Forums
April 25, 2024, 01:25 PM

Author Topic: Worm Olympics - Unfair Hoster & illegal game  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
  • May the mole be with you (◕◡◕)/
    • View Profile
Worm Olympics - Unfair Hoster & illegal game
« on: August 09, 2014, 05:27 PM »
Today I played a tournament called Plop Your Worms
http://wormolympics.com/t1443

In the very first stage I had RomanL (the hoster of this tournament). He played on this map, he gave this map for people to play. No problem with that. He said nothing about additional rules on the chat before the tournament started... We play together... It was bo3. The goal was to plop all your worms just before the enemy(typical Abnormal) in something like Mine Madness map

1st game won by him
2nd game won by me

so it was basically 1:1

In the 3rd game I had 2 worms and he had 1 worm, I noticed that he is close to having his last worm ploped so instead of using Dragonball on my worm and Jumping to water, I decided to use EarthQuake and plop all the worms for the safe of my game in order to do a Draw. All the worms ploped I was happy etc, and I say to him " yay :) Draw :) " and he says " nope " and quited the game, proclaming that he won. I didn't know what is going on, in this last turn there was no any standing worm.

When I entered RopersHeaven chat he typed that

" For everyone on the server, if you plop yourself with your enemy in the same turn, and your enemy fell faster(in the same turn) then enemy wins "

and I wrote there that he obviously came up with this rule just now, not before or not even in the describtion of his tournament... He didn't anwer back ^ ^ .... Later on Renan told me that of course RomanL won his own tournament.... ^ ^ Renan says the same about this unfair result. No one ever on the server heard of such rule before our 3rd Round ^ ^ So in my opinion it should be definately reported...

Please, Look at the chat of 3rd Game in my Replays....
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 05:33 PM by Zalo »

Re: Worm Olympics - Unfair Hoster & illegal game
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 05:32 PM »
inventing new rules while playing is sure lame, but what did you expect from russian newbie:D

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 05:35 PM »
It was actually inventing new rules, after having played a particular game :d

no abnormal, no comet dodging, no wascar, has rules like that... that if both enemies die, the one dying faster wins ^ ^ what an absurd... let alone that RomanL wrote NOTHING about it before our 3rd Round ended

so every hoster of WO is privileged to change results like that ^ ^ cuz there is nobody to report it to? :/
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 05:53 PM by Zalo »

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 06:24 PM »
Zalo is right, I never seen it. he is the winners because spent three seconds? hahahah madness

Offline StepS

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2014, 07:13 PM »
From channel logs, times are in GMT.

Aug 09 2014 11:54:35 <MOD-RomanL> Important NOTE: If both teams will plop all worms at the same turn - the loser - whose worm drowned last. That mean NO DRAW results.
Aug 09 2014 12:04:20 <MOD-RomanL> Important NOTE: If both teams will plop all worms at the same turn - the loser - whose worm drowned last That mean NO DRAW results
Aug 09 2014 12:12:59 <MOD-RomanL> >>Important NOTE: If both teams will plop all worms at the same turn - the loser - whose worm drowned last That mean NO DRAW results
Aug 09 2014 12:14:20 -`GadZeT`/#RopersHeaven- Important NOTE: If both teams will plop all worms at the same turn - the loser - whose worm drowned last That mean NO DRAW results
Aug 09 2014 12:16:43 <MOD-RomanL> >>Important NOTE: If both teams will plop all worms at the same turn - the loser - whose worm drowned last That mean NO DRAW results
Aug 09 2014 12:31:15 <MOD-RomanL> >>Important NOTE: If both teams will plop all worms at the same turn - the loser - whose worm drowned last That mean NO DRAW results
Aug 09 2014 13:17:49 <MOD-RomanL> >>Important NOTE: If both teams will plop all worms at the same turn - the loser - whose worm drowned last That mean NO DRAW results
Aug 09 2014 13:19:23 <MOD-RomanL> >>Important NOTE: If both teams will plop all worms at the same turn - the loser - whose worm drowned last That mean NO DRAW results
Aug 09 2014 13:49:23 <MOD-RomanL> >>Important NOTE: If both teams will plop all worms at the same turn - the loser - whose worm drowned last That mean NO DRAW results
Aug 09 2014 13:49:23 <MOD-RomanL> >>Important NOTE: If both teams will plop all worms at the same turn - the loser - whose worm drowned last That mean NO DRAW results
Aug 09 2014 13:49:24 <MOD-RomanL> >>Important NOTE: If both teams will plop all worms at the same turn - the loser - whose worm drowned last That mean NO DRAW results
Aug 09 2014 13:49:36 -`GadZeT`/#RopersHeaven- Important NOTE: If both teams will plop all worms at the same turn - the loser - whose worm drowned last That mean NO DRAW results

In short words, he did say this a lot of times both before and during the tournament.
I agree though that he should have instead sent an email to correct the tourney page. However he made it clear before the tournament, and that is allowed.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2014, 07:48 AM »
I think You are wrong Sir. My 3rd Replay was flagged in my folder for Polish time and it says 13:07:58... Polish time goes 2+ hours faster than GMT time, now in summer.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/europe/european-union/poland/time/

And when we started this 3rd game, for GMT it was probably 11:07:58

Even Renan haven't seen any rules like that before the tournament started.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 07:51 AM by Zalo »

Offline LeTotalKiller

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2014, 08:31 AM »
Except that replays have their time written in GMT format, so it was probably 15:07:58 in Poland at that point.

Offline StepS

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2014, 09:22 AM »
I think You are wrong Sir. My 3rd Replay was flagged in my folder for Polish time and it says 13:07:58... Polish time goes 2+ hours faster than GMT time, now in summer.
Replay files are written in GMT time on all systems.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 09:23 AM »
Also, WO site says tourney was supposed to start at 12:00.

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 09:50 AM »
" Replay files are written in GMT time on all systems. "

Seriously? hmmmm My bad then.

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2014, 03:04 PM »
I see tonns of shit was dropped on me :D
Anyway Zalo, i think you understood you are not right, but I'm not offended.
First round winner was i'm, second too, but yeah, i'm russian newbie and didnt know that rules of bo3 says that each player must have first turn in rounds. Then we play second round again, you win, so 1-1. Then, in last round you loose, cause you didn't read chat. Thanks for Steps, he posted log, where you can see, i wrote this add. rule.
So no unfair hosting and no unfair moderating, yeah, it was my first tournament, but pretty clean.
About map - i agree, map only one, i Drawed it. Yes, i'm play this map much times (this map pretty bored for me now), but all players can train it too. Now my fantasy for create new map is ended and if you can draw your own map - i'll be happy.

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2014, 08:18 PM »
Ye ye, sorry ofc. My bad. I was practicing when the pairing was done, i briefly looked at the chat. My apologies