Forums
March 29, 2024, 03:47 PM

Poll

Yes to pre-made clans over existing ones?

Yes
16 (72.7%)
No
6 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Pre-made clans  (Read 6735 times)

Offline Y2JID

Re: Pre-made clans
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2019, 08:25 PM »
I said abit ago clans should have a max of 6 members would make the league  much more active
Uh, yo, it just so happen this how Y2JID thing started
Flip two aces and get two face cards
It happens, chip stackin'
I turn around, see a bunch of chicks clappin'
But a girl walked by, caught my eye
So I said, 'What the f@#!, stand here and give me luck'
And she whispered in my ear
A purple one on there and put a pink one on there

Offline Sensei

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 01:10 AM »
Let's say some xy person that's been in tdc for a decade, gets moved to brand new hybrid clan.. You guys really think that xy person will suddenly become active? Lol. Community needs to forget old members and try gathering new kids. There are few of those in wormnet that's been lurking around ag for months.. Upgrading their skills lot quicker than I thought it's possible! But soon they'll get fed up cause noone is around to play with them. Old pros are busy with changing the league system for 86th time in last 2 years.

Offline TheKaren

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 02:37 AM »
I think TUS is overwhelming for newer players... Most popular things these days are very simple.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 07:37 AM »
I think TUS is overwhelming for newer players... Most popular things these days are very simple.

That's what I've been saying these last couple of year, but no one listened.

TuS needs a transformational overhal of its UI & design. It needs to be more inviting for new users.
Global Wormin' - A Friendly Discord Worms Server
https://discord.gg/zvFwZuAKQB

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 12:25 PM »
This site kicks ass. The deadness of the league is our fault, not MonkeyIsland's.

Offline Jengu

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2019, 01:54 PM »
To be fair, TUS is without a doubt one of the most poorly designed sites I have ever seen.

I like the idea of pre-made clans based on the WA team colours.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 03:13 PM »
This site kicks ass. The deadness of the league is our fault, not MonkeyIsland's.
No one ever said it was MonkeyIsland's fault, j0e.

At least someone recognize the aging design of this site.

When I first began to use TuS, it took me a long time to get familiarized with it.

That's why a change is necessary.

Does anyone get this?

Offline j0e

• Canada Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2019, 05:18 PM »
It's not mobile friendly, but otherwise it's one of the most feature-packed and functional websites I've seen. I just think it's way too much to ask for a redesign when the entire community is managing about 2 league games per month.

Offline Kradie

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2019, 06:09 PM »
It's not mobile friendly, but otherwise it's one of the most feature-packed and functional websites I've seen. I just think it's way too much to ask for a redesign when the entire community is managing about 2 league games per month.

My sweet little j0e. I am not disputing the inevitable fact that THIS site is feature rich, but in a niche fashion that does not necessarily appeal to all. That is why a redesign might be needed to sway the interest of new players. New players = potential increase of activity.

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2019, 08:06 PM »

My sweet little j0e. I am not disputing the inevitable fact that THIS site is feature rich, but in a niche fashion that does not necessarily appeal to all. That is why a redesign might be needed to sway the interest of new players. New players = potential increase of activity.
Use the WAP to design a version for mobile

After all, nobody uses WAP except for Spiders and Bots. We can make the WAP version into a mobile website, by simply throwing in the other features. WA will soon have a MAGA (Make Armageddon Great Again) moment, with new players looking at the WAP site and liking it. With enough work, Worms Armageddon might be popular again.

However, a true Mobile version of the game might be hard. It's better to port a console version and get the PC Version's code in. Console versions use a controller, which might be easier than porting the keyboard controls to mobile, both in the short term and in the long run. Besides, touch controls suck sweat from a baboon's balls.
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2019, 11:04 AM »
So let me get this straight..

>tus had classic league, people weren't happy with being forced to play a scheme they didn't like so tus rules were abused by any means. At this point playing was frustrating but there were a lot of players around, so who cared.
>in order to solve this problem, tus league was first resetted, then split into two leagues with even more schemes in it.
>since the league had been split, you could say that you had more chances to find a game right? However, not only it didn't work, but the inactivity got even worse.

Now ive never seen half of the people posting here playing the league before all the pros had left this game and the league itself completely died. And you guys think you have the solutions to solve all these problems? Listen here, your opinion doesn't matter shit. All the changes i wrote above were made to encourage you newcomers, but the truth is that you're a bunch of spoiled lazy ass. You didn't play this league when it was fairly active or at least, when you did, you took it like a joke. You have no idea what it means to spam for a whole day #ag looking for a league game, you have no idea what it means to see some people playing with each other just because they didn't want to lose points and just because tus rules were too soft to let people like you play this league. Now you want an active league? And you think the problem are the clans that should be changed? ? Or as some of you retards are stating right now it's the site itself? It never came to your minds that the game is 20 years old and it has no innonative stuff like every single game has today such as an implemented league, profiles, buddy list and chat rooms? Aye, the problem is this site (which give you the features i've just mentioned now). Im sure MI won't even listen to you as he's tired of dealing with your bullshits because after all his hard work he didn't get the expected feedback we promised him. This is what you get and what you deserve.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 12:11 PM by Sbaffo »

Offline WTF-8

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2019, 03:16 PM »
Or as some of you retards are stating right now it's the site itself?
apparently inactivity somehow means the site is perfect
The manual in the installation folder is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural

Offline Ytrojan

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2019, 09:48 PM »
So let me get this straight..>tus had classic league, people weren't happy with being forced to play a scheme they didn't like so tus rules were abused by any means. At this point playing was frustrating but there were a lot of players around, so who cared.>in order to solve this problem, tus league was first resetted, then split into two leagues with even more schemes in it.>since the league had been split, you could say that you had more chances to find a game right? However, not only it didn't work, but the inactivity got even worse.Now ive never seen half of the people posting here playing the league before all the pros had left this game and the league itself completely died. And you guys think you have the solutions to solve all these problems? Listen here, your opinion doesn't matter shit. All the changes i wrote above were made to encourage you newcomers, but the truth is that you're a bunch of spoiled lazy ass. You didn't play this league when it was fairly active or at least, when you did, you took it like a joke. You have no idea what it means to spam for a whole day #ag looking for a league game, you have no idea what it means to see some people playing with each other just because they didn't want to lose points and just because tus rules were too soft to let people like you play this league. Now you want an active league? And you think the problem are the clans that should be changed? ? Or as some of you retards are stating right now it's the site itself? It never came to your minds that the game is 20 years old and it has no innonative stuff like every single game has today such as an implemented league, profiles, buddy list and chat rooms? Aye, the problem is this site (which give you the features i've just mentioned now). Im sure MI won't even listen to you as he's tired of dealing with your bullshits because after all his hard work he didn't get the expected feedback we promised him. This is what you get and what you deserve.
Bring back classic and free! As for schemes not in either, put them in Free.

Or as some of you retards are stating right now it's the site itself?apparently inactivity somehow means the site is perfect
Changes for the sake of changes will only make the activity worse
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 06:15 PM by MonkeyIsland »
Imagine What a Buck Could Do!

I now declare a brand new league (and the successor to the failed Ultra League): WormsRF!

Offline Rogi

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2019, 07:15 AM »
So let me get this straight..

>tus had classic league, people weren't happy with being forced to play a scheme they didn't like so tus rules were abused by any means. At this point playing was frustrating but there were a lot of players around, so who cared.
>in order to solve this problem, tus league was first resetted, then split into two leagues with even more schemes in it.
>since the league had been split, you could say that you had more chances to find a game right? However, not only it didn't work, but the inactivity got even worse.

Now ive never seen half of the people posting here playing the league before all the pros had left this game and the league itself completely died. And you guys think you have the solutions to solve all these problems? Listen here, your opinion doesn't matter shit. All the changes i wrote above were made to encourage you newcomers, but the truth is that you're a bunch of spoiled lazy ass. You didn't play this league when it was fairly active or at least, when you did, you took it like a joke. You have no idea what it means to spam for a whole day #ag looking for a league game, you have no idea what it means to see some people playing with each other just because they didn't want to lose points and just because tus rules were too soft to let people like you play this league. Now you want an active league? And you think the problem are the clans that should be changed? ? Or as some of you retards are stating right now it's the site itself? It never came to your minds that the game is 20 years old and it has no innonative stuff like every single game has today such as an implemented league, profiles, buddy list and chat rooms? Aye, the problem is this site (which give you the features i've just mentioned now). Im sure MI won't even listen to you as he's tired of dealing with your bullshits because after all his hard work he didn't get the expected feedback we promised him. This is what you get and what you deserve.
+++++++++++++++++

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Calm the hell down.|

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2019, 04:02 AM »
For me, clan games are the most exciting more than 1v1. I would like someone from RoH to come back but I like the idea of ​​Kradie