Forums > Tech Support

Privacy Question

<< < (2/2)

h3oCharles:
there's also streamer mode as a registry file in tweaks folder, which should hide IPs when attempting to join

zuck:
If server-side software is closed source you will never know what it's doing exactly. It may or may not keep chat logs. There's no way of knowing. Always be careful of what you're saying!

Kradie:

--- Quote from: zuck on August 31, 2021, 05:03 AM ---If server-side software is closed source you will never know what it's doing exactly. It may or may not keep chat logs. There's no way of knowing. Always be careful of what you're saying!

--- End quote ---
Or else you will get cancelled.

N7Kopper:

--- Quote from: Kradie on August 31, 2021, 01:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: zuck on August 31, 2021, 05:03 AM ---If server-side software is closed source you will never know what it's doing exactly. It may or may not keep chat logs. There's no way of knowing. Always be careful of what you're saying!

--- End quote ---
Or else you will get cancelled.

--- End quote ---
Don't fear cancellation, stand up to it. There's a Gulag Archipelago page dedicated to that, but it's a bit long. Also, don't send personal information over unencrypted channels like a game from 1998 for Christ's holy sake. Don't say anything you wouldn't want put in a replay for all time. I love hoarding replays like a collection of memories from all games where they exist - and I'm still a bit sad about that one computer where I didn't back them up. Nothing quite like booting up a decade old match of Halo Reach to reminisce.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version