Forums
March 28, 2024, 12:05 PM

Author Topic: WormNAT2 Resolution problem.  (Read 1178 times)

Offline Serchín

WormNAT2 Resolution problem.
« on: April 06, 2017, 08:14 PM »
Hello.

I instaled WormNAT2 to be able to host my own games. So, WormNAT2 works, I cant host and play welly. But now the program opens in a small window, I mean the menues, the options, all this. But when game starts it "jumps" to Full Screen, but with very pixeled (Im not sure if is a resolution problem, I tried to change it, and the size of resolutions changes, but it still pixeled)

This is the program:
http://worms2d.info/WormNAT2

How can I solve it? Thanks you!

Offline CyberShadow

• W:A maintainer

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
Re: WormNAT2 Resolution problem.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 08:17 PM »
Pretty certain that whatever problem you're experiencing is not related to WormNAT2.

If you enabled WormKit modules to be able to use WormNAT2, then it's possible you had another WormKit module in your W:A directory.

Offline Serchín

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 10:18 PM »
What do you recomend to do?

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 10:19 PM »
Make sure that it was installing WormNAT2 and not something else that caused the problem.

Check for any WormKit files (.dll files beginning with "wk") in your W:A directory other than wkWormNAT2.dll.

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 10:23 PM »
Sounds like the D3D9Wnd module.

Offline Serchín

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 11:07 PM »
This is all what I have. I tried to move out wkD3D9Wnd, but it made that I cant host. So, Put back it again, and still cant host, and also stills the resolution problem. I reinstale (this image is a reinstaled one), onli adds are Rubberworms and WormNAT2 The wkD3D9Wnd comes with the instalation. In fact, the wizzard said that it gonna be instaled, as part of "actualization".
I tried to modify wkD3D9Wnd Bue when I open it, the code are "random characters"... Not text.

What to do?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:12 PM by Serchín »

Offline CyberShadow

• Moldova Moldova
    • View Profile
    • Homepage
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 11:25 PM »
The wkD3D9Wnd comes with the instalation

Sorry, I cannot help you. See here: http://worms2d.info/Arr

What to do?

Buy a legal version from Steam or GOG.

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 11:44 PM »
Don't download random bullshit W:A installations/repacks/actualizers from the internet, unless you're ready for this sort of things happening all the time.

wkD3D9Wnd is a module made to make the game run in a window - exactly what are you experiencing; it's working as intended. As you might have guessed from its name, it only works with Direct3D 9 chosen.
It appears that whoever made said repack included wkD3D9Wnd into the "installation" but failed to configure it (or at least tell the user how does the included stuff works, or probably you just didn't understand him), so it was present in game's folder but never actually worked... until you enabled loading of WormKit modules AND set the renderer to Direct3D 9 (which I assume you did no more than two days ago), which matched its requirements.

To turn it off, open wkD3D9Wnd.ini and replace EnableModule=1 with EnableModule=0, or just remove wkD3D9Wnd.dll from game's folder. It does not affect hosting - "I tried to move out wkD3D9Wnd, but it made that I cant host." sounds like you did something wrong.

I had a similar problem with someone having wkPackets out of nowhere just a week ago.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2017, 03:12 PM »
The wkD3D9Wnd comes with the instalation

Sorry, I cannot help you. See here: http://worms2d.info/Arr

What to do?

Buy a legal version from Steam or GOG.
:-\ :-\ :-\ :o :o
Best and classic answer ever  8)  :-*

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 11:51 PM »
kingofthebongo> hi ppl. i just installed rubberworm and cant get into fullscreen since. any ideas how to fix that?
WTF-8`GS2> was the game windowed or fullscreen before you installed RubberWorm?
kingofthebongo> fullscreen
WTF-8`GS2> And now it's windowed even though you didn't want that?
kingofthebongo> now its not windowed either, its just small, in the upper left corner of the screen
kingofthebongo> i can see the desktop under it
WTF-8`GS2> well that's how windowed mode works in W:A, due to certain frontend quirks
WTF-8`GS2> Were you using any W:A actualizers?
kingofthebongo> uhm no.
kingofthebongo> 3.7.2.1
WTF-8`GS2> either way, look for files with "wkD3D9Wnd" in game's root directory, and remove them if there's any
kingofthebongo> i found a dll, an ini and a readme
kingofthebongo> ill just delete and try again

this reminds me of something
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2017, 05:26 AM »
CyberShadow made it clear.

If OP ever buys a legal version, he is welcome to open another topic.

Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.