Forums
April 23, 2024, 12:28 PM

Author Topic: 10 cheating  (Read 15170 times)

Offline franz

Re: 10 cheating
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2012, 02:13 AM »
nice informative posts lex, cybershadow. only person that comes to my mind is that guy who posted on Team17 forums and TUS forums trying to show off his coding skills, but he either got banned or left.  he wasn't exactly the most pleasant person, and that's putting it lightly.

Offline Lex

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2012, 05:44 AM »
Dcrew left.

Offline harpy

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2012, 07:22 AM »

is there any way in the next version of WA - At the beginning of the game to announce the version that is downloaded from the TUS - and is the best possible x: be allowed, it only uses the lastes V.¬¬ as an official of the players TUS, this can be the rule

I am not competent but they can go with a patch that can not break

Offline Lex

« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2012, 09:36 AM »
Harpy, your post doesn't make much sense in English, but it sounds like you're suggesting a feature that already exists.  When everyone's bulb is lit, the game announces the version of the engine which will be used.  At the time of this post, if everyone is using the latest version, the version number announced will be "3.6.31.0".  If anyone is using an earlier version, the game will announce what old version will be emulated and who has that version.

With some small exceptions (such as Silkworm), the cheats discussed in this thread are relevant to the latest version of WA, 3.6.31.0.  For now, the best thing we can do about cheating as a community is inform each other about what's possible and how to detect how and why it's happening so we can avoid or prevent it.

Regarding Silkworm, it can only be used with version 3.0 of WA.  If your game says it's emulating version 3.0, the person with 3.0 is either using Silkworm or doesn't know about the updates.  It would be wise to refuse to play with them until they update their game.

Offline Nullum

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2012, 11:38 AM »
If CyberShadow and Deadcode can´t close this loophole or what it called, then I suggest we disable wormkit in next update.
I'd like to stress out what Lex has already said - WormKit is not the problem. If WormKit didn't exist, someone else could easily write their own WormKit-like program, or just create cheats in the form of .exe files (as opposed to wk*.dll files) which included WormKit's functionality. Blocking WormKit-like software is impossible, short of going the GameGuard-like rootkit-spyware route.

I know that change in wa.exe file is strictly forbidden, but not by additions of a wormkit module like wkRubberWorm or PX. In this way provide an easy shortcut to the other players to create a cheat module like wkChetPack.dll. And in this way is also easier to distribute to all other players in WA, since most user an wormkit.exe file. But if they distribute only one cheating by wa.exe file will probably most players say no thanks.

MI has spent much time to making TUS site, and now, there is approx. 50-75% cheaters, (If i've MI I will be "PISS OFF"), because most players use wormkit and I would say that wormkit have some part of this responsibility. I figured it out, you would not remove or disable wormkit.exe in the next update, which is very bad.

I wish Team17 can go in and find this solution, but I think that they have abandoned Worms Armageddon.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2012, 11:57 AM »
50-75% cheaters

CMMOn, i dont belive then thats much peoples use cheats.

Offline Peja

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2012, 02:45 PM »
If CyberShadow and

MI has spent much time to making TUS site, and now, there is approx. 50-75% cheaters, (If i've MI I will be "PISS OFF"),

u played 1 tus game in your life, how can you know 75 % of all players are cheating? are some kind of god or visionary? its funny when people throw in numbers just without any proof or although any explanation how they get to the numbers.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:10 PM by MonkeyIsland »

Offline Nullum

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2012, 04:54 PM »
If CyberShadow and

MI has spent much time to making TUS site, and now, there is approx. 50-75% cheaters, (If i've MI I will be "PISS OFF"),

u played 1 tus game in your life, (I played couple TUS games not 1) how can you know 75 % of all players are cheating? are some kind of god or visionary? its funny when people throw in numbers just without any proof or although any explanation how they get to the numbers.

:-\ approx. 50-75% cheaters = many  :-\

It not the point, who many cheaters is here, point is what is solution on it. I know many who use cheat but I won't mention names here, just look how many wk files I got from players and look date on file, then you can imagine how widespread it is...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:11 PM by MonkeyIsland »

Offline Guaton

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2012, 05:22 PM »
If CyberShadow and

u played 1 tus game in your life, (I played couple TUS games not 1) how can you know 75 % of all players are cheating? are some kind of god or visionary? its funny when people throw in numbers just without any proof or although any explanation how they get to the numbers.

:-\ approx. 50-75% cheaters = many  :-\

It not the point, who many cheaters is here, point is what is solution on it. I know many who use cheat but I won't mention names here, just look how many wk files I got from players and look date on file, then you can imagine how widespread it is...

blah blah blah , pure blah blah

if u rly wanna help to make this site better,  send to MI a list with ur cheater list (NAME and the proofs ofc)  instead of opening such a thread and keep giving random percentages
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 06:11 PM by MonkeyIsland »

Offline Nullum

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2012, 05:22 PM »
 :-\ - I have made some Investigation and get information from some other players. They want to be anonymously - :-\

>:( - Cheat - >:(
01. wkShopperDoubleSpace.dll = Doublespace used in TTRR
02. Silkworm = Doublespace with timing
06. Autohotkey = Macro scripts
08. wkCheatPack.dll = can see invisible worms,
                               can see opponent's weapons,
                               can read private messages,
                               can see weapon and mine fusetimes.
09. wkKawooshKickNoMsg.dll = Kick player during the game without green msg.

:D - Funny stuff - :D
03. UWT = Doublespace, but taps is so fast you even can´t control it
04. xSpeed = Tool to speed up or speed down
05. Tool Assisted = You can controled every steps on worms
07. wkAutoKeys.dll = Doublespace, but taps is so fast you even can´t control it
10. wkLobbyCheating31.dll = Force light on
And ofcuz RubberWorm31.dll

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2012, 05:40 PM »
every time a witch hunt happens some list is kept in secrecy... come on.. tell us names... WE WANT THE LIST! WE WANT THE LIST! WE ARE ALL EQUALS HERE, WE ALL DESERVE TO KNOW!!
  <-- my brain when I clan with avi

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2012, 06:50 PM »
Nullum is right by the way, I feel there is a vast amount of players abusing this.

Now that i've read the list, so many occasions where i've suddenly dropped become clear, especially in Hysteria/Elite clanners so opponents get 1st turn...

Offline harpy

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2012, 07:12 PM »

lol n investigation I always wondered how they do it allLLл

Offline nino

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2012, 07:35 PM »
:-\ - I have made some Investigation and get information from some other players. They want to be anonymously - :-\

>:( - Cheat - >:(
02. Silkworm = Doublespace with timing
06. Autohotkey = Macro scripts
08. wkCheatPack.dll = can see invisible worms,
                               can see opponent's weapons,
                               can read private messages,
                               can see weapon and mine fusetimes.
09. wkKawooshKickNoMsg.dll = Kick player during the game without green msg.

:D - Funny stuff - :D
03. UWT = Doublespace, but taps is so fast you even can´t control it
04. xSpeed = Tool to speed up or speed down
05. Tool Assisted = You can controled every steps on worms
07. wkAutoKeys.dll = Doublespace, but taps is so fast you even can´t control it
10. wkLobbyCheating31.dll = Force light on
And ofcuz RubberWorm31.dll

You Are Losing Time Reading my Signature.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2012, 11:26 PM »
Nullum you need to stop posting in this thread. I know you're the OP, but that fact, and the fact that this thread is now relevant is only a coincidence, so please don't keep on getting hyped up, you're spreading a lot of BS.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.