Forums
April 19, 2024, 08:18 PM

Author Topic: Please explain this to me  (Read 9812 times)

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
Re: Please explain this to me
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2016, 11:25 AM »
i am prolly top 5 in league games played in the history of this league, my ceiling is just f@#!ing low  ;D

or maybe you think that's enough to beat players on their 1000th season like komodo, or players that have played more league and clanners than all of the active dt players together like Lalo...

Nope. If you wanna beat them and you don't have the experience you better be ready to put in the time and effort, like Mablak and Random had to put when they decided they were going to win, they beat players that had years on them, how? because they put in more time and effort to catch up and finally surpass. There's really no such a thing as talent in videogames, sure you can be more creative, have better reflexes, but ultimately, it's practice, and the effort you're putting while you're playing.

Some people just don't understand the dedication. It took me a year to rope comfortably. I've witnessed people learn in 3 months. It's a matter of how much you willing to give in. But please, if you're not willing to give in much, don't blame others.

edit:
Maybe the question is not why I suck so much, but why the guys in cfc are so good?

Takes about 2 years of training to reach that level, but also the dedication to keep trying for many years, and the focus to become the very best. It's a quality that not many people possess.

yes
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:29 AM by Aerox »
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Peja

« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2016, 12:01 PM »

edit:
Maybe the question is not why I suck so much, but why the guys in cfc are so good?

Takes about 2 years of training to reach that level, but also the dedication to keep trying for many years, and the focus to become the very best. It's a quality that not many people possess.

yes

which is the simple reason why they are "unbeatable". take a look at the bigger picture. this league cant survive solely based on the try hard league players. newcomers are almost non existent nowdays. thats why MI has to attract the guys playing for fun. you do this by weakening competitive standards.
do you really expect a new player rocking this league within the next years? if its realistic, it would have already happened during the past years of stagnation.
we are mainly a bunch of guys in their mid twenties to thirties without much fresh blood. a nice family of the same old faces knowing each other pretty well. there wont be big changes unless wmd turns out to be the new wa with a brand new base of players and tus community merged into each other. we will keep playing each other till this league slowly dies while some players reached a higher standard than others.

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2016, 12:10 PM »

edit:

yes

which is the simple reason why they are "unbeatable". take a look at the bigger picture. this league cant survive solely based on the try hard league players. newcomers are almost non existent nowdays. thats why MI has to attract the guys playing for fun. you do this by weakening competitive standards.
do you really expect a new player rocking this league within the next years? if its realistic, it would have already happened during the past years of stagnation.
we are mainly a bunch of guys in their mid twenties to thirties without much fresh blood. a nice family of the same old faces knowing each other pretty well. there wont be big changes unless wmd turns out to be the new wa with a brand new base of players and tus community merged into each other. we will keep playing each other till this league slowly dies while some players reached a higher standard than others.

TFL isn't exactly attracting anyone now is it.

Don't see many new users making posts either.

doesn't really apply

in fact, you achieve the opposite; let's see, who are the top3 players spawned during the TUS era?
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2016, 02:24 PM »
I read you non ropers, this ain't about points, this is about enjoyment or lack of thereof. Right?

So if you can't rope and despise doing so, when your opponent picks it, give him a free win and play your pick. End of the story.

We don't adulterate standings so everyone can enjoy the league in their own magical personal way, that's not how you do things. If people need a specific set of personal rules to have fun in an all around league they need to either adapt or find something else but not expect the rules to mold around their ineptitude.

wise words

Offline OrangE

« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2016, 02:27 PM »
A free win gives a message like "don't pick this scheme again". You don't want to report a free win more than once and it makes u pick something else. No good. I admit that VoK and I have just clowned around in RR in some occasions, which is like giving a free win. You should play the pick and try your best even if u hate the scheme. You can always do the same to your opponent and pick the scheme that he hates the most. It's up to players whether they want 2 games where either player has no fun or 2 games where both players have fun.

I don't understand picking the opponent's weakest scheme when that means hardly any points and an unbalanced game, though (when u don't need to improve your winning ratio). People just want a worthless win on their record or what? Now Komo says that he enjoys BnG even if his opponent sucks but at least for me there's no fun if there's no real opponent. I don't usually pick my opponent's weakest scheme but a scheme where I'm a slight favorite. I get an exciting game and good points.

wise words #2

Offline OrangE

« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Ok guys listen let's cut the crap.

There might be a solution for all this. We could do like in all the major tournaments of other games: the ability to ban a scheme.
This means that both teams, before picking their scheme, have the option to ban 1 scheme from the match. This gives interesting strategic options to clans without doing pussy crap and still staying inside strict rules.

I would prefer this instead of arguing and loosing time searching for clanners when people simply won't play certain schemes.
Remember that if you ban the opponent's strongest scheme you won't get a big advantage because of how points work. This could be a valid rule to apply if everybody agrees.

Offline OrangE

« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2016, 09:24 PM »
Since you can't avoid this behaviour completely, why not regulate it.

Any opinions?

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2016, 10:32 PM »
We could do like in all the major tournaments of other games: the ability to ban a scheme.
This means that both teams, before picking their scheme, have the option to ban 1 scheme from the match.

No, that's completely selfish, there must be a clever way of doing it but not allowing people to play what they enjoy is completely ridiculous.

Try again, oh and Orange, there is edit button you don't need to post so many times haha.

Offline Lex

« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2016, 10:38 PM »
It's not ridiculous at all.  It's for competition.  For those who enjoy fair competition, enabling the banning of a scheme may be a better idea than the current alternative, which is being forced to either play a seemingly unwinnable pick or not participate at all.

Offline Husk

« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2016, 10:58 PM »
well there is a topic about banning schemes back from 2013: https://www.tus-wa.com/forums/tus-discussion/banning-schemes-19402/

anyway I think a random scheme picker would be better;

say I wanna play tus with random00, I use a scheme picker where I include random00's name and it'd say "roper got picked for husk and random00" ok then we play roper and if we want to play another game we use the scheme picker again

Offline Zalo

• Poland Poland
  • May the mole be with you (◕◡◕)/
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2016, 11:07 PM »
say I wanna play tus with random00, I use a scheme picker where I include random00's name and it'd say "roper got picked for husk and random00" ok then we play roper and if we want to play another game we use the scheme picker again

*Zalo sitting at lobby with sb*

' mann, lemme do da picker machin, mmkay? '
' oh, mole again, oh well... :S looks like the fate has been decided '

does... this have any credibility that the other person actually used this randomizer...?? :d

Offline Husk

« Reply #71 on: June 08, 2016, 11:11 PM »
yeah, have u ever used ds map picker? it could work the same way, ds map picker saves archive of the picked maps, this however would save archives of the players and picked schemes

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #72 on: June 08, 2016, 11:18 PM »
Lmao at people trying to figure out new ideas suitable for noobs, it's all their fault if they want to play COMPETITIVELY but do not want to master every classic scheme it's absolutely their fault and they should be forced to play or give free wins, actually this is just ridiculous that people are joining forces to make changes to this system, end of story.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline tita

« Reply #73 on: June 08, 2016, 11:38 PM »
nino, vê só, se eu estivesse procurando clanner no AG com Dibz e quisesse forçar eles a não jogarem roper tudo ok, mais eu estava no ag procurando um jogo para entrar e me perguntaram  no privado " quer clanner? "   dai eu respondi perguntando " será roper?"   se eu não to afim de jogar, eu não jogo. tudo depende do meu momento, não ligo para que me chamam de nada, absolutamente, sempre quando jogo é para me diverti , e não vi naquele momento diversão com dois idiotas querendo me força a jogar um jogo que eu não queria no momento.  Já joguei corda clanner duas semanas atrás contra senator e vok vs tita dibz.  Diferente daquele dia, eu não me recusei , apenas perguntei se seria jogo de corda.  Eu já disse, crianças amam drama .  hahahahaha   fodam se.  você não deveria ter pedido desculpas de nada meu amigo, eu não estava a procurar clanner.

-------------------------------

i gonna use google translate.,  tired to translate perfect, and i don't care translate very well for some idiots. that's all   :D

nino, see only if I was looking clanner the AG with Dibz and wanted to force them not to play roper all ok, but I was in ag looking for a game to come in and asked me in private "or clanner?" dai I replied asking " roper will be? " if I not into playing, I do not play. it all depends on my time, I do not care what they call me anything at all, whenever the game is to amuse me, and I saw at that time fun with two idiots wanting to force me to play a game that I did not want at the moment. I've played rope clanner two weeks ago against senator and vok vs tita Dibz. Unlike that day, I did not refuse me, just asked if it would be rope game. I said, children love drama. hahahahaha you should not have apologized anything my friend, I was not looking clanner.

that reply was only for nino, i just translated cuz.... u know.

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #74 on: June 08, 2016, 11:43 PM »
It's not ridiculous at all.  It's for competition.  For those who enjoy fair competition, enabling the banning of a scheme may be a better idea than the current alternative, which is being forced to either play a seemingly unwinnable pick or not participate at all.

Yes, it is ridiculous, it's unfair, it's selfish.

It's fairer competition to wait for someone who will play what you both enjoy rather than forcing someone to do something they don't enjoy.

Also, you have to take into account lifestyle here, Sbaffo spends 4-5 hours a day clanning, some people only enjoy playing for 30-60 minutes, they have work, or girl or job etc.

Sbaffo has more time to play all the schemes, other people don't.

Tbh i'm fed up replying to thoughtless comments, most of you are just being selfish when it comes to this topic.