Forums > TUS Discussion

Pre-made clans

<< < (5/7) > >>

Jengu:
To be fair, TUS is without a doubt one of the most poorly designed sites I have ever seen.

I like the idea of pre-made clans based on the WA team colours.

Kradie:

--- Quote from: j0e on June 17, 2019, 12:25 PM ---This site kicks ass. The deadness of the league is our fault, not MonkeyIsland's.

--- End quote ---
No one ever said it was MonkeyIsland's fault, j0e.

At least someone recognize the aging design of this site.

When I first began to use TuS, it took me a long time to get familiarized with it.

That's why a change is necessary.

Does anyone get this?

j0e:
It's not mobile friendly, but otherwise it's one of the most feature-packed and functional websites I've seen. I just think it's way too much to ask for a redesign when the entire community is managing about 2 league games per month.

Kradie:

--- Quote from: j0e on June 17, 2019, 05:18 PM ---It's not mobile friendly, but otherwise it's one of the most feature-packed and functional websites I've seen. I just think it's way too much to ask for a redesign when the entire community is managing about 2 league games per month.

--- End quote ---

My sweet little j0e. I am not disputing the inevitable fact that THIS site is feature rich, but in a niche fashion that does not necessarily appeal to all. That is why a redesign might be needed to sway the interest of new players. New players = potential increase of activity.

Ytrojan:

--- Quote from: Kradie on June 17, 2019, 06:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: j0e on June 17, 2019, 05:18 PM ---It's not mobile friendly, but otherwise it's one of the most feature-packed and functional websites I've seen. I just think it's way too much to ask for a redesign when the entire community is managing about 2 league games per month.

--- End quote ---

My sweet little j0e. I am not disputing the inevitable fact that THIS site is feature rich, but in a niche fashion that does not necessarily appeal to all. That is why a redesign might be needed to sway the interest of new players. New players = potential increase of activity.

--- End quote ---
Use the WAP to design a version for mobile

After all, nobody uses WAP except for Spiders and Bots. We can make the WAP version into a mobile website, by simply throwing in the other features. WA will soon have a MAGA (Make Armageddon Great Again) moment, with new players looking at the WAP site and liking it. With enough work, Worms Armageddon might be popular again.

However, a true Mobile version of the game might be hard. It's better to port a console version and get the PC Version's code in. Console versions use a controller, which might be easier than porting the keyboard controls to mobile, both in the short term and in the long run. Besides, touch controls suck sweat from a baboon's balls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version