Forums
March 28, 2024, 05:45 PM

Author Topic: WA windows 10 windowed mode  (Read 1270 times)

Offline LordHound

WA windows 10 windowed mode
« on: August 26, 2017, 10:24 PM »
Making a mini comeback and ive had some issue getting WA working on Windows 10.

The only way I could get WA to work is by use of windowed mode which is pretty annoying. Wa also opens up on the main menu as a small block in the top left of my hd screen.

I tried all the various tweaks people have mentioned (Render Direct3D, DirectDraw, WormKit Modules etc) but I have a feeling its something got to do with my hd monitor. But I cant say for sure.

Anybody else out there have WA running on Windows 10 full screen with a hd monitor/hdmi successfully? So share your setup!

PS. Hi people I haven't talked to in a few years :)

Offline WTF-8

Re: WA windows 10 windowed mode
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 12:29 AM »
Non-modded W:A refuses to launch if the monitor doesn't support 640x480 fullscreen, which is required for the frontend. For a HD monitor it might very well be the case.
The best I can recommend is to combine wkD3D9Wnd and wkSuperFrontendHD for windowed mode and somewhat bigger menus.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 12:52 AM »
After talking with LH, he can load the frontend and menus fine. He can play regular maps fine. The problem is he can't play .PNG maps. The game crashes with a desynchronization error. It's very strange.

Try using the newest version of d3d9wnd 0.7.0.0.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 12:47 PM »
The problem is he can't play .PNG maps. The game crashes with a desynchronization error. It's very strange.

Friend had same problem. StepS solved it by saying "move the game folder from program files".

Try that LordHound and let us know.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 03:24 PM »
Sup Lord welcome back, looking for you for some rrs.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 04:54 PM »
The problem is he can't play .PNG maps. The game crashes with a desynchronization error. It's very strange.

Friend had same problem. StepS solved it by saying "move the game folder from program files".

Try that LordHound and let us know.

Tried that already. Same problem.

Offline LordHound

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2017, 10:45 PM »
Yeah I tried moving to the root of C: but to no avail.

PNG maps still dont load. I have an idea though and I'll get back to you. 

Offline Shadow-The-Worm

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 02:56 AM »
Yeah I tried moving to the root of C: but to no avail.

PNG maps still dont load. I have an idea though and I'll get back to you. 
Well, Windows 10 is the best OS in the NT Metro version generation of the Windows OS family in terns of GUI, but it isn't the best OS in terns of being compatiable with the Worms series. Downgrade to Windows 7 or walt for a WormKit module, which grants total support with Windows 10 for Worms Armageddon.
I don't want to harm anybody, but when I am triggered, you'll see no mercy, only angry reaction.
My reaction to 3.8: STATUS CANNOT BE REMOVED!