Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:24 PM

Author Topic: More map categories  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Kaleu

Re: More map categories
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2022, 01:22 PM »
I think it's a good idea to implement this and give better recognition to some schemes.
Furthermore, I don't think TUS competes with WMDB, it doesn't make sense to be an exact mirror of the categories there. ;D
edit: It's not exact, wmdb has few more (more reasons to add more categories.)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 01:25 PM by Kaleu »
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2022, 05:03 PM »
I'd definitely add more map categories. I don't think the current list reflects the community correctly.

I still don't have a good number to suggest, but if only one more category be added, that would be great already.

Are you saying you need only one more category to be added for now?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline FoxHound

• Scheme maker, map maker and Worms Knowledge Base editor. I also have translation projects.

• Brazil Brazil
  • STF STF clan
  • WoSC WoSC community
  • PoC PoC community

• Founder of WoSC, a community about scheme creation
    • View Profile
    • My Worms Knowledge Base page
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2022, 12:53 AM »
Are you saying you need only one more category to be added for now?

What I meant is that previously I had said that all schemes deserve a new category, but that would be a very big change and also infinite, because every time a new scheme be added, a new category would be needed, making a huge list. That comment might had weakened my suggestion, so I said that at least one more category on TUS maps would be a progress, since they are the same for years. It's better than nothing. However, of course I would prefer more.

But thinking on this hypothesis of one single extra map category to be added on TUS, what I would suggest is to split Miscellaneous one into Creative/Original ideas and Generic maps.

This would be great to make people easily find new schemes/new map designs/new ideas without needing to search in the middle of hundreds of maps designed for any schemes (usually normal gameplay schemes), maps that the player made but not for a specific scheme in mind, maps that are basically one cool image that someone wanted to transform into a map, without thinking on a scheme.

So, basically, I think that in an ideal scenario schemes that already have more than 5 maps made by different players could receive a proper category, specially if the scheme already has competitive events. All those other schemes that have only 1 map or 2 made by 1 guy only should go to the Creative ideas category. Generic/multiple schemes maps category would be the real Miscellaneous one.
I doubt you see this link moving below (you will have to zoom in. If you click at it, you will have maden the impossible):
'

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2022, 12:58 AM »
Maybe just suggest some schemes too?
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓