Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:00 PM

Author Topic: shyguy is dumb, and lazy  (Read 3369 times)

Re: shyguy is dumb, and lazy
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 05:05 AM »
Installed WA on vmware, tried opening it and I can hear the game running (the WA heartbeat sound in the intro) but I just get a black screen... I can't figure out how to get out of the black screen mode, my entire vmware window is just stuck there. what now
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 05:08 AM »
dont know, mine worked perfect.  i am running directx 6, you might be running a later version that doesn't work well or something.  try directx 6 and report back.

http://www.oldapps.com/directx.php?old_directx=1
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:10 AM by TheWalrus »

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 05:11 AM »
I was running directx 6.  Everything is black, I got trapped and tried to force quit vmware, reentered vmware windows xp and the colors and graphics were all f@#!ed up, says I'm running 2 vmwares and I cant figure out how to force quit one of them.... sigh

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 05:16 AM »
I was running directx 6.  Everything is black, I got trapped and tried to force quit vmware, reentered vmware windows xp and the colors and graphics were all f@#!ed up, says I'm running 2 vmwares and I cant figure out how to force quit one of them.... sigh
how he hell are you running 2 vmwares?  i didnt even know this was possible.....reset your computer , and when you run worms run it windowed, if it works you can always go fullscreen.  and good luck playing worms once you get it working, you have to press Fn + fkey to make the fkeys work :)

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 05:17 AM »
http://worms2d.info/Installing_WA_on_VMware_Player

according to that tutorial, I need VMware tools? Do you use that walrus?

and I'm using an external kb, will the fkeys not work?

Online TheWalrus

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2013, 05:22 AM »
http://worms2d.info/Installing_WA_on_VMware_Player

according to that tutorial, I need VMware tools? Do you use that walrus?

and I'm using an external kb, will the fkeys not work?
I dont have vmware tools that i know of, and i dont get black screen problems.  i dont have an external keyboard, maybe it wont suck with fkeys.  Let me know if the fkeys works, i might pick up a cheap external kb if it works with fkeys.

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2013, 05:46 AM »
final verdict - game starts with a black screen.  Managed to click into a bot match and everything remains black screen even while in game.  Sound is fine, I just can't see shit... Who can help me?

Offline avirex

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2013, 06:24 PM »
steps, please come to the rescue.

Offline Peja

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2013, 06:32 PM »
I barely know how to use a MAC

maybe just sell the mac and get something you can play with? xD ofc you can also keep wasting hours to try to get wa running:)

Offline barman

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 06:53 PM »
This is what happens to technology when shyguy is around

My WA compilation videos: 2007 2013
My photography work

Quote from: Statik
barman's fails are best

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Hahahaha, that's quite accurate. Technology hates me

Offline StepS

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2013, 09:41 PM »
actually yes, have you installed vmware tools? vmware should prompt you to do so on first launch.
vmware tools are the essential drivers for graphics and other stuff, just like drivers for real hardware, and will solve many problems
Quick google found the best guide for doing so: http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1003417
Do what it says in the "Solution" section.
Good luck

if something is really hard or you don't want to constantly ask about random parts of the process, then we should have a teamviewer session, where your problem will be resolved with a very high probability
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 09:46 PM by StepS »
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2013, 10:24 PM »
gonna try the vmware tools thing.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2013, 10:45 PM »
Stop jerking off to Jobs and buy a real computer Shy... Why change from Windows to something much more worse and complicated.. I don't get it. On top of it Steve Jobs was a bitch and he deserved to die for how he treated people around him. He was a bad person and I hate apple and how locked up it is. That's my opinion ^^

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2013, 11:10 PM »
It appears I already have VMware tools installed and running... so yeah... what should I try next?

Mac is better than PC for my purposes.