Forums
April 24, 2024, 03:34 PM

Author Topic: WA.exe disappeared  (Read 1873 times)

Offline DataLore

WA.exe disappeared
« on: November 04, 2021, 01:21 PM »
It happened 2 times that i wanted to start the game but the link from my desktop was not working because of the missing original file WA.exe in the folder of the game. I did not canceled anything, it disappeared by his own. I deleted the game and reinstalled then it worked, but then it happened another time, and same i did. Why is this happening ? What should i do to solve the problem ?

Offline Kradie

Re: WA.exe disappeared
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 03:19 PM »
I would like to add a related problem. Sometime game replays disappears too. Why?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline StepS

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 12:02 AM »
delete antivirus
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2021, 01:20 AM »
I hate to loose my team file every now and then. I have a backup of my Team file to cope with that, but it is annoying. Everytime I decide to create a new team I need to save a copy of the updated file, otherwise it will disappear and I will have to use my old file again. Then I need to create the team again or give up creating new teams. This bug is really annoying.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 01:22 AM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Online Danger135

• Slovakia Slovakia
  • People are stupid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2021, 08:05 PM »
Is it on Windows 10? It have built in antivirus which is deleting files without warning. So do not be surprised when your MP3 or downloaded movies will dismiss self. They know better if it is legal to have or not to have, so they delete and do not say anything.
123  My teams use this, this, and this soundbanks.

Offline DataLore

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2021, 04:54 PM »
I got Avast installed, now i deleted it, i tried to install another, Avira and i excluded wa.exe from the from the antivrus scan, let'see if will work...

Online Danger135

• Slovakia Slovakia
  • People are stupid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 07:58 PM »
By built in antivirus I mean Windows Defender (or what it is, I do not have Win10). :P
123  My teams use this, this, and this soundbanks.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2021, 08:38 PM »
antivirus is trigger happy