Forums
April 19, 2024, 08:44 PM

Author Topic: off topic forum  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Kradie

Re: off topic forum
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2021, 10:33 PM »
Freedom of speech is defined at the government level. It simply means you won't get arrested for expressing yourself. This website is personal and pretty much my territory. It's completely free. There's not one single Ad on it either. I don't owe it to anyone. I can run it however I want with any policy that I like. It has nothing to do with free speech. You are invited to my "house" and if I ask you to take your shoes off before entering, you have to get along with that. (if you still want to come in of course)

TUS is an international website with one concern: supporting W:A players.  I don't want off-topic controversial topics to be discussed. In your own country you can't come to a common conclusion with your own nation. Imagine this is an international website. Members come from different countries, cultures, races, ages, genders, languages etc...

Even though we have an off topic forum, but it is still a W:A website and in my opinion it should  be used for harmless (vanilla) subjects. I'm an adult and I can deal with many subjects but would you refer a 13-years-old to TUS as the main W:A community? Can they handle controversial topics? or let's ask a better question: Is it really necessary to come to a Worms website and read unrelated controversial comments? My answer is no and since it is my house, then "no" it is.

If you like to discuss these subjects, I'm pretty sure you can find far more better forums out there than "a 20+ year old game of cartoon worms blowing each other up with ridiculous weapons" forums.

(I have modified your post and cut the second half for obvious reasons. You tend to post the same concept any time you get a chance. I strongly suggest you to find the appropriate site/community for discussing those)
Your analogy that this is your house really struck accord with me. Why? Immigrants that comes to my country must respect our tradition, & obey our rules, just like a man must respect the custom of another man's house rules. Now when I think about it, It feels like I have desiccated & disrespected the values here with politics. Even though I have seen in the past plenty of this here before).
But I will respect the housemaster's wish and not talk about edgy stuff, unless if someone else begins. This is after all a site to talk about cartoony Worms Games. I am just surprised how much you allow here.

Just so you know, I take distance from skunk3. I think your site TUS was a necessary inclusion to sustain the community, a tremendous tool of convenience for old and new players. For that I am grateful.

I don't need a political forum Nino, this isn't the place anyway I just realized this.
There was one on WA discord, it was poorly moderated and people weren't friendly.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2021, 10:33 PM »
That's actually a great post.(@skunk)

Now i'll dive into a subject which I find is extremely fascinating.

I do actually agree, as in it is my belief that choosing to be offended by something impersonal is an act of stupidity, however at the same time, i'm not going to directly make the situation worse for them.

As far as not being born with prejudice, that is absolutely true. However, people aren't just taught prejudice, it is also learned if that makes sense. People can have very different ideals than their parents or primary social group. They can come to their own conclusions based upon their own experiences and studies. In many cases, views that are seen as 'fringe' are typically labeled as such by the masters of the society because they aren't helpful in regards to furthering their social conditioning goals... not because they are objectively wrong or arguably immoral. Do you not see the globalist agenda going on? Do you not see the intentional, methodical destruction of tradition and identity that is happening? Doesn't matter.

It is my personal belief that everything is luck, nobody is fully in control of their life, which is another reason I try my best(and often fail) not to judge people based on their actions.

You, I and most people who can read this are among the luckiest people to have ever existed in human history, simply from the fact you're in a situation that allows you to read this comment. Don't take that for granted.

The type of luck I'm talking about goes a little more deeply than conventional uses — all the way down to your brain chemistry. Go deep enough, and you can eventually root all success and failure down to luck, right the way down to the way atoms are arranged in your brain and how that affects your decisions — decisions that can make or break you. You don't choose how your brain chemistry is constructed, yet your brain chemistry decides every single decision you make, all the way down to what type of cereal you want to eat for breakfast and all the way up to decisions that can make you a millionaire.

The point is this: if you go deep enough into the microscope, you'll find that a lot of the values and concepts we hold as pillars of society completely crumble under scientific scrutiny. If every decision you make is decided by the arrangements of atoms in your brain — are you really responsible for your success, or were you just lucky that your brain acted that way? Is the criminal truly responsible for their murder? If their brain chemistry made them act that way — could they really have done anything different?

Why weren't you that murderer? Why am I not that murderer?

Because you and I were lucky enough not to be born that person, or to be born with the chemistry, the genetics or the environment to make us do that. Under true scientific scrutiny, the concepts of justice, success, failure, free will, "privilege, perseverance and freedom" become baseless ideas with no ground in reality that make absolutely no sense.

What replaces them? Hard, scientific luck. Eventually, every part of existence cancels down to the physics of particle interactions — and, for us, that translates to luck, because physics is something you have no control over. Brains (and, thus our bodies) delude themselves into believing that actions we take are our own decisions because it's beneficial to survival, but in fact they are the result of chemical and physical interactions in your head and everything around you.

Put simply, luck.

What that means is that those who are successful in the context of this topic(developed nations such as the USA, UK) got there, in truth, because of nothing but dumb luck. Luck that comes from genetics, physics, chemistry, biology, psychology, the environment which in turn is fed by the very fabric of the universe itself, everything is a chain reaction — it all combines into one incredible machine that shapes the world into the way it is. Likewise, undeveloped nations struggling to feed themselves are subject to the same rule — they got there because of luck.

This may seem stupid or alien to read.

I'd expect it does, unless you've seen these ideas before and rejected them. This goes against what we're all taught to believe in as we grow. Ultimately, all success and all failure comes down to nothing other than luck — even if you don't know it. That is what I mean I say you are in a developed country because you are lucky.

These things are not taught for a reason. These things can degrade all success and nullify all merit to the effect of luck. They're destructive ideas — but I'd say they're also brutal reality. Humans have known this since the birth of modern science. It's just knowledge that's not commonly shared because of the effect it can have.

The truth is, everything is a reaction, everything is caused because of everything that happened in the order it happened before this moment in the universe, from the moment you are born, where you are born, who your parents are and your family, the law, your entire environment dictates your entire life, and those things are shaped, if you go back far enough, to the creation of the universe.

We make "choices", we are just doing what we are programmed to do, we are reacting based on the information we've received in our life.

You cannot judge anyone, until you have lived and experienced every single moment of their entire existence, anyone who thinks they can is selfish and ignorant.

Edit - I forgot to add the specific quote of what triggered this.

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2021, 01:06 AM »
"Being offended is a choice" is like Internet Edgelord 101.

Skunk, if you are leaving - it sounds like you might be, and I sincerely hope that you are - you will be doing us all a favor.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2021, 02:46 AM »
"Being offended is a choice" is like Internet Edgelord 101.

Skunk, if you are leaving - it sounds like you might be, and I sincerely hope that you are - you will be doing us all a favor.

Who are you, again?

@Komo - I'll respond at some point. I'm about to go to work.

Offline Squirminator2k

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2021, 05:29 PM »
Who are you, again?

Someone who's been part of the community since before there was a community to be part of, and who will be here long after you make good on your implied plans to sod off. :)

Offline Sensei

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2021, 11:17 AM »
Here we go :)

Offline Kradie

« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2021, 01:52 PM »
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB