Forums
April 18, 2024, 03:14 PM

Author Topic: Having 2 nicks on TUS/How to ask for nick change  (Read 17267 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Having 2 nicks on TUS/How to ask for nick change
« on: October 16, 2012, 06:46 AM »

Having 2 nicknames on TUS

Several people uses more than one nickname. Sometimes their nick in WN is not the same as their nickname on TUS, this has caused some confusions. In order to reduce this confusions (just for a little bit), it is possible for you to have 2 nicks on TUS:
  • Account name:  This is your account name which you use to sign in on TUS.
  • Display name: This is the name that will be shown to other people, meaning in standings page, forum posts, recent games... everywhere that you appear on a page this name is shown.

If some user's account and display nicks are not the same, system will tell you both of his nick when looking for him. For example I want to send message to ArtiC, but ArtiC has recently changed his name to Lukz. I don't know about his recent nick change, so I would still search for his old nick:

As you can see his account name will appear in parenthesis.
This is a way to:
  • Have 2 nicks on TUS to get recognized with, hopefully less confusions for other players to find you.
  • Trying a new nick which you are not sure you wanna have it permanent.

Your profile address on TUS, will always show your account name. It will work if someone manually type your display name but on the site, wherever there's your profile link, your account name is used in the address.

How to ask for nick change

By changing your account name, system will automatically reset your current password and will send you an email. If you haven't receive the email make sure that you check your spam folder too.

If you want to change your nickname, you must send a pm to me, in the pm content:
  • If you ask for a nick change and don't mention anything else, I will change your display name.
  • If you want an account change, you must mention that you have read this thread and you know that your password will be reset, otherwise I will redirect you back to this thread to make sure you know what you're doing.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Re: Having 2 nicks on TUS/How to ask for nick change
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 08:33 AM »
With multiple names and several leagues you make TUS really confusing, MI :)

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline chakkman

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 06:24 PM »
I agree, people should be animated not to use different nicks, it just complicates things. I don't see any benefit in having 2 nicks either, other than confusing people, and making life difficult for other players and mods.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 06:37 AM »
It won't make confusions. It is the same thing as nick changing. Before people used to ask me for a nick change and by changing player A to B, some people would get lost. Who is player B in the standings? because there were no clue showing what was his previous name. With the current system when someone changes his/her display nick, it is still possible to identify him.

A while back Crazy changed his nick to Catweazle and many were asking "who is Catweazle"? Now if this feature Crazy's display name would change to Catweazle and people would still know that his is the ex-Crazy.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Peja

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 11:33 AM »
i would like to stay Peja but is it possible that "TdC`taner" appears in  brackets like artic in the example? if it is, heres my request  ;D

Offline Breeze

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 11:37 AM »
Top idea MI. 
Will we have the ability to change the display name?

Lots of gaming websites I use give you the option to change it x amount of times a month/year etc. :)

Offline Sir-J

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 11:38 AM »
-
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 04:50 PM by Rudolf289 »

Offline avirex

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 12:59 PM »
i would like to stay avirex but is it possible that "mm`wreckz" appears in  brackets like artic in the example? if it is, heres my request

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2012, 02:40 PM »
Good idea and work MI !

Like this, you won't have to bother changing other people nicks and it's perfect for nickhoppers like me. :]
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline TOMT

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 05:05 AM »
i would like to stay avirex but is it possible that "mm`wreckz" appears in  brackets like artic in the example? if it is, heres my request
best one lol

Offline Kangaroo

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 04:23 AM »
Can I stay pizzasheet and please Have "Piece Of Shit" in brackets?

jpg images

I can play CUP games  07:00-12:00 GMT weeksdays &  00:00-13:00 GMT on weekends...

Offline TOMT

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 10:13 AM »
best one lol
I do not remember writing this

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 10:47 AM »
best one lol
I do not remember writing this
Probably because this thread was 2 years old before pizza bumped it.

Offline No-Life-Sorry

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2015, 05:19 PM »
I request for my account name as "Sorry" with my old nick as display name.

Offline Mega`Adnan

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 08:14 AM »
I wanna change my name to "Faint" as account name as well as display name. And my old nick should be displayed in brackets like "Faint (Mega`Adnan)", please dear bruh? xd
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 08:26 AM by Mega`Adnan »

Adnan, you are Mega, not Micro and not even faint  :D So fight till the end please.