Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:26 AM

Author Topic: Wormnet Misbehavior  (Read 837 times)

Offline Ytrojan

Wormnet Misbehavior
« on: June 26, 2019, 09:53 PM »

So I go onto Worms Armageddon, then I go onto Wormnet. I try to join a channel, only to get strange behavior.
-Small Wormnet/Main Menu
-Channel chat in MOTD Box
-Infinite Loading
-Having to go into Weapons just to do catch up with the server
-Worms Armageddon crashing if I DO manage to get into a game
I know HostingBuddy got fixed, but this behavior is (to quote Chyrosran22) HHHHHHHHHHIDEOUS! I hope this is fixed. I can't STAND the corrupted server, and many people don't either. If this isn't fixed soon, Worms Armageddon's servers WILL DIE! That's NOT what we want.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Kaleu

Re: Wormnet Misbehavior
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 04:38 PM »
This sounded very hysterical lol. Provide screenshots?
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 04:46 AM »
I tried to, but Worms Armageddon's frontend is a slog to record with OBS. I couldn't do it, so I tried HyperCam. Of course, that didn't do the trick. However, I WILL give you an error log.

As for the screenshot, Imagine Worms Armageddon put through Vinesauce's Corruptor.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 01:25 PM »
For screenshots, press Pause/Break and look in %install directory%\User\Capture. For videos, my ancient Fraps works with a Direct 3D renderer chosen in the game. Is your recording software compatible with the renderer you use? (Main Menu -> Options -> Advanced -> Graphics, usually Direct 3D 9 is best)

-Small Wormnet/Main Menu
Frontend has always been 640x480, it's bad but working as intended. Try SuperFrontendHD if it's an issue.

-Channel chat in MOTD Box
If I recall correctly since the times I had a very slow internet connection, that's what happens in the little timeframe when loading the channel you're trying to join. Bad but I can't imagine it to be a big problem.

For other points there's nothing specific I can say, though infinite loading explains the visibility of the issue above. Check firewalls, try with WormKit disabled, fiddle with other options, reinstall the game (backup WG.WGT in %install directory%\User\Teams to save teams and progress), blah blah...

I can't STAND the corrupted server, and many people don't either
If there's really "many people" experiencing the same, chances are there'd be more than one bug report.
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural