Forums
March 28, 2024, 02:42 PM

Author Topic: 2v2 matchmaker for TUS/TEL/Free  (Read 4223 times)

Offline Senator

2v2 matchmaker for TUS/TEL/Free
« on: July 07, 2014, 12:24 PM »
Thanks to Tomi we have now a tool for searching TUS/TEL/Free 2vs2 games (singles league):

http://abl-wa.com/2v2/matchmaker

1. Log in with your TUS account
2. - Select league(s)
    - Enter your friend's nick or let matchmaker find you a partner. The matchmaker will make balanced teams using
      TUS points, except if you set a partner.*       
3. After a match is found, meet the other players on AG and start playing. You can't search a new match for 10 mins.

The website shows how many players are searching currently. You will get notified when a match is found so you can leave it searching on the background.

All the matches are saved on the website, you can see them under Recent games tab.

If we notice some players refuse to play their matches frequently, they will be banned from using the matchmaker.

* There can be three different kinds of matches:
 - Two lone players vs two lone players (balanced teams based on TUS/TEL/Free points)
 - Two partners vs two lone players (not balanced)
 - Two partners vs two partners (not balanced)

We've already played some TUS/TEL games using the matchmaker. Hopefully more people will start to use it!

Offline GreatProfe

Re: 2v2 matchmaker for TUS/TEL/Free
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 01:42 PM »
There's another important point:

- When You ask for a 2v2 match, You must stay in the page until the matchmaker find the opponents. The load bar gonna work meanwhile.

Offline Hussar

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 01:56 PM »
mby it would be better if this addon was here in tus ?

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 04:58 PM »
Or maybe just clanners like before  !

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 01:39 AM »
yes, in the mainpage!!!11

and add possibility to look for clanner via matchmaker

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 04:14 AM »
I did a bot some times ago that would do the same but in wn.
Still have the code somewhere. I had a much bigger project but for that I need to wait for CS to release a skeleton of HB :)

Offline Senator

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 03:08 PM »

It's up to MI.

For now we could have a link on TUS frontpage (user menu?) or even better, the matchmaker website embedded into TUS frontpage as a small window. People could then see via TUS sites how many players are searching and use the matchmaker as well.

Or maybe just clanners like before  !

1v1+2v2+clanners means more games overall than 1v1+clanners. If more 2v2 singles games is played than before with the help of this tool, then it has got the job done.

and add possibility to look for clanner via matchmaker

I don't think we really need that for clanners or 1v1. You can already set snooper to play a sound when somebody writes "clanner" on AG. Besides, it would mean less action on AG.

For 2v2 singles, on the other hand, this tool is useful because it makes teams out of single players so you don't need a partner to play 2v2.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:32 PM by Senator »

Offline Senator

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 06:29 PM »
This kind of link would be cool to have on TUS site :P

MI or DarkOne?? Even just a link would be a big help since not all read this forum or remember the url.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 08:20 PM by Senator »

Offline Bran

• Italy Italy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 01:54 PM »
Brilliant! Will try it asap

Offline Senator

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2014, 09:41 PM »
Some statistics so far:
- 34 matches in 30 days (15 classic & 19 tel)
- 30 users

Ok numbers but the problem is people visit the site only when someone spams "2vs2 tus any1? URL" on AG (usually me, Tomi or Chelsea). I think no match would have been played without some of us organizing it.

One solution would be to show on TUS sites how many players are searching currently (iframe of the site). People use to hang out on TUS sites so they might notice there is players searching and join the queue. Then this wouldn't require spamming on AG but just a silent initiative by the first player entering the queue. Maybe MI will do this at some point, I don't know.

Any other ideas about how to develop this system? One question is whether it's better to balance teams based on classic overall or roper overall points (for Classic league matches). Using classic overall points can now mean teams like defaulters vs ropers.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 07:49 AM by Senator »

Online Chelsea

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2014, 10:14 PM »
It's funny, but i'm allways with same players  :-X (Senator, Lales) Once Dibz, once Leonidas, once Vado, once MarianRV, once Tomi, once Bran.
If more players play that so could be better :D 

Offline Joschi

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2014, 07:28 AM »
+1 for Senators idea.

I like the idea of the site.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 05:54 PM »
Some statistics so far:
- 34 matches in 30 days (15 classic & 19 tel)
- 30 users

Ok numbers but the problem is people visit the site only when someone spams "2vs2 tus any1? URL" on AG (usually me, Tomi or Chelsea). I think no match would have been played without some of us organizing it.

One solution would be to show on TUS sites how many players are searching currently (iframe of the site). People use to hang out on TUS sites so they might notice there is players searching and join the queue. Then this wouldn't require spamming on AG but just a silent initiative by the first player entering the queue. Maybe MI will do this at some point, I don't know.

Any other ideas about how to develop this system? One question is whether it's better to balance teams based on classic overall or roper overall points (for Classic league matches). Using classic overall points can now mean teams like defaulters vs ropers.

I think a game per day is more than good for what you're trying to do here.

There's barely a post every odd hour in the forum I'm not sure how you expect 4 people to use that site at any given time by themselves.

The demand is what it is.
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Senator

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2014, 04:11 PM »
One game/day is fine but it could happen without me. Because the system is on separate website people don't notice you are searching unless you make some noise at AG, and only few bother to spam.

There's always ~10 users online at TUS so I think that iframe thing would help. Another way would be a bot that does the spamming for you automatically.