Forums
April 19, 2024, 12:25 PM

Poll

Would you like to see ZaR instead of Roper in TUS Classic?

Yes
No
Happy with either
Don't care

Author Topic: Change Roper scheme to ZaR?  (Read 4417 times)

Offline TheKomodo

Change Roper scheme to ZaR?
« on: October 10, 2018, 12:58 PM »
Don't talk, just vote!

Offline Kradie

Re: Change Roper scheme to ZaR?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 02:15 PM »
Make sure to view this zar tus games here
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-223613/
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/game-223600/

You can void the games if you like, but it is an example of how a tus game can look like with zar in it.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 02:53 AM by Kradie »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 02:51 PM »
It's not a great idea, roper is still the better competitive scheme by far, remove mines and I'd  be more amenable to this change.  ZaR just injects more luck into a scheme that has had no less than 5 10+ page threads dedicated to why rope is a luck scheme and what changes could be made to it.  ZaR can also already be played and reported as a roper if both players agree, I played one a few weeks ago.

No to replacing it, its senseless, except to stroke Kradie's ego.

Stop your reign of terror before it is too late Kradie.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2018, 03:31 PM »
It's not a great idea, roper is still the better competitive scheme by far, remove mines and I'd  be more amenable to this change.  ZaR just injects more luck into a scheme that has had no less than 5 10+ page threads dedicated to why rope is a luck scheme and what changes could be made to it.  ZaR can also already be played and reported as a roper if both players agree, I played one a few weeks ago.

I would argue that that's not a bad thing. Yes there's slightly more of a luck factor to ZaR but the best player will still win more often. They just won't win every single game comfortably. It's more fun like this imo, the league will be more open and thus encourage more games.

That w2 roper ladder that started a couple of years ago had a certain burst of popularity, because it was more interesting than one-sided tus leagues. I think ZaR could do the same. It's better than seeing someone beat the same player 10 or 20 times in a row...  ::)

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2018, 05:39 PM »
I said don't talk, JUST VOTE!

What part of that don't you understand?

Let the vote do the talking please!

@MonkeyIsland - Could you remove all the comments in this thread please? And make it possible only to vote, not possible to reply, thanks!

Offline lalo

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2018, 06:31 PM »
Hey guys, Komo said NO TALK! No opinions, no arguments, no speeches until Komo gives his approval, ok?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2018, 06:33 PM »
Haha, come on, these votes are really not legitimate. Spleen and kradie will get dozens of ppl to click on yes, and most of regular roper players will not even participate.

I made a poll for that Wild league that started as a drunk joke, after 2 days we've had 15+ YES votes, cause Godmax promoted it in #ag.

Just remove these polls, MI. If they ever did anything useful, they don't anymore.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2018, 07:09 PM »
OP not even in ZaR smh

that scheme is too hard to be mastered properly, regular Roper is hard enough

Offline Kradie

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2018, 07:58 PM »
Haha, come on, these votes are really not legitimate. Spleen and kradie will get dozens of ppl to click on yes, and most of regular roper players will not even participate.

I made a poll for that Wild league that started as a drunk joke, after 2 days we've had 15+ YES votes, cause Godmax promoted it in #ag.

Just remove these polls, MI. If they ever did anything useful, they don't anymore.

It is true that I Kradie, will ask fans of ZaR and some of its members to give their vote. I do not go seek random people and have them give their vote to something they have no affiliation in. I believe that those that plays Worms and ZaR, and partake in the league, should have their voice heard. I don't think it is fair that bystanders cam vote and cast their voice in something they do not partake.You could say that they have experience, sure, but they don't recognize and see WA as it is from us regular participants of the game itself.  So the poll itself, could be but not necessary be inaccurate due to bystanders.

A poll in this matter could be an indicator for many things and therefor should not be silenced.

OP not even in ZaR smh

that scheme is too hard to be mastered properly, regular Roper is hard enough
A person do not need to be a member of anything, perhaps Komodo is only interested in results. There is no harm in that.

Roper vs ZaR difficulty, this is entirely subjective. But I do agree, ZaR is more punishing to player mistakes.
Then again, Roper & ZaR is not the hardest rope based scheme in the league, is it? So I think your assessment there is somewhat wrong.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2018, 08:29 PM »
For once, just shut up, and let the voting do the talking.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2018, 08:54 PM »

Offline MarianRV

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2018, 10:11 PM »

Offline Vicenzo

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2018, 10:44 PM »
WILD LEAGUE FTW.  f@#! ZAR f@#! ROPER
WHO THE f@#! IS PAPICH?!

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2018, 11:12 PM »
Nothing personal against Kradie & others- I like ZaR, but I voted no. Roper is more accessible to new players. Why would we pick an exclusive scheme when we only aim to have 3-4 schemes?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 12:30 AM »
Nothing personal against Kradie & others- I like ZaR, but I voted no. Roper is more accessible to new players. Why would we pick an exclusive scheme when we only aim to have 3-4 schemes?

There are no exclusive schemes here Joe. To my understanding, Komodo wants to know if people would like traditional Roper to be replaced with ZaR.

Roper is more accessible? Correct me if I am wrong, are you saying that newer player requires more experience to play ZaR? Then I would like to add that; Big RR is more accessible than TTRR, and that TTRR should be removed from the league. Why? Because whenever I host a TTRR, people often comment that the maps are too small, that they way to tight, and that they are used to play on bigger maps. Sure you could argue ''Play on bigger maps'', I would say... No. TTRR shouldn't necessarily look like Big RR maps. So in big RR, it is easier to play, to navigate, you're not under constant pressure of having the best time, because we all know the pressure in TTRR, especially against an experienced player. So no, TTRR is NOT accessible for beginners. So we should totally have separate league for beginners, mole, shopper and normal.

Thanks for voting though :)