Forums
April 24, 2024, 05:36 PM

Author Topic: Future of TUS  (Read 12389 times)

Offline Hussar

Re: Future of TUS
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 07:07 PM »
we should do something to show some people that what we have here.......... the best side of Warms A and a whole TUS idea....

without newcommers TUS will day coz too many players are starting to be inactive and not enaugh is comming.

Without a promo stuff we wont do it ...

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 07:17 PM »
If you think it's crazy, fair enough.

I think it's crazy to allow such bad sportsmanship,it degrades the overall skill level of most players.

People do it, because they can, if they weren't allowed to refuse picks, they would play anyway.

These players were allowed to get used to an easy way of playing TuS, like I said, if it was heavily frowned upon from the start and everything possible done against it from the beginning, there wouldn't be such a problem, this, I know to be a fact, it's just obvious...

Offline avirex

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2013, 10:26 PM »
i forgot what its like to argue with you....

no matter what anyone says, and no matter what the facts truly are, and no matter how many people disagree with you, you still take your opinion and claim its a fact... welcome back komo.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2013, 10:38 PM »
Reputation is worth a lot in worms.

This is almost a merge with the avoiding schemes topic.

Those who avoid schemes will not make a name for themselves and will most likely find it harder to get games and will get found out - either by forums or in playoffs.

Looking at the TUS Classic standings it is easy to see that the top ranked players are open to playing whatever - look at their games played by schemes.

The activity is simply because of the lack of competitive players and timezones dictate who can play who. It is a matter of getting people to return/play worms. No Random00/Mablak/Ramb0/Dark/Zippo/Almog hurt the activity. They moved on - we just need replacements.

Offline Crazy

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2013, 11:09 PM »
I agree with Ryan.. All the people you mentioned had their most active periods of gaming during First Blood, and that's 6-9 years ago. Can't expect them to last forever. We need someone to take their spot as the top competitive players. It was a bit weird how they all turned inactive one afte rone around the same period of time though, that was not such good timing. It almost felt like a dominoeffect, once franz got inactive, almog got tired, the whole @CF clan stopped playing in the league, and so on...

WA has an history of moving forward from league to league. A league starts showing signs of inactivity, it's slowly dying out and people are losing interest; a new league rises out of the death of the previous one, people are becoming interested in the buildup of the league, players are coming back to fresh ranks to show who's still the boss around. TUS doesn't deserve this at all, neither does the community. We have something special here and we can't give it up. GJ opening this thread Statik, it's a start

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2013, 01:59 AM »
avi, so far, in this "arguement" you are the only person who has actually disagreed with me.

D1 didn't say he disagreed, and eitherway, I never suggested less players makes more activity, if you didn't let people away with avoiding they would get used to it and play anyway.

And even if D1 does disagree, that's only 2 people...

Whatever, I really think it would work my way, and it DEFINITELY would be better worth competing my way against everyone, any and all schemes at any moment, much more challenging than this shit that we have right now, that IS a f@#!ing fact.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2013, 03:00 AM »
I personally think things are going really well, this game has already outlived its lifecycle several times over.....to expect it to last forever is ridiculous.  The game is going to die eventually, and I really don't think there is anything anyone can do to prevent that.  TUS is already the single most successful league WA has ever seen, in my opinion.  Let the good times roll until they don't anymore.  The only thing that could lead to a slight uptick in activity would be a patch to 4.0.  I've been around this community for years and years, and have yet to see anyone/group of people raise activity besides starting a league, as crazy said.  And we already have a league.  I firmly believe the future of TUS is what you are looking at right now.

That isn't a bad thing.

Offline avirex

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2013, 06:21 AM »
I think your wrong walrus... I was a bit skeptical myself until komo cap locked words like DEFINITELY, and IS..

this man seems to have the answers to competition, and activity.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2013, 08:16 AM »
Well you are right and you are wrong Walrus, it's the most successful if you only think about it being active and most amount of players participating.

But personally I think you would be wrong if you think about level of skill in competition, level of sportsmanship & players not being scared to play anything at anytime.

Don't get me wrong, i've had a great time playing this league, but it just doesn't cut it anymore imo.

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2013, 10:00 AM »
D1 didn't say he disagreed, and eitherway, I never suggested less players makes more activity, if you didn't let people away with avoiding they would get used to it and play anyway.

And even if D1 does disagree, that's only 2 people...

Whatever, I really think it would work my way, and it DEFINITELY would be better worth competing my way against everyone, any and all schemes at any moment, much more challenging than this shit that we have right now, that IS a f@#!ing fact.

OK then. I think it's a terrible idea to exclude people based on not wanting to play certain schemes.
For one thing, people are here by choice. W:A is competing with every game ever. If you force people to do what they don't want, they would be gone without a second thought. And unlike [insert random new FPS], there's not a fresh can of players we can open to 'replace' them.

Even if it's just avi and I doesn't matter. It's a great or terrible idea based on the facts presented, not because of the people who agree/disagree.

As for skill, I also disagree. I don't follow leagues as much aymore (which I'm sure is a surprise to absolutely no one), but I do know that I see plenty of good replays at the reuploaded TCB challenges. _ssm_ solved Yoshi's Island in one day! Took people months to solve it back in the old days when TCB was new. Go ahead and watch Statik's TTRR runs.

People grow tired of things if they stay the same, that's all. That's why I shift my focus around (went from RR and shopper to bungee and WFW to hysteria to abnormal, cups to challenges and CWT commentating, now movie making). You can see it in TEL too. Activity wanes, MI deactivates it, people complain, MI reactivates, activity goes back up.
CWT activity went down (2008), khamski bans some people for slow/no activity (2009), shit changes and people take their games seriously again. Now it has come so far that games are streamed.

The strength of W:A lies in its versatility, something T17 doesn't seem to understand either. Why not let people discover that at their own pace?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:02 AM by DarkOne »

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2013, 10:22 AM »
I think people don't 100% understand what Komo is saying. He only means the classic league, where people are supposed to play all schemes. I think I can avoid shoppa/t17 for a whole season and get into POs, because I can play as many ropers/rrs as I want during the season, so it's not a problem if I get 5 points for each :D

There should be a freedom, but not too much freedom. And one more time: we are talking about TUS classic now.

Another problem is: many people don't care about other leagues (Free, TRL) and their ranks in those leagues. Maybe if we had 1-2 rank tables and less possibilities to get high positions in tables, Komo would be more happy (and all people would focus on 1 league). That's why I mentioned WO and it's nice point system.

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2013, 11:09 AM »
If he means that, he contradicts the lack of skill part more than is his usual standard ;)
If you can qualify with just 2 schemes, you have to win every game you play. A win gains you only 5 points, so a loss will cost you 40. Any win percentage below 89% would therefore cost you points. The points you lose cause of free win reports will give you a further handicap. All this combined means that if you want to qualify for POs with just 2 schemes, you have to be the best with a big margin.
And even then, 2 schemes is not enough to win the playoffs.

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 12:20 PM »
thats how i see future of tus if you ask me

buuuuut wait! remember the adds idea? once we'll get it realized everything will be active like the other day

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 04:06 PM »
I am talking purely about competitive League games played online.

I don't see how this contradicts anything i've said, for me challenges have nothing to do with League skill, you can practise the same thing for hours and hours on end and get lucky once and win.

While I like the challenges it has nothing to do with what I am saying, I am talking about singles/clanners online.

You think it's a terrible idea, fair enough, I think it's a f@#!ing fantastic idea and you can't take that away from me just because most players are pussies :)

Offline Ryan

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 04:14 PM »
Must players are pussies? :-X