Forums
April 19, 2024, 03:15 PM

Author Topic: playoff participants  (Read 1981 times)

Offline Free

Re: playoff participants
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 06:09 AM »
Common sense people.

If TUS decides to rule that you can play multiple PO's in same season, think about the consequences that are allowed.

If you lose a PO, your done, always have been, always should be.

An example that might take place if this is allowed: 2 man clan makes it to PO, they lose, then they join another clan that's already in PO and the clan lets them play = now they get to play PO's twice.. I can think of multiple scenarios that are equally ugly if this rule/behaviour is allowed.

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 08:35 AM »
so maybe Mablak + Avi + Statik join ŚkZ for PO with AeF to pwn us in final ? xD

I like this idea, I think we'll use this strategy if daina will play POs xD

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win

Offline HHC

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 09:37 AM »
Sure Statik, the joke would be on you  :D

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 10:24 AM »
I don't think any serious league would allow switching like this to happen, but then again, we're a small community. Theoretically this could be abused, couldn't it? Two clans could cooperate and do this every playoff, agreeing to switch players over to the other clan for each match (unless they play each other), so both clans always end up playing with the best set of players between 'em. Not that I think anyone is going to do this, but it's probably better to have some kind of rule.

Offline avirex

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 02:41 PM »
lolo avi thought we had a private theoretical discussion now you drag my words here xD.

just kinda going by what your member said... but ok....

We were discussing the same thing today avi, I totally agree with you, I personally think it would be lame, and I even said if daina did play in the PO I myself would pull out.

i kinda wanna come to a decision on this....  is there going to be a rule about situations like this?? there certainly needs to be...

and if we do come to a rule regarding this, will this season be overlooked?  "grand fathered" in, to doing whatever the f@#! we want??

i wanna know b4 skz and aef do their playoffs, because seems like chelsea wants a couple extra members for his playoffs, and im willing to help, if there is no rules... seems like statik is on board too lol

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 03:23 PM »
so maybe Mablak + Avi + Statik join ŚkZ for PO with AeF to pwn us in final ? xD

I like this idea, I think we'll use this strategy if daina will play POs xD

where is fp? xD

Offline HHC

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 03:45 PM »
i wanna know b4 skz and aef do their playoffs, because seems like chelsea wants a couple extra members for his playoffs, and im willing to help, if there is no rules... seems like statik is on board too lol

Why the hard feelings?  :-[

You make it seem like daina is just with us to get revenge in the playoffs  :o That's far from the case and you know it. If she were a low profile player nobody would make a big deal out of it.

For me personally what matters more is whether someone who hasn't played during the season for our clan is to be selected for p/o. The majority here seems to approve of that, and so do I to be honest.
That she finished the season for another clan doesn't really matter, that she played p/o for them as well, doesn't really bug me.

I can see how this kind of stuff can be exploited though, but you know just as I do that Daina is a keeper for us and not in any way interested in deceiving the leagues.

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 04:00 PM »
when i was in ckc we had a similar situation, i forget who it was(maybe they r seeing this?) but we didnt let them participate, just my quick input

Offline avirex

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 04:13 PM »
HHC, you have been playing a very long time...

your always the guy who is rational, and everyone usually respects your opinion...

but i guess when it benefits you, you throw all rationality out the window?? do you really believe its ok for dainub to participate in multiple playoffs for multiple clans? 

HHC, if you strongly feel thats ok, i think dainub should play in these playoffs.. i will support whatever you decide, because i too respect your opinion

Offline Free

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 04:24 PM »
Just to clarify this thread was made just incase to avoid unnecessary drama if/when our final games were supposed to start and handle it beforehand.

I hope that staff will come with a ruling to this which also works for future cases.

In my eyes this is not OK in any way, mostly because it enables some ridicilous gameplay IF wanted to (dt could support CAT etc examples)

Offline HHC

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 05:09 PM »
HHC, if you strongly feel thats ok, i think dainub should play in these playoffs.. i will support whatever you decide, because i too respect your opinion

Well.. yes.. I think so.

I wouldnt mind really if daina played a few matches. Not all of them of course, but that's cause she didnt play any games in regular season, not really because she already did a p/o game.

Anyway, it's not really up to me. Still waiting for daina's thoughts and theres a few members in AeF that don't share my view (Komo a.o.). So I dunno, it's not too likely she'll play for us.

Still waiting for daina to say if she's interested, depending on that we can discuss things further in AeF.

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 05:15 PM »
There is a better solution: daina can join dt for a while and we promise to don't let her play POs xD

dt`wreckz: zooks are effected my win