Forums
April 20, 2024, 10:18 AM

Poll

New modern & simplified design for TUS?

Yes, I would like to see TUS transform into a modern site. It can help activity to the site and the league.
5 (50%)
No, I am happy with how TUS is now. So matter what changes are made to it, it won't help generate activity.
5 (50%)
I don't play Worms Armageddon, so it doesn't matter to me. I am just happy there is a place for Wormers to gather.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: April 03, 2020, 05:46 PM

Author Topic: Could TUS need a modern design overhaul?  (Read 792 times)

Offline Kradie

Could TUS need a modern design overhaul?
« on: February 03, 2020, 05:46 PM »
Hi guys.

We have talked a bit about this before, but I am curious to see where you stand on it, and the future of TUS. Could a new look and feel for TUS help accumulate traffic and activity to its league? Or is it just better to leave it as it is?
In my opinion, I think something modern with a fresh design and easy to navigate could help stir up some buzz to TUS. As of now, a newbie's first encounter to this site might feel a bit overwhelming and cumbersome. Perhaps it wasn't an issue back in the days, but we have moved on drastically from those times, at least I have. I had issues myself navigating around this site to begin with, but I feel pretty much comfortable with how things work. Even so, I do not think it is how one should allow themselves to like a site. TUS is also badly designed for mobile phones too. Ok, hold it right there. I know what you might be thinking. That MonkeyIsland didn't do a good job. I am not saying that. I said it was designed for a different time, and now maybe it could be changed to something more accessible for newcomers. We all like to see new blood, right?

This poll is to see what you want to see TUS in the future. It is ultimately up to MonkeyIsland to decide if he wants to use his time and resources to carry out anything that might be decided here. So what do you think?

Hey Sensei :)
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Korydex

Re: Could TUS need a modern design overhaul?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 06:55 PM »
People have asked for changes like matchmaking system and stricter awarding system, but nothing was done. Now the ship has sailed imo.

Offline Kradie

Re: Could TUS need a modern design overhaul?
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 09:40 PM »
People have asked for changes like matchmaking system and stricter awarding system, but nothing was done. Now the ship has sailed imo.
They sure have. They asked for something and nothing ever happened. Does that mean TUS is a sinking ship? Perhaps ambition lacks. I am talking about a complete overhaul to appeal to modern audience, not was once was. The old crowd have pretty much faded out to obscurity. Everyone are ''WA is dead, but I have the right to say it''.
Perhaps TUS needs is a sister site, experimental one with basic features, feel and look, to appeal to new audience. This could work as test.

However, in the end it would mean it is about time, and especially money. Doing it for free I do not think MI or anyone else would do.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB