Forums
March 29, 2024, 05:45 AM

Author Topic: Newbie!  (Read 1724 times)

Offline qkwefx

Newbie!
« on: July 26, 2013, 12:11 AM »
Hey! I'm playing WA for a year, a year and a half online. I've been hosting my games with hosting buddy, and now I'm using WormNAT2 to manually host my games. And I would like to know where do I put maps I downloaded? I downloaded schemes like BnG, Shopper and so... But what with the maps? How does that work? Hostingbuddy did all the work for me before :D and I'm new here so I would like to know how does this site work? I mean, how to arrange a game, upload results, enter the cup and so...? I'm really sorry if there's another topic about this.

And, my suggestion is to make and lock one topic for newbies to explain how does this work! Thanks in advance

Offline Kyho

Re: Newbie!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 12:16 AM »
Worms Armageddon->User->Saved Levels , there u can put ur maps  o:
https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/mappack-120/ <- Big mappack , u should downlaod it.
https://www.tus-wa.com/leagues/basic-info/ <-  basic informations
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:20 AM by Kyho »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline qkwefx

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 12:24 AM »
Thank you, kind sir!

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 12:27 AM »
All of the custom files for W:A should be somewhere in the User subdirectory:
Maps go to Saved Levels
Schemes go to, well, Schemes
Sound banks to Speech
Flags and Graves to Flags and Graves
Victory sounds to Fanfare

W:A will automatically generate replay files of each game you play (including even the training missions) and they will be stored in the Games directory (again in the User subdirectory of W:A). If you're in need of logs, they are also generated for the game lobby.

You can make subdirectories so it's easier to find schemes and maps (considering the large available amount of both of those, it's highly recommended that you do that right from the start to save you the trouble later).

There's an unofficial wiki page on the 2-D worms series online: http://worms2d.info/Main_Page
It has all sorts of information on just about anything you can think of: worms history, scheme information and the like :)

Offline qkwefx

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 12:31 AM »
Thanks again!

That site helped me a lot in the past, hah. How do I find some one to play, let's say, a round of T17 with me? Do I just type "TUS anyone?" in the channel chat, or...?

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 12:32 AM »
Depends: if you want to play for leagues, then yes.

Offline qkwefx

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 12:33 AM »
And if not? Lets say I just want to play a game with random user/player?

Offline Kyho

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 12:37 AM »
you can just create game with name of scheme u want to play.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline qkwefx

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 12:39 AM »
Okay, nevermind, T got it. Thank you guys! Really :D
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 01:06 AM by qkwefx »

Offline SpideR

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 01:15 AM »
It's nice to read such topics :)

Today I played with shenlong and atila, old w2 players, with whom I started playing worms with. They are coming to wa and tus since w2 is now dead. Really great ropers!

* Long live Worms Armageddon, we should make a revolution, a holy grenades war, and make W:A a freeware :D *

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 02:25 AM »
Atila = Legend
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 07:56 AM »
And if not? Lets say I just want to play a game with random user/player?

A TUS league game is consist of 2 matches. If you want to play only Team17 with someone, you have to ask "TUS Team17 anyone?" and make sure you agree before the game that you want to play only one scheme.

After you played your TUS games, you can come to the site and visit leagues report page and report that game. As kyho suggested more info here.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline qkwefx

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 10:54 AM »
Thanks!

It's hard to find someone to play TUS oO

Orrrr I'm doing something wrong, hah

Online MonkeyIsland

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 10:57 AM »
It depends on the time/hour you ask.
I forgot to say before, you only report a game which you have won. If you lose a game, you don't need to do anything.
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline qkwefx

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 01:01 PM »
I think I got the basics. Thank you all!