Forums
March 29, 2024, 07:16 AM

Poll

Would you like to see ZaR instead of Roper in TUS Classic?

Yes
No
Happy with either
Don't care

Author Topic: Change Roper scheme to ZaR?  (Read 4364 times)

Offline lalo

Re: Change Roper scheme to ZaR?
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2018, 12:01 AM »
Wow so macho! Do you get hard when you play zar?

Offline Kradie

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2018, 12:04 AM »

Yep, me and 34 others.  8) And that's a rule.  ;)
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2018, 01:08 AM »
It's funny to see people who were never competitive players trying to push zar so hard. What's next? Godmax scheme?

Nobody here is not competitive though.

XanKriegor, spleen17 and Kradie have all played Clanners, Xan & spleen have played other schemes such as Darts competitively in dS Tours etc, Kradie plays ZaR religiously and takes it seriously, aka, plays competitively, Mega`Adnan has took part in Darts Tournaments/dS Tours, Hysteria Cups/Tournaments, pretty much every Cup and Tournament there has been all schemes, I don't know about TheMadCharles, I don't know him very well, they just don't play TUS Singles often I think... I wonder why? Is it perhaps because they find the scheme selection on TUS Classic boring?

Compare the amount of people presently who enjoy TUS Classic schemes, maybe except Hysteria and Intermediate to the people who enjoy other schemes right now, I think TUS Classic schemes will lose. I don't mean on TUS forums, I mean every single person that plays Worms Armageddon online.

I honestly feel like we are losing out on a huge player base because of outdated schemes, and more importantly an outdated League system that Anubis suggested.

Make fun of me today, nobody cares about it by tomorrow, but make a change to Worms Armageddon/TUS NOW, and it could last for many years.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 01:19 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline Senator

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2018, 10:49 AM »
Roper > W2 Roper > ZaR Roper

I wouldn't worry about the skill gap in Roper. In TTRR and WxW (hard map) it's much more apparent.

Who else besides Kradie and spleen17 hosts ZaR Ropers? The fact some newcomers join your hosts and enjoy ZaR doesn't mean they don't enjoy regular Roper...
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 10:51 AM by Senator »

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2018, 11:19 AM »

Wanna know something even more macho? Bungee race.
I can beat you in it very easily, no problemo! ;)

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2018, 04:20 PM »
@Senator - I've hosted ZaR in the past, at certain points in time i've been one of the most obsessive, successful and dedicated Ropers of all time.

I've also saw dibs hooked on ZaR for a while.

You know what's fascinating to me, in general, humans hate change, they love to remain in their comfort zone, they find a routine and they stick to it, anything outside of that, regardless if other people like it or not, makes them feel uncomfortable and/or angry and frustrated.

You are all addicted to the only schemes the league had to offer, outside of that, honestly what have you tried?

It's like old people saying new music sucks, it's like America telling China not to buy their weapons from Russia.

It's simple, PEOPLE ARE BORED of TUS Classic, why else don't they play anymore? Sure, people have families, jobs, commitments, but you know the simple truth about life? If something is interesting enough, or important enough, you will make time for it regardless of what else is happening in your life.

This League got boring, same people, same schemes, same challenges, same outcomes, same sh*t day after day after day...

You know what proves this? Money, people come out of the shadows they lurk in to compete whenever TUS League offers cash prizes, because JUST PLAYING the schemes for fun, isn't fun enough anymore! They have done it to death already, so the addition of money makes it exciting again! Let's face it, the time spent to win like $20, you could earn way more in a day with a real job, so all the money does, is introduce certain bragging rights, which adds the excitement.

You wanna know what I honestly think, people are ruining this League, because they refuse to change anything but also refuse to play, you argue against change even though you don't even play anyway, that's extremely stupid...

"OH, PLEASE DON'T CHANGE A LEAGUE I NEVER PLAY,  I DON'T LIKE IT, AND BECAUSE I DON'T LIKE IT SURELY MEANS NOBODY ELSE DOES"

And you all accuse me of having a massive ego lmao, please, the amount of hypocrites on these forums is crazy.

The only difference is, I just say it outright, you guys do everything you can to hide it because you are afraid people won't like you.

Edit - I know the post is long enough but think about this please without judging me as a person, and focusing ONLY on the words said.

Why did we get into the schemes we did in the 1st place? For some of us, who specialize in certain schemes it's because we are simply the kind of person that finds something simple and fun enough you get good at it fast, and doing things that impress other people make us feel good or because it's so popular, and our cultures in general are defined by success and popularity, which drives people being competitive in the 1st place!

Right now, TUS Classic schemes are not popular, look at the amount of people playing Worms Armageddon schemes that aren't used in Classic League.

I don't think that people want to compete in things where they have to play catch up for many years to compete with people who have been doing something for so long that the only chance they have is to practise literally for years...

What Anubis said hit me like a ton of bricks, the matchmaking system in this game is extremely old and outdated, even with everything i've said, even if we did change the schemes, I still think we would have a better chance of bringing popularity back into Leagues if we were able to convince DC/CS and Team17 to give us some sort of online automated service for playing games and having a rank that way.

As a newcomer to Worms Armageddon, in this day and age where everything else is so easy, having to register and manually report games on a website with a complex and confusing layout, can't exactly be very motivating can it?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 04:48 PM by TheKomodo »

Offline Rogi

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2018, 06:48 AM »
Вы ебанулись совсем?
Maybe Change Shopper to Walk for weapons?
WXW for WXW 25 sec with health cr8s ?
TTRR with not max power of rope (it was practic 500years ago)

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA

I like ZaR, it's f@#!ing funny to play when 0 host at AG and nobody wants play TTRR with me or something instead mole shopper, but im not FAN of this shit, and also last time i see stucks with 6 ppl in, and no1 motivated to do nice turns, just noob moves, after 5 min of the game map is destroying in MEAT and stupid shortcuts evrywhere, i need 10 sec for catch any place...
Why zook? try shot timing nade from middle of map in roper, lad mine from roof on the head

Go to hell all, Tnx MI for opening this GOLD season with my lovely classic schemes (which fixed while i was inactive and i even dont care(t17 water rise 100 metrs in sec wtf))
Tnx For this thread, i can bla blablabla too it's so cool :DDD
And I leave ZaR community coz it become FAP FAP FAP FZAR
But I VOTE yes for trl zar, why the f@#! not

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2018, 09:01 AM »
TRL always has been, and always will be better than TUS Classic in the sense that at least you play people dedicated to whatever scheme it is there :)

(Like, I mean people can't avoid certain schemes in TRL cuz it's only 1 lol.)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:09 AM by TheKomodo »

Offline Kradie

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2018, 09:22 AM »
Вы ебанулись совсем?
Maybe Change Shopper to Walk for weapons?
WXW for WXW 25 sec with health cr8s ?
TTRR with not max power of rope (it was practic 500years ago)

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA

BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA

I like ZaR, it's f@#!ing funny to play when 0 host at AG and nobody wants play TTRR with me or something instead mole shopper, but im not FAN of this shit, and also last time i see stucks with 6 ppl in, and no1 motivated to do nice turns, just noob moves, after 5 min of the game map is destroying in MEAT and stupid shortcuts evrywhere, i need 10 sec for catch any place...
Why zook? try shot timing nade from middle of map in roper, lad mine from roof on the head

Go to hell all, Tnx MI for opening this GOLD season with my lovely classic schemes (which fixed while i was inactive and i even dont care(t17 water rise 100 metrs in sec wtf))
Tnx For this thread, i can bla blablabla too it's so cool :DDD
And I leave ZaR community coz it become FAP FAP FAP FZAR
But I VOTE yes for trl zar, why the f@#! not

Brutally honest and no offense taken. There is actually a scheme called fap zar too XD

Anyhow, I do respect your honesty and I am not angry about it. In fact, there are a couple of members in ZaR that are against the idea of having ZaR in the main league. That's something I appreciate, an open dialog. I'm not going to strong arm anyone  to vote for something that I believe.

Komodo, there was a while back ago that you were somewhat against ZaR? Has something changed? Or perhaps nothing changed and I misinterpreted.

Offline erectionman4000

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2019, 08:58 AM »
hi, oldschool worms2 player (1999-2004) here. I'm amazed and think it's cool this game still gets played. I watched a few rope match files and the rule sets used now are lame as hell.

A few things

-2 worms is ESSENTIAL there's a lot of strategy you remove from the game without it

-12 second turns. 15 is an eternity. You need high pressure (low timer) and high punishment (high fall damage) to create tension

-The map cannot be indestructible. I watched matches where they take turns hiding in the same spot 10+ times.

-5 seconds retreat time. The extra long retreat time ensures you can get into the perfect hiding spot every single turn without risk. And because the maps are indestructible it is always there.

-Get rid of the rules. CBA and no crate blowing was talked about ever since I joined. But these rules were banned for a long period. It is another strategy to leave them. If you're worried people skip them, then make them more valuable (30H) easy

Also bummed the Jake Game rule set looks dead.

Other than that, have fun, one day I'll come whoop your asses

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2019, 05:46 PM »
hi, oldschool worms2 player (1999-2004) here. I'm amazed and think it's cool this game still gets played. I watched a few rope match files and the rule sets used now are lame as hell.

A few things

-2 worms is ESSENTIAL there's a lot of strategy you remove from the game without it

-12 second turns. 15 is an eternity. You need high pressure (low timer) and high punishment (high fall damage) to create tension

-The map cannot be indestructible. I watched matches where they take turns hiding in the same spot 10+ times.

-5 seconds retreat time. The extra long retreat time ensures you can get into the perfect hiding spot every single turn without risk. And because the maps are indestructible it is always there.

-Get rid of the rules. CBA and no crate blowing was talked about ever since I joined. But these rules were banned for a long period. It is another strategy to leave them. If you're worried people skip them, then make them more valuable (30H) easy

This is my favorite roper scheme.

Not so long time ago a bunch of ex-w2 players from Brazil created a scheme exactly like this to reproduce w2 roper, even the gravity is lighter (RubberWorm needed) and the rules are the same, they had 2 schemes version to be played with 1 or 2 worms. They runned a w2 league for some months, pretty active but no longer alive. I have the schemes and play from time to time.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Kradie

« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2019, 07:09 PM »

A few things

This is my favorite roper scheme.

Not so long time ago a bunch of ex-w2 players from Brazil created a scheme exactly like this to reproduce w2 roper, even the gravity is lighter (RubberWorm needed) and the rules are the same, they had 2 schemes version to be played with 1 or 2 worms. They runned a w2 league for some months, pretty active but no longer alive. I have the schemes and play from time to time.

The rules aren't the same. You must get health before attacking from rope, you can attack a mine from rope, so the instant mine can hit a player without you having to do crate before attack. Wall to wall (w2w) replaces crate before attack when sudden death is on. Zar only has zook and rope, so you must use that to your ability.

I played a couple of games with these Brazilians casually and competitive, including the administrator of the league. After my recollection, he fairly enjoyed Zar and there were no disrespect between the scheme versions.

Some says that I literally stole worms 2 roper from these Brazilians or from the past and made it my own. Then I ask the question, who is responsible for the roper? Big RR? It's basically the same! There's many versions out there, and Zar just happens to be the main roper version for casual play play at this day and age.

Well erectionman4000, I look forward to it.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2019, 11:13 PM »
erectionman4000, seems legit LOL

Offline Kradie

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2019, 04:27 PM »

Well I did not summon this entity. It must be a secret admirer of zar or me or both, tbh I dunno.

Offline erectionman4000

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2019, 11:19 PM »

I was a bonerboy but time stops for nobody