Forums
April 25, 2024, 06:19 AM

Author Topic: Worms Armageddon, Directx9 and OBS studio: Fatal Error  (Read 1895 times)

Offline spikespiegel

Worms Armageddon, Directx9 and OBS studio: Fatal Error
« on: June 02, 2020, 10:34 PM »
I'm getting a Fatal Error every time I use alt tab twice while playing and using OBS Studio do capture the game's screen.

WA caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
in module WA.exe at 0023:004044c3.
Exception parameters: 00000000 00000000
Version 3.7.2.1

Error occurred at 6/2/2020 18:59:00.
E:\games\Worms Armageddon\WA.exe [0031CC7B], run by User.
Operating system:  Windows 8 (6.2.9200).
4 processor(s), type 586.
71% memory in use.
2048 MBytes physical memory.
2048 MBytes physical memory free.
0 MBytes paging file.
0 MBytes paging file free.
2048 MBytes user address space.
1768 MBytes user address space free.
Read from location 00000000 caused an access violation.

Module 11
C:\ProgramData\obs-studio-hook\graphics-hook32.dll
Image Base: 0x602d0000  Image Size: 0x00050000
Checksum:   0x000407ce  Time Stamp: 0x5e8a1c8d
File Size:  198672      File Time:  6/2/2020 18:03:10
Version Information:
   Company:    OBS Project
   Product:    OBS Graphics Hook
   FileDesc:   OBS Graphics Hook
   FileVer:    1.1.4.0
   ProdVer:    0.0.0.0

I suspect it's because of "graphics-hook32.dll", but I have no idea on how to fix this.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 11:22 PM by spikespiegel »

Offline StepS

Re: Worms Armageddon, Directx9 and OBS studio: Fatal Error
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 02:39 PM »
Wait until 3.8.
Dec 30 2013 23:59:44 <StepS> windowed mode isn't the only thing you need about frontend
Dec 30 2013 23:59:49 <StepS> you need it to be actually bigger
Dec 31 2013 00:00:13 <StepS> it actually is very small on my 15-inch full HD screen
Dec 31 2013 00:00:25 <StepS> while running at 640x480 or stretched mode makes it fuzzy
Dec 31 2013 00:00:44 <StepS> this problem has been around since the Worms Armageddon's release and no one has even tried to beat it
[...]

Offline Sensei

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 05:14 PM »
Game capture stopped working for me recently as well.
Display capture is the worst and you don't want that (cause it captures all of your alt+tabbing and monitor screen instead of only ingame). For this type of capture, you don't even need d3d9wnd.
Window capture is what you want to enable down there in sources. It works without trouble.

Let me know was it successful.

Note: if you try window capture without d3d9wnd module, it will only capture your screen during menus. When you enter the game, obs pic will stay freezed. Gl.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 05:16 PM by Sensei »

Offline spikespiegel

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 07:37 PM »
How long until version 3.8?

I use game capture. Same thing that I do to every game and it works in every game, but in worms there's this access violation problem.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2020, 02:19 AM »
I always use display capture, I personally find it better performance wise than game capture, I do game from a PC and stream on a laptop via a capture card though so I don't really need to alt tab or anything.

The problem I have with WA though, while streaming via OBS, it's just a blank screen until a game actually starts, everything in the menus says no signal found, but that doesn't bother me too much tbh I can just go to another scene in the meantime.

Of course I wouldn't complain if I knew why or could fix it but I honestly don't play WA enough to worry about it anyway.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2020, 05:49 AM »
I use game capture. Same thing that I do to every game and it works in every game, but in worms there's this access violation problem.

Have you tried what I told you?

Offline spikespiegel

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2020, 06:55 AM »

Not interested. But thx. I already knew that it's possible to capture the entire screen and that's the method I used to use when I was still learning how to use OBS, but today I need my stuff to stay anonymous while broadcasting to the entire world.

Offline Senator

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2020, 07:42 AM »
Not interested. But thx. I already knew that it's possible to capture the entire screen and that's the method I used to use when I was still learning how to use OBS, but today I need my stuff to stay anonymous while broadcasting to the entire world.

He meant window capture. It doesn't capture the entire screen. For that you need to run WA in windowed mode using D3D9Wnd module.

Offline spikespiegel

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2020, 06:48 AM »

He meant window capture. It doesn't capture the entire screen. For that you need to run WA in windowed mode using D3D9Wnd module.

I get it now.  Just tried it and it worked. So far so good, although I still have to using Control + T twice to unpin the mouse. But now the window is too small. Is there any way to set a custom size without use SuperFrontend?

Offline spikespiegel

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2020, 07:08 AM »
Alright, I'm supposed to use "wkLobbyCmd.dll", but I don't know how to use the command. I'm inside CMD window and it's not working.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 04:48 PM by spikespiegel »

Offline Senator

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2020, 08:36 AM »
But now the window is too small. Is there any way to set a custom size without use SuperFrontend?

Game menus have 640x480 resolution and you can't change that without SuperFrontendHD. You can stretch the 640x480 resolution to fullscreen by enabling 'Stretch' in D3D9Wnd module's frontendsettings. If you enable 'Fullscreen', it will stretch to fullscreen while keeping the 4:3 aspect ratio (so you will have black bars).

Alright, I'm supposed to use "wkLobbyCmd.dll", but I know how to use the command. I'm inside CMD window and it's not working.

LobbyCmd only changes the in-game resolution. You can use it while in game lobby by typing /setres widthxheight.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 08:49 AM by Senator »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2020, 12:51 PM »

You may wanna read answers after seeking for help.. :)
Thx Senator for pointing him out. Gl with streaming siegel.

Offline spikespiegel

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2020, 04:49 PM »

You may wanna read answers after seeking for help.. :)
Thx Senator for pointing him out. Gl with streaming siegel.

But I'm reading all the answers.