Forums
April 16, 2024, 07:47 AM

Author Topic: What's wrong with Steam version of Worms Armageddon?  (Read 1206 times)

Offline Kaleu

What's wrong with Steam version of Worms Armageddon?
« on: May 19, 2022, 08:44 PM »
Guys I quit WA about 2 years ago of playing daily because the game freezes and drops fps a lot, making it terrible for roping.
I tried all the solutions I found around here and none worked, other configs just made the problem worse...
I recently found out that this is a problem unique to the version of the game on steam and windows 10.
I tried all the same solutions in the GOG version and it worked perfectly, the game is fluid as it should be. Thanks to Kradie though for assuring me that the GOG version was problem-free and provided the download link (I almost couldn't believe it), so I downloaded it and verified it to be true.
If you're having similar issues, try the GOG version (I haven't tested the CD version yet.)

Any thoughts?
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
Re: What's wrong with Steam version of Worms Armageddon?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 09:25 PM »
There's a brazilian player that I don't know his nickname, but his real name is Breno: he had the same problem, I believe. He tried using Steam and CD version and none worked. He solved it uninstalling Windows 10 and installing windows 7 instead. His computer is an old and slow machine, so Windows 10 might be too much for his computer. But he didn't try the GOG version.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 09:28 PM by FoxHound »
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 12:52 AM »
I considered roll back to windows 7, but just for worms? nah.  :)
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 06:17 AM »
Same for me. It lags with the legal Steam version, on Windows 7 for me. GOG version solved the problem. :)

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.