Forums
April 18, 2024, 03:28 PM

Author Topic: Select Worm is not responding to the Tab key. How to fix that?  (Read 853 times)

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

Heya. I really enjoy playing Worms Armageddon (on my UWP build). After COMODO Internet Security (the antivirus that i hate) was updated to the White Theme on my primary PC and white list was reset, i killed (by mistake) my PC, leaving it helpless unti it was repaired. Luckly, i made a backup on GameJolt (the site, that cheated on me). And i downloaded my backup to my alt (broken) PC. When i launched the backup, it had two problems: the replays and the Select Worm utility. The former was fixed with Windows Manual Opening (i chose Worms Armageddon 3.7.2.1 on that list). But the Select Worm was still broken. How i can fix it (without reinstalling Worms Armageddon).
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!

Offline WTF-8

Re: Select Worm is not responding to the Tab key. How to fix that?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 05:22 AM »
How exactly doesn't Select Worm work? If that's just a button broken on your keyboard, http://worms2d.info/RemapKeys
And since this is not the original game but "your own build", you sure the problem doesn't lie in it?

For file associations, you check the appropriate checkbox in advanced options, then restart the game. However, this is enabled by default. Why did you disable it in the first place?
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 05:36 AM »
How exactly doesn't Select Worm work? If that's just a button broken on your keyboard, http://worms2d.info/RemapKeys
And since this is not the original game but "your own build", you sure the problem doesn't lie in it?

For file associations, you check the appropriate checkbox in advanced options, then restart the game. However, this is enabled by default. Why did you disable it in the first place?
I checked that checkbox and restarted the game, but it still doesn't work.  and RemapKeys page is empty.
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 06:34 AM »
Ok my bad, https://worms2d.info/WkRemapKeys . Thought they had redirects for non-wk name variants.
And yet you didn't tell what's the deal with Select Worm. How exactly it doesn't work, again?

Dunno what's with file associations, maybe try to run the game as an admin once, with said checkbox checked. I remember StepS was planning on making a batch script to solve this in two clicks, wondering if he got the time yet.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 06:45 AM »
Ok my bad, https://worms2d.info/WkRemapKeys . Thought they had redirects for non-wk name variants.
And yet you didn't tell what's the deal with Select Worm. How exactly it doesn't work, again?

Dunno what's with file associations, maybe try to run the game as an admin once, with said checkbox checked. I remember StepS was planning on making a batch script to solve this in two clicks, wondering if he got the time yet.
Exactly, when I press Tab with Select Worm being active, it just stays on the current worm instead of switching to the next one.

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2017, 01:27 AM »
Does it work without wormkit enabled? If yes then enable modules one by one to isolate.

Why not just reinstall though? It takes 5 minutes and alot simper than troubleshooting this rarefied issue. Just back up your user folder and any modules first.