Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:26 PM

Author Topic: Matchmaking  (Read 5827 times)

Offline Peja

Re: Matchmaking
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2013, 03:48 PM »
somehow this way looks     uncomfortable to me. wouldnt be really motivated to visit tus every time before i play a game, then waiting until some shitty stuff is lighting up and beeing paired with some random person. just speaking for myself, i play most games with people i enjoy to play/talk. i guess our main problem is we have  different groups of people playing this league. some take it serious, others play all the time, some just play now and then for the fun of an competetive game. i would rather see a complete new more serious league co existing with the current classic one. there you could add this feature.

Offline DENnis

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2013, 06:10 PM »
I think that may work to solve avoiding issue, but I think it will cause some issues. What if I want to play with my friend?

U can still play with ur friends. It is meant as an alternative besides the normal #AG Spamming which could be frustrating, especially for people like me who love skillgames like BigRR or just fun things from free league where it is rlly hard to find a partner for that :P

The idea is very good.

For some people u could add a button: Noobbashing only. XDDDD  :D :D :D

Or for people like me who try a lot of times the opposite / other things: PRObashing :P  8)

Edit:

• Important is that u can set how long ur announcement (asking for a tusgame / tus league / tusscheme) should be shown.
  • U can click leave if u join a funner or if u gtg b4 the time of ur shown announcement is over.
  • To avoid avoiding it must not be allowed to click quit if u see who will be your opponent.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 06:20 PM by DENnis »

Offline Husk

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 05:07 PM »

("\(*;..;*)/")

Offline Rogi

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 06:38 PM »
This idea looking very nice for me, coz i played Heroes of newerth and i know that it works very nice. But difference between those games is very high, also HoN have general system, there league is included to the game. Here is tus and wa are not intersect.
So it wont work like th genaral mechanism, it would be just helper for searching oponent. :(
Else we will have many troubles.

Also i painted it:

xDDdddd
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 07:27 PM »
Well, I had this idea a while back also. It was a slight alternative idea where you could set your status as looking for a tus single/clanner (with specific needs like only rope/no rope/hysteria only...) and you'd see how many people are looking for tus and you could just do that matchmaking right after.
I liked that idea but then someone said truly that there's already AG for that and I remember it didn't work that well in past..So I dropped my idea :)

Offline Husk

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 09:47 AM »
yeah, it would be as simple and awesome as Rogi's img shows

maybe someone can do such feature and contact MI when it's done?

Offline Hussar

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 11:31 AM »
i cant see those images  :(

Offline Husk

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 11:43 PM »

Offline Husk

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2013, 08:56 AM »
imagine the amount of games people would find with this feature

at the moment people ask 10 mins for tus in ag and quit because no1 answers them (there are many people ready for tus but they r browsing the internet and doesn't get a sound when someone asks tus)

let me rephrase that: there are many players in #ag that want to tus, but they don't see u asking for tus...

also: u ask 10 mins for tus, u get bored and ask less frequently, during those times ppl might wanna tus but u r not asking ):
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:58 AM by Husk »

Offline Ray

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 02:20 PM »
A desktop application would be better, as it would be easier to implement a sound notification feature. I don't think it should be enforced, as it would only increase the activity amongst those, who look for games the way Bonhert described (myself included). So it only adds one more layer of possibility how to find a game.

The big thing in my opinion could be that the system would notify you whenever one of your cup opponents is online on the site and/or #AG. That would be nice, just a modal window on the site saying: "Hey you lazy f*ck! Your opponent you didn't bother to play with is available!" or something similar and less harsh perhaps. :D

But that's getting off the rails a little. About the topic, I was preaching for something like this to implemented years ago, without much success. :(

Offline Bonhert

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2013, 03:10 PM »
That's exactly the case Husk. Recently I've also been too lazy to spam AG to find enough TUS games. Currently quite a lot of dedication is needed to play enough games to qualify into playoffs. I'm sure that with this system more people would play enough games and we would have more competition as it would take less effort to find a match.

Sure we could rope slower but it's not sexy!

Offline Husk

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2013, 11:34 AM »

Offline Husk

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2013, 12:47 PM »
we rly need this: chanserv gave me don't-know-how-long-maybe-few-mins-ban for asking clanner any1 in #ag...

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2013, 01:14 PM »
I'll see what I can do.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2013, 05:02 PM »
Didn't read the whole thread, but I assume that you are talking about "The League Queue", right?, you put yourself on a queue, waiting for a single/clanner match, someone accept and play.