Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:01 AM

Author Topic: Inverted mouse axis?  (Read 791 times)

Offline TheKaren

Inverted mouse axis?
« on: October 11, 2017, 10:24 AM »
So, after like 4 months M3ntal convinced me to buy Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U, never thought i'd ever play a Zelda game that would top Ocarina of Time, but so far this is the best thing i've ever played...

So I played it for about 8-9 hours, next day I go to turn on my Wii U, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone....

F**king raging this happened after a system/game update, it was fine before, now Nintendo wants to charge me £50 - £150 to fix it, man my original Nintendo 64 still f**king works and it's almost 20 years old... This is what I absolutely hate about modern life, everything is built to f**king break so they can scam more money from you...

Anyway, i'll leave that rant for another day :/

So I was told about this emulator CEMU, since it's legal to use emulators if you have the console/game I thought, why not lol, and jesus f**king christ the advanced GFX packs are breathtaking, I literally just sat there for 20 minutes just looking around enjoying the artwork etc...

However, a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE problem is ofc no gyroscope for playing on CEMU, but the clever lads managed to get the mouse working, but... When you move mouse down the game goes up, so it's inverted, left and right are normal...

I am wondering if it's possible to invert the up/down axis of a mouse, so when moving mouse up it goes down on screen and when moving mouse down it goes up on screen, but left and right stay the same, so that I can control this better, it's already missing a 3rd axis tilt, soooo ridiculously hard with inverted up/down also my brain would take so long to get used to that which I don't think is worth training myself to do that...

I tried phoning up Microsoft but the Indian guy was a complete pleb, didn't understand what I was asking whatsoever.

And, a long shot here, if at all it's possible to use Wii U gamepad(with gyroscope), on PC, i'll owe you for life! Currently there is software allowing the use of gamepad on PC, but no gyroscope support from what I see...

Thanks...

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 10:26 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline XanKriegor

Re: Inverted mouse axis?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 11:02 AM »
Have you mistyped here? You need mouse up - aim up and mouse down - aim down?

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 11:08 AM »
No Xan, I want what I wrote lol.

I am wondering if it's possible to invert the up/down axis of a mouse, so when moving mouse up it goes down on screen and when moving mouse down it goes up on screen,

Let me show:

Standard mouse = Up/Up - Down/Down - Left/Left - Right/Right
What I want = Up/Down - Down/Up - Left/Left - Right/Right

It's beyond me why nobody has made this possible yet, at least that I know of...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:11 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 12:30 PM »
When you move mouse down the game goes up, so it's inverted, left and right are normal...

I am wondering if it's possible to invert the up/down axis of a mouse, so when moving mouse up it goes down on screen and when moving mouse down it goes up on screen

Is it same thing?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:39 PM by XanKriegor »

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 12:32 PM »
Actually just discovered, PS3/PS4 pads with gyroscope work, so gonna set that up :)

Still curious if the invert axis is possible, anyone?

Lol Xan!!!! Gonna slap you! lol.....

Think of any standard mouse, when you move it down it goes down on screen, up=up, etc, now, in the game, when I move down, it goes up, so I wanna invert the mouse on whole windows system, so that in game, when I go down, it goes down...

Now get it?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:34 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 12:37 PM »
Old mouses with rubber ball may be are moddable this way, but optical are not. Best way is to email developers of this emulator and ask them to add this feature, it should not be hard at all. Damn, even some ancient games have this feature.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 12:42 PM »
Damn i know what you are talking about. It is not system who should work this way, its the game should interpret mouse moves this way, its called mouse inversion and many games has this function. I prefer to have aim going up when i move my mouse up. You, apparently, like it the opposite way.

Duke Nukem 3D, 1996:

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 12:47 PM by XanKriegor »

Offline lalo

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 01:36 PM »
Simplest solution  ;D:

If you need anything specific you'd take a look at reddit, you can find the answer for anything, literally. Take a look here: https://www.reddit.com/r/cemu/

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 02:09 PM »
Wtf I already replied here, did it get deleted or maybe I didn't hit post, sure I did...

Damn was quite a lot as well, will try to remember cuz was like an hour ago...

Xan, what you said makes sense, however this is a special case.

A normal mouse, on a normal screen, pretend you are looking down on mouse from birds eye view:

When you move mouse up, the arrow on the screen goes up.
When you move mouse down, the arrow on the screen goes down.
When you move mouse left, the arrow on the screen goes left.
When you move mouse right, the arrow on the screen goes right.

When I use this in Zelda:BotW:

When you move mouse up, the object tilts towards you.
When you move mouse down, the object tilts away from you.
When you move mouse left, the object spins left.
When you move mouse right, the object spins right.

What I want:

When you move mouse up, the object tilts away from you.
When you move mouse down, the object tilts towards you.
When you move mouse left, the object spins left.
When you move mouse right, the object spins right.

So what I need mouse to do:

When you move mouse up, the arrow on the screen goes down.
When you move mouse down, the arrow on the screen goes up.
When you move mouse left, the arrow on the screen goes left.
When you move mouse right, the arrow on the screen goes right.

@lalo - I had pre-ordered a Switch, then changed my mind when I realized the only game I wanted was Zelda, i'll get a switch in 1-2 years when all the games I want are out, and I can get a good deal :)

Had to cycle 14 miles just to get a f**king PS3 pad lol, then took me about an hour to get the f**king thing working...

But! Totally worth it!

Graphics are now better than Wii U / Switch, it runs absolutely perfect, i'm happy as f**k!!!! (Even though 15 minutes ago DEATH TO THE WORLD!)

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 02:22 PM »
I understand it, why you repeat it over and over again? How PS pad helped you?

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2017, 02:28 PM »
Ah, that's what I forgot lol.

Usually, yes, you can set "inverted mouse" in game options.

But the mouse isn't acting like a mouse in a normal game, the mouse is acting like a gyroscope, so the game doesn't have this option for inverted mouse axis, and it's 1 specific movement i'm after - up/down without conflicting with the other gyroscope movements.

That's why I am thinking, if I could force the axis invert for up/down on the mouse for the entire OS, it would do what I want in the game, in theory...