Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:58 AM

Author Topic: @MonkeyIsland - Make a Discord server?  (Read 3608 times)

Offline Kradie

Re: @MonkeyIsland - Make a Discord server?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2021, 05:08 PM »
That looks really good MI :)

Keep up the good work. Thank you!

So I guess SIBASA's TUS Discord, is unofficial and not recognized. I suppose an appropriate action may be required...
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2021, 05:42 AM »
@Kradie, thank you.

@komito, you can post your ideas about the chat here. There's still time.

Are you open to suggestions about how the live messaging will work? Is it possible to have tags like how Discord works? So not only can you notify people by their name, but people who are linked to whatever tag.

For example, everyone who plays singles can have a tag "Singles", and when you look for a match on this app, you type "@Singles" TUS Anyone? Then everyone would get notified who wears that tag.

Yes it is possible. TUS will have a match making system, so no need to do tags like @singles but yes it is possible to do tags.

Also, is it at all possible to have a channel where notifications are shown for streamers? Chicken23 started streaming his TUS matches as well as the stuff i've been doing, and others stream as well.

I haven't looked into Twitch API but it's a common thing, it should be possible.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 05:55 AM by MonkeyIsland »
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2021, 01:51 PM »
The only other thing I was hoping for was a heightened state of notification for those involved in Tournaments, Challenges and Cups.

So where you were saying you can create your own chat groups, if Cups could automatically create groups of chats for players:

16 player Cup, split into 4 groups, TUS app automatically creates 4 groups and assigns each player to their appropriate group as defined by the pairings.

Then when it reaches the knockout stage, a new group is automatically generated, once groups are finished, those groups will automatically be disabled/deleted and the group winners moved into the KO group. Maybe even a "Thank you for participating" message could be left.

Does this seem like something you could do, or even more important, do other people also think this is a good idea or am I alone?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2021, 06:07 AM »
Well what you described is possible to code, but I don't know how effective it could be. Maybe it works. I'll give it a try.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.