Forums
April 25, 2024, 10:21 PM

Author Topic: Network lags  (Read 5217 times)

Offline Bloody

Network lags
« on: July 14, 2017, 09:38 PM »
Hey guys,

I regularly play Worms Armageddon with a few friends via WormNET / Hostingbuddy. For a few days we encounter a lot of lags / game hangs ingame, sometimes players even timeout It also takes longer for hostingbuddy commands to be accepted, even logging in on the Wormnet Server and entering the Anything-Goes lobby takes longer than usual.

Does everybody encounter this problem at the moment or is it something on my side? Is there anything I could test / do to fix it?

Offline WTF-8

Re: Network lags
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 09:42 PM »
Someone on #Help was talking about that like 30 minutes ago, hmmmm
Out of 5 random HB games I joined, three definitely took longer to load than expected, soo I guess I can confirm that
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 09:58 PM »
Seen a few people mention this myself, Gab just mentioned it while waiting to begin Tournament final.

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 09:59 PM »
ye and fukin csongi blamed my internet...   :-*

Offline Csongi

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 10:06 PM »
ye and fukin csongi blamed my internet...   :-*
u were also blaming my snail gypsy connection, sooo  shushhh   :D
"Every day I get up and look through the Forbes list of the richest people in America. If I'm not there, I go to work." - Robert Orben

[avirex`mm] ill rape ur mother
[avirex`mm] twice in the same night
[avirex`mm] and she will ask for a third
[avirex`mm] cuz she's a whore

kins> Don't let girls ruins ur tus games :)

Offline Bloody

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 10:41 PM »
Oh okay, seems like its the server then. Hope they fix it soon. :)

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2017, 05:08 AM »
Same here for 3 days straight but we (cfc and tdc) reached the conclusion that it has something to do with WormNAT2's proxies afaik HB uses it too.
Senator hosted normally while daina and I use WormNAT2, game went ok only in Senator's host.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2017, 11:23 AM »

hf
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Godmax

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 11:24 AM »
Hosting on your own is beautiful. But even then the laggy apes take down the server nontheless

Offline CyberShadow

• W:A maintainer

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 10:44 PM »
Hi all,

We're doing some heavy maintenance on the server, which is having a big effect on load levels. Unfortunately everything will be slow-ish for a few more days, possibly a week. Some downtime will also happen for reboots and such.

It's all for a good reason, though, and will allow us to have much better backups and possibly allow moving to a faster server (much more efficiently than the previous server move).

Sorry for the inconvenience :)

Offline Bloody

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2017, 07:40 PM »
Thanks for your update. :)

I really hope it's sorted out soon, its totally unplayable right now. I just played with 3 friends and we had delay times from ~1min between turns to sync everything properly and even while the gameplay was fun, the connection was so bad that they consider quitting Worms:Armageddon and search another casual game to play.

It would be nice if you could reply once everything is sorted out and going well again, because it is no fun at the moment.

Offline Jengu

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 05:56 AM »
Thanks for your update. :)

I really hope it's sorted out soon, its totally unplayable right now. I just played with 3 friends and we had delay times from ~1min between turns to sync everything properly and even while the gameplay was fun, the connection was so bad that they consider quitting Worms:Armageddon and search another casual game to play.

It would be nice if you could reply once everything is sorted out and going well again, because it is no fun at the moment.
Just host on your own. It's lag-free.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 06:29 AM »

Offline Jengu

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 09:31 AM »

Offline StepS

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 10:20 AM »
It is possible if they port forward.
No, it's not.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier-grade_NAT

It makes it impossible to host services.

Carrier-grade NAT usually prevents the ISP customers from using port forwarding, because the network address translation (NAT) is usually implemented by mapping ports of the NAT devices in the network to other ports in the external interface. This is done so the router will be able to map the responses to the correct device; in carrier-grade NAT networks, even though the router at the consumer end might be configured for port forwarding, the "master router" of the ISP, which runs the CGN, will block this port forwarding because the actual port would not be the port configured by the consumer.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 10:22 AM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]