Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:36 PM

Poll

Would you like to see ZaR instead of Roper in TUS Classic?

Yes
No
Happy with either
Don't care

Author Topic: Change Roper scheme to ZaR?  (Read 4361 times)

Offline Mega`Adnan

Re: Change Roper scheme to ZaR?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 08:28 AM »
Jeez, you guys always suggest hard and old schemes that no one on Wormnet cares about. Please add new schemes and those old schemes that are still popular this day, just put schemes for guys who don't play league games and just play WA for fun. They might get interested.
And yet, you guys still talk about old rope and classic rules using same schemes (some of it been added and removed over time) revolving them over and over again, which very less of us cares. Don't make the league suitable for yourselves, make the league suitable for everyone, and probably there will be chance of increasing a little activity.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 08:31 AM by Mega`Adnan »

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 01:42 PM »
are you saying that newer player requires more experience to play ZaR?
yes

also, this sums up this drama pretty well
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 02:01 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline KinslayeR

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 02:18 PM »
I actually dont care coz league is dead, but roper is roper, where is point to change it to zar?  yes I like play zar sometimes coz it is funny, but orginal roper is more fair and need more skill, it should stay in league and never should be replaced. 

Offline spleen17

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2018, 03:55 PM »
No one is saying that ZaR is more fair than roper. But it is more enjoyable for the weaker player, which encourages more games and a league that is not completely dominated by the top 3 or 4.

The better player will still win more often. But a series of games will be more likely to be 8-2 or 6-1 than 2-0 or 3-0 when it's a better player vs a weaker player.

Could at least be worth trying for a TRL season or something.

Offline Asbest

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2018, 06:27 PM »
Roper is Roper, no need ZaR or other bullshit.

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 06:40 PM »
How about we have ourselves a ZaR TRL season?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2018, 03:41 PM »
XanKriegor. that's a good idea, we could do that. it is not like ZaR will ruin it if it was replaced with roper. So why so persistent? There is nothing to lose. Some claims it is luck while I personally say no. Even if it is luck, it isn't a bad thing. That's what makes it fun & addicting. Besides, ZaR would play like Intermediate bo3, with 1 worm, and 2 worms in CaveZaR as final.
I've had impossible crates appearing in regular ropers, but in ZaR they wouldn't had been that hard due to destructible terrain. So in other words, destructible terrain would compensate for some of the ''supposedly'' hard crates.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2018, 04:50 PM »
Not sure if this will ring with anyone, but here goes.

XanKriegor. that's a good idea, we could do that.

I have to point out, spleen17 said it 1st  ;) :P

Some claims it is luck while I personally say no. Even if it is luck, it isn't a bad thing. That's what makes it fun & addicting.

There are actually quite a few people, one of which being HHC, who has previously said the luck factor is one of the reasons they enjoy schemes and we shouldn't remove luck entirely from schemes, to what degree he means that, i'm not sure though.

Honestly, it's over 19 years now, i've been playing Roper for almost 19 years! Can we please just change it to something new and fresh, ZaR is by far the best alternative to Roper, please do not fear change.

We could change Roper to ZaR, and anybody who still wishes to play the Classic Roper scheme, could still do so, and report it as ZaR, but having the newer, fresher scheme being advertised as the main scheme, could be important to drawing in new players, especially with how fast these games can be finished, i'd honestly like to see all the schemes replaced.

Aerial / Big RR / ZaR / Intermediate

Possibly add MoleShopper.

Those seem to be the most popular schemes right now, we've had so many years with the other schemes, it would be nice to see our community come together, support something new and fresh, at least try and make it work, if it doesn't after some time we can swap right back if you want...

Offline Sensei

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2018, 05:15 PM »
You guys are out of your mind if you think newcomers will rather play zar roper (1 weapon, no chute, less time, instant mines) than regular one that's been around for 20 yrs. I mean, new guys will never play either of these schemes, but thinking zar is newcomer friendly is just being delusional.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2018, 05:42 PM »
You guys are out of your mind if you think newcomers will rather play zar roper (1 weapon, no chute, less time, instant mines) than regular one that's been around for 20 yrs. I mean, new guys will never play either of these schemes, but thinking zar is newcomer friendly is just being delusional.

Do you speak for newcomers? Do you know what everybody wants? I am 100% confident, you do not speak for every other human being that has played WA, and also, I strongly believe you are not psychic.

Let's take a look at the definition of "delusional":

"characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder."

ZaR is no more difficult to learn than Roper, in fact you have less weapons to learn how to use, not that it's hard to learn anything in WA anyway, it's pretty straight forward really.

Every scheme simply takes practise, you hit spacebar to attach and release rope, you use arrows to move around, you use F keys to select weapons, you use enter to fire weapons on rope.

That is SO simple, that literally a child under 10 years old can do it, and actually there have been young children in the past who HAVE done it!

THAT is the reality, there is no rational arguement that contradicts it, so it is NOT delusional.

The simple fact is, you, and some others, conveniently enough strong all-rounders or people who have been around for a while and have built up a certain level of respect from the community, don't like ZaR, this community suffers from oldschool syndrome, we fear change, we spent many years loving a few schemes, and refuse to change.

When I ask people why they aren't interested in TUS, they usually just say it's boring, it isn't what they want, and the players are elitists and rude. This, is the reality.

Personally, I feel like ZaR has a certain level of fast paced fun that Roper doesn't offer, the games are quick, you get punished for roping carelessly so people will learn to rope more efficiently, fall damage is insane, avoiding mines at times takes a high level of precision, all in all I am starting to believe it's a better scheme, and you cannot say I do not have enough experience to say so because i've dominated Roper every time I wanted to(along with a few other players) and have a lot of experience with the ninja rope in general.

Prove me wrong if you can, but don't start insulting me for no reason because you don't like what I am saying, I have not insulted you, i've kept my post clean and used experience and a few facts, so I expect you to do the same please :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 05:45 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2018, 07:12 PM »

I have to point out, spleen17 said it 1st  ;) :P

True.

Before i met ZaR, i thought Roper is difficult and boring scheme  :D Destructable terrain is really helping to get to the crates that were hard to reach earlier in the game. Tommorow i am going to approach MI with the TRL idea, if he wont see it befote that.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2018, 09:22 PM »
Xan, or Kradie, host some ZaR Roper tournaments please :)

I would, but not a MOD anymore.

Offline spleen17

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2018, 09:54 PM »

Sorry but you are wrong on this.

I understand people feeling attached to the scheme that has been around for a long time, but let
me ask you this - when was the last time you saw anyone host a Roper funner?

Lots more ZaR games are hosted every day, and I’ve played with plenty of casual players who, despite having some basic rope skill, have not played much roper but enjoy ZaR due to its fast pace and action, and the fact that they never feel completely out of the game even when up against a better player.

Offline lalo

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2018, 11:33 PM »
But... but nope is already winning...

It's funny to see people who were never competitive players trying to push zar so hard. What's next? Godmax scheme?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2018, 11:50 PM »
But... but nope is already winning...

It's funny to see people who were never competitive players trying to push zar so hard. What's next? Godmax scheme?

It's funny to see why these so called competitive players fears a more difficult scheme than what they are used to.

If there is nothing to be afraid of, then accept it and play it like a man. ZaR doesn't hold your hand.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB