Forums
May 18, 2024, 09:51 PM

Author Topic: Reputation  (Read 8979 times)

Offline darKz

Re: Reputation
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2010, 11:27 PM »
Or give every TUS user one single "vote" on someone's reputation. Like, the default value is obviously 0.. You can either give a certain person +1 or -1 then.. And change it as you like, for example I gave crash -1 long time ago but he's become a good boy so I change it to +1? It would still show tendencies but not with values like -400.. Just a random thought. :P
I remember knowing who it was but dont remember exactly what I knew
~ Dubc 2010

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #61 on: May 17, 2010, 11:49 PM »
Very nice idea, let's see what Mods think about it.
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

Offline Spaazi

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2010, 12:00 AM »
I also think it's a very good idea but i'd more like 3 or 5 votes.

Exemple:

Crash says Zippo is cool and piss off people = -1
Crash comes out with a good idea in forums = +1

I don't want it to be 0.. I want it to be -1 +1.

Oh wait, it doesn't work... you'll get to 0 anyway.

Damn.

Offline zoky

« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2010, 08:47 AM »
That's why Mods should look at players who smite everytime a person, and ban them from Karma system (or give them a -100).
It is more work for sure, but it's necessary if you want a real Reputation system.

but look....nice idea,any way if u write any topic guy or girl who dont like U will give u -1,siply he dont like ur post,and every thing in side is wrong for him/her.look topic in complains.every tme when some1 write complain he will get -1 for sure lol.no help with this

Offline zoky

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2010, 08:49 AM »
i saw on some sites,where players can rate his oponent after game,so he was rude,or smth,u siply rate hi bad,and mods can easy chack that,and punish him
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:51 AM by zoky »

Offline Ray

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2010, 09:50 AM »
That was ESL site, zoky.

I am really trying to give you a piece of advice here and not provoking, making fun or whatever.

1. Try to capitalize, meaning you start your sentences with capital letters.
2. Type "you" instead of "u".
3. Don't hit enter after every sentence.
4. If you have something to add afterwards, use the edit button.

You might notice increase in your Reputation that instant. ;)

Lol you think u're so smart dude.
Devilage, why do you f@#! with me? Who crapped in your cornflakes dude, chill, leave me alone. I am trying to give ideas and you just start this shit again. Get off me.
Or give every TUS user one single "vote" on someone's reputation. Like, the default value is obviously 0.. You can either give a certain person +1 or -1 then.. And change it as you like, for example I gave crash -1 long time ago but he's become a good boy so I change it to +1? It would still show tendencies but not with values like -400.. Just a random thought. :P
I like this.

Offline avirex

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2010, 10:25 AM »
well ray, it was kinda  bullshit post... kinda lame of a post... his reputation has nothing to do with his grammar...  that post kinda reminded me of first blood forums, when kiro and some of his little tag alongs like darkone and other lil kiro puppets would put me down cuz my spelling and grammar sux, and they really thought i gave a damn. lol

not everyone wants to type out their thoughts as if it were  af@#!in college essay, just like not eveyone in real life talks as if they are in a job interview... but i guess some people will never understand that :D

Offline Rok

« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2010, 10:35 AM »
That's why Mods should look at players who smite everytime a person, and ban them from Karma system (or give them a -100).
It is more work for sure, but it's necessary if you want a real Reputation system.

Mods can't see who smited/applauded someone. Maybe MonkeyIsland as the site admin can, but I doubt it. I agree that some people abuse karma, though.

Not a bad idea. 1 karma vote only feels a bit little for me, but yeah, smiting someone every 12 hours just for the sake of it is too much. So either limit the number of smites/applauds one can give to a single user, or increase the time limit. MI will say if such things are "implementable".
chakkman> if rok was a girl i d marry the bitch lolz

Offline Ray

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2010, 10:53 AM »
well ray, it was kinda  bullshit post... kinda lame of a post... his reputation has nothing to do with his grammar...  that post kinda reminded me of first blood forums, when kiro and some of his little tag alongs like darkone and other lil kiro puppets would put me down cuz my spelling and grammar sux, and they really thought i gave a damn. lol

not everyone wants to type out their thoughts as if it were  af@#!in college essay, just like not eveyone in real life talks as if they are in a job interview... but i guess some people will never understand that :D
OK, alright, I understand if you or other people disagree. But then post: "I don't think so" or "I disagree". I accept that. :)

I hate this:
Lol you think u're so smart dude.

Offline Abnaxus

« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2010, 11:25 AM »
not everyone wants to type out their thoughts as if it were  af@#!in college essay
Is the same for us. We don't want to use our brain "as if it was a f@#!in' college essay" to understand what you write.
When you speak and stay with people, you have to behave and act a way it won't disturb them.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 11:26 AM by Abnaxus »
Watashi wa, jinmei ni iku sa reru ka o kakunin surunoni nagai jikan o matteita.
Shikashi, tada nariyuki o mimamoru.
Jikan dake to iudarou gen'in to naru.

May the force be with you.

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2010, 11:30 AM »
yeah, word avi
"since most people tend to the order side, its my job to spread chaos" -peja

Offline Ray

« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2010, 12:32 PM »
not everyone wants to type out their thoughts as if it were  af@#!in college essay
Is the same for us. We don't want to use our brain "as if it was a f@#!in' college essay" to understand what you write.
When you speak and stay with people, you have to behave and act a way it won't disturb them.
At least you agree with me. :-*

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2010, 01:02 PM »
Stop caring so much what people think about you, people enjoy teasing other people, if you show it annoys you, it will keep happening, just forget about the whole thing, move on, and in due time, things might change.

It's just a silly number, it's not like you will find the perfect woman, have 3 adoring children, win the lottery and be happy for life if you have a +reputation...

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #73 on: May 18, 2010, 01:28 PM »
It's just a silly number, it's not like you will find the perfect woman, have 3 adoring children, win the lottery and be happy for life if you have a +reputation...

Boy that is so not the way I would be happy ;)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Ramone

« Reply #74 on: May 18, 2010, 01:46 PM »

Boy that is so not the way I would be happy ;)

Ye, cause U have already found a perfect woman and U're still immature to realize that kids are the only true happiness in life..  :P