intermediate doesn't have rules, is because the rules were programmed. I think this game should just accept the fact that it will be played with many different rules and rules are very important, I think the scheme editor of the game could receive a text box for the scheme description or the rules, where this text would be saved inside the scheme file. If this idea would be too crazy, at least the Hosting Lobby could receive an exclusive text box showing the rules and details of the scheme about to be played.

I thought that was strange at first too, because I rarely hosted games with few worms. But I see that worms had 200 health, the map had borders and I think the level had a floor too. Combine that with the limited arsenal players are allowed to hold, it makes sense to limit the number of worms, or else the game lasts too long. 

Now that you said about the floor, I remember that the 1rule maps had in fact border at the bottom, that may explain why the scheme map is written as "roper maps". I think the maps were bordered caves (without plops) and not twin islands necessarily. And yeah, I think 2 worms make sense. I think I didn't play this scheme with many worms, only with a small quantity.

I only played 1rule over a period of weeks or months, so whenever you played it with me was shortly after I created it.

It was a period of months, then. I doubt it was only weeks.

As for adapting it to WA, I think there are only two solutions. Either using the crate-thing in Rubberworm, or having 1 crate per turn. I am leaning towards the latter.

If you don´t like having both kamikaze and suicide bomber being available, you could put your own spin on it, and remove one or both of them. You could also make any other changes you would like.

Thanks, maybe one day I will do a variation (or just my own version of the adaptation) of 1rule. I'll consider removing crate shower, although I love that wormpot. I don't like RW crate shower, but there is a scheme I love to play that uses it very well and it is more versatile than WWP's Crate Shower Wormpot, because you can choose the % of chance to find each weapon in crates: Plop Gum.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 07:20 AM by FoxHound »
'

Offline Lord Mushroom

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2021, 02:09 PM »
Very interesting rule, I think I'll gonna try it one day I play Intermediate FFA with known people. Free For All is good to play with beginners. Maybe that rule could make the game more funny, I don't know, only trying to see. But trying will probably be interesting just because is something different.

People have different opinions, of course, but I feel that many FFA games don´t really start until near the end as people will tend to attack the leader. So a lot of the game is just about saving/gathering weapons, so you can kick ass at the end. That rule was trying to fix that.

I have never liked 1vs1, it is too confrontational to me. One winner and one loser. That is why I prefer the 3-player version of this rule, as you basically have 2 enemies. One offensive and one defensive.

You could use the same idea for a 4-player game too. Red attacks blue, blue attacks green, green attacks purple and purple attacks red. And when you have killed your target, you can attack whoever you want.

a game where there are thousands of different schemes constantly being created and there is not a big company supporting it to receive big updates every week, means that it is very hard to schemes receive programmed rules (the ideal)...

Somebody could make something similar to Rubberworm for rules. Where the most common rules can be selected (crate before attack, kill the leader and so on). As new rules gain popularity they could be added to the list of available rules.

Maybe your interest in 1rule one day results in a rule being available which says "players can have max. X different weapons", where you can set that number.

I think the scheme editor of the game could receive a text box for the scheme description or the rules, where this text would be saved inside the scheme file. If this idea would be too crazy, at least the Hosting Lobby could receive an exclusive text box showing the rules and details of the scheme about to be played.

Sounds like a good idea.

I think the maps were bordered caves (without plops) and not twin islands necessarily.

I think so too.