Forums
April 25, 2024, 10:25 PM

Author Topic: [Allround PO system (advantageous for ropers)? + Suggestion  (Read 6810 times)

Offline Kaleu

Re: [Allround PO system (advantageous for ropers)? + Suggestion
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2021, 01:19 AM »
The schemes are NOT simply marked "rope" and "default". They wear those tags because they belong to those leagues. That means we already have a separate "default" league and a separate "rope" league which means we have separate playoffs for each. We don't run their playoffs because we don't reach enough activity for each of them. If we had enough activity, we would have 3 playoffs each season.

That being said, I don't think multiple playoffs work anymore. There should be only one.

1 BnG match
1 Aerial match
1 Hysteria match
1 Rope match (scheme chosen by the best positioned in the rope league)
1 Elite match
1 Intermediate match
1 Team17 match

That's your point of view and it's obviously subjective. A roper player could easily count Intermediate and Elite as similar schemes the same way you see TTRR and Roper as similar schemes.

I must have missed when tus had multiple playoffs then, never heard it was a thing.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2021, 05:32 PM »
i just want to say i think POs are advantageous to ropers just as much as POs are advantageous to default players.

Whoever picks first has a bigger advantage. Senator has informed me that the rule I said about where you could force a shopper pick to max out 3 rope pick no longer exists. Therefore the system is more advantageous to whoever has first pick, that could be a more rope based player, or a default based player.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2022, 12:13 PM »

Would we ever go back to the old PO rules that I mentioned? This would give a bit more advantage to non ropers who are not seeded higher than their opponent because they could pick shopper and max out the rope based schemes :)

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2022, 01:10 PM »
Well no but we'll have scheme categories and each player can pick one scheme per category in the POs.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.