Forums > TUS Discussion

Anti-lock in BnG

<< < (10/15) > >>

Senator:
I disabled the auto re-aim feature in the official scheme file for now. If the feature gets more support, we can perhaps enable it again.

Thanks Komo for bringing this up. :)

TheKomodo:
*Fingers crossed we get that thing we were talking about*

Now just need to join a clan and miraculously make those active again.  :D

Kaleu:

--- Quote from: Senator on September 20, 2020, 09:12 AM ---I disabled the auto re-aim feature in the official scheme file for now. If the feature gets more support, we can perhaps enable it again.

Thanks Komo for bringing this up. :)

--- End quote ---

Can you fix the scheme downloads when downloading the bundle of classic schemes? Especifically the Team17 scheme, right now it's downloading some other version.

Senator:

--- Quote from: Kaleu on September 20, 2020, 09:33 PM ---Can you fix the scheme downloads when downloading the bundle of classic schemes? Especifically the Team17 scheme, right now it's downloading some other version.

--- End quote ---

It's fixed now by MI.

Xrayez:
TL;DR: The anti-lock aim doesn't give advantage to notchers per se. Instead, this may be seen as disadvantage to non-notchers, yet this disadvantage is very subjective.

The anti-lock aim feature was introduced in W:A 3.8, around the time when this thread was opened. However, the notion of the scheme rule (enforced by players) is different from the scheme feature/option (enforced by the game), and this distinction is not clear in the OP.

The conclusion by the OP that "implementing this rule gives players who use notching to aim a HUGE advantage" is misleading and exaggerated. I don't see how this option can give advantage to notchers, because they can notch anyway, they can always go back to 90 degrees, with or without this option.

However, the addition of this option may be interpreted as giving disadvantage to non-notchers, but this disadvantage is very subjective. If you use visual aids, then restoring the aim is not difficult even with this option enabled. Moreover, my personal opinion is that those people who rely mostly on intuition won't even bother with having this option enabled, especially when this alleviates or even removes the need for the re-aim rule.

The misleading assumption and conclusion made this thread quite convoluted to follow, and due to this, it's likely that people in this thread weren't on the same page to begin with. These are important distinctions to take in mind when deciding whether to add this option to the scheme. Taking this into account, I don't see any substantial reason not to add this option to the BnG scheme, especially when some moderators and admins already felt like this is a no-brainer decision, so this explains the reason why they felt like this doesn't even deserve a discussion. I support having an open discussion in either case, mind you.

Not that this would change anything anyways, but I felt like I had to make this clear. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version