Forums
March 29, 2024, 11:25 AM

Poll

Yes to pre-made clans over existing ones?

Yes
16 (72.7%)
No
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Pre-made clans  (Read 6733 times)

Offline Kradie

Pre-made clans
« on: May 25, 2019, 05:29 PM »
There are too many clans here on Worms Armageddon, there are too many members in them, and many of these members are inactive. As a result, the league remains inactive. So how about; move all current clans, status, and members to a legacy section, and have 4 pre-made clans that will allow max 6 or 10 members People can choose whatever clan they want be in, but can only change a clan once a season. Minimum members for a clan to partake in league, must be 4 members, but if the 4th member wants to change clan, then that person cannot, unless if there are more members that exceeds 4. If a member has been inactive or not have played at all for a season or more, that person gets automatically removed. There will be no leaders for a clan, perhaps only a moderator or one global league moderator. Name of each clan could reflect the team color of WA, Red Assault, Blue Haven, Green Phoenix, & Yellow Stars. Though it is purely figurative, any name could work, and be voted for.

This could make everything more compact and focused, instead of having everything spread across the map. Because as it is now, it is spread, and it is harder to find a game. If everything gets closer, the easier it could be to find games to play.

What do you think? Could this be a good or a bad idea?
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline TheKaren

Re: Pre-made clans
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 07:31 PM »
I like the idea of pre-made clans, or just everybody leaving their clans and starting fresh ones in general.

The names reflective of their colours are rubbish though  :D ;D :D

Thing is though, people join clans either because the clan is very strong/competitive, or because they are friends, so yeah I don't think many people would agree to deserting their friends that they had many great moments with.

I would like a fresh start for clans though.

Offline GreatProfe

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2019, 08:19 PM »
Instinct, Valor and Mystic lets do that xD

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 09:02 PM »
Too bad my nickname wasn't mentioned as we had that great conversation about it yesterday  :D j/k
Idea approved.
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline XanKriegor

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 05:33 AM »
They should not be called clans then, more like teams, and this idea was here before. To take part in teamed league, no need to leave your clan, maybe another parameter can be added to each user profile - a current team.

Offline Saint

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 06:00 AM »
does it make any difference now? I doubt the clan battle will play any further, you ask that why the clan battle, but they are only created for battles or something else,if so,tell me=) :-[

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 01:17 PM »
maybe not make pre-made clans, but yea, moving out/deleting VERY inactive (or dead) clans/communities would be nice

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 02:33 PM »
Peoples inability to leave inactive clans and join fresh ones, or active ones, has also contributed a bit to the death of Competitive WA and overall activity.

I notice people got fed up looking for Clanners and stopped playing.

Offline Kaleu

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 08:09 PM »
I notice people got fed up looking for Clanners and stopped playing.

I'm secure to say it's my and daina's case xd
Experience the best TTRR gameplays with my maps!

→ The best of Kaleu ←

↓ Average anti-modules player ↓

Offline Kradie

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2019, 01:15 AM »
Too bad my nickname wasn't mentioned as we had that great conversation about it yesterday  :D j/k
Idea approved.

Sorry I totally forgot about our conversation, but yeah, it was a good talk.  :)

To help pre-made clans feel more authentic, perhaps each clans could have a representative, and a prioritized drive like land, rope, or anything in between. Also if players have won many battles and seasons, they could be offered to join the Golden Clan, where all with a high ranking have come. Though if such thing where to be implemented, a reset function would be required to avoid total dominance.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2019, 05:38 PM »
There are too many clans here on Worms Armageddon, there are too many members in them, and many of these members are inactive. As a result, the league remains inactive. So how about; move all current clans, status, and members to a legacy section, and have 4 pre-made clans that will allow max 6 or 10 members People can choose whatever clan they want be in, but can only change a clan once a season. Minimum members for a clan to partake in league, must be 4 members, but if the 4th member wants to change clan, then that person cannot, unless if there are more members that exceeds 4. If a member has been inactive or not have played at all for a season or more, that person gets automatically removed. There will be no leaders for a clan, perhaps only a moderator or one global league moderator. Name of each clan could reflect the team color of WA, Red Assault, Blue Haven, Green Phoenix, & Yellow Stars. Though it is purely figurative, any name could work, and be voted for.

This could make everything more compact and focused, instead of having everything spread across the map. Because as it is now, it is spread, and it is harder to find a game. If everything gets closer, the easier it could be to find games to play.

We tried it before, it was called Country Games. Nobody played them, so it died. If this is implemented, TUS will be even deader than it already is. And TUS is a rotting carcus of its former self right now, so nobody will play if this is done.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Rabbzz

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 01:02 PM »

We tried it before, it was called Country Games. Nobody played them, so it died. If this is implemented, TUS will be even deader than it already is. And TUS is a rotting carcus of its former self right now, so nobody will play if this is done.

All I see is negative posts from you. Just take a step back and enjoy the game

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 04:24 AM »

All I see is negative posts from you. Just take a step back and enjoy the game
That's because TUS is going the way of the iDog and Pet Rocks: Basically nobody uses it, and it will only be remembered for its impact on Worms Armageddon culture. ONL is more active, you know.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Korydex

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 07:06 AM »
ONL is more active, you know.
Lies. ONL is totally inactive and TUS is slowly getting close to it

Offline Saint

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 09:55 AM »
I think we need to think about new players, I often meet good players on WN, but they do not know about TUS, and even those players who recently registered here do not know how to play on this site , old players sooner or later still out of the game,and you have to call here beginners,I have long called here kingkong,as you can see he was very strong,and he was ready to play here very much,but he does not often appear on WN,I also tried to call here Tony, he is very strong in hysteria and I think he may have even beat some of you but he said he would be bored here I didn't know, what he meant,but it was just an example.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 09:57 AM by Saint »