Forums
April 20, 2024, 11:09 AM

Author Topic: rules change request for Hysteria in clanners  (Read 4094 times)

Offline skunk3

rules change request for Hysteria in clanners
« on: March 11, 2011, 06:56 PM »
I would like to request that the rules for clanning when it comes to Hysteria should be changed. I think that it is stupid that tele/jet cow is allowed in hyst, when in non-clanner games it is not permitted because it's cheap and lame.. so why should it be allowed in clanners? It also rewards sucky players by letting them use turn advantage instead of old-fashioned BNG skills. It's f@#!ing stupid. All other scheme types are played exactly the same whether it's a funner or a clanner, so why should hysteria be any different? I just lost a clanner to dC because they hid on the bottom + side (just like all noobs do, just launching luck zooks) and it really doesn't make any sense. I own those noobs whenever I play funners, so it really doesn't make any sense to lose in a clanner. The rule needs to be changed asap because hyst rewards cowardly play and lack of skills. If you don't agree, you're retarded.

Offline Camper

Re: rules change request for Hysteria in clanners
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 06:57 PM »
 ::)

Offline franz

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 07:16 PM »
turn advantage, tele piling, tele/jet suiciding

all these are part of hysteria strategy... who decided that any of this was cheap/lame?
the scheme was created without any rules.. so leave it that way.

without these things, it's just 1sec bng isn't it? try to create a new 1sec bng scheme if that's what you prefer

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 07:24 PM »
You need to remember that its important to counter turn advantage in hysteria, thats one of the main parts of hyst strategy.
Its not lame to make use of having a turn advantage. Whats lame is not countering the turn order advantage or preventing it from happening in the first place and then calling the player lame for making use of a basic strategy!
BnG skill is half the battle in hyst as franz said. It isnt 1 sec bng, its hysteria!
worm and learn

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 07:39 PM »
skunk, i can play bng, turn advantages dont make all this diference in bng...

^^

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 08:05 PM »
If you make a rule preventing piling in Hysteria, then any player who has 2 or more worms piled or next to water has a ridiculously bad disadvantage, it does happen frequently bad placements, and being able to pile other worms is a great tactics to counter this, and if keep your worms positioned well enough no one would pile you.

Offline Prankster

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 08:23 PM »
Sooooo I'm retarded. ::)

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 08:26 PM »
If you make a rule preventing piling in Hysteria, then any player who has 2 or more worms piled or next to water has a ridiculously bad disadvantage, it does happen frequently bad placements, and being able to pile other worms is a great tactics to counter this, and if keep your worms positioned well enough no one would pile you.

said all...

Offline SPW

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 08:38 PM »
nothing more to add.

Oh, one thing, I'm a retard too. ;d

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2011, 12:12 AM »
First off, no rules means there's no way to cow. Stop calling it telecow! You can't use teleport and cow at the same time unless you're playing kaos hysteria oslt.
Turn order abuse it simply part of the gameplay in WA.

I do think that's it's too easy to make use of it, same as with hiding near the edges. So much that having a worm near water at the start is actually an advantage which doesn't sit right with me. So I proposed a different scheme for  hysteria and I'm going to host a cup with this particular scheme soon ( https://www.tus-wa.com/cups/cup-125/ ). It'll get started once the other hysteria cup is finished.

I'm hoping this scheme will force people to be more creative with their turns; if your position sucks, you need to move around to places where you can easily hit, so your opponent needs to move around. Hiding near edges would result in a quick activation of sd with my scheme for example, so you need to be clever in selecting your teleport positions :)

But again, hysteria should remain without rules.

Offline Maciej

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 08:29 AM »
about "telecows" (:o) care only noobs who can't get good strategy to avoid them.
If we take them off, it changes into boring game, about who gets more luck in shots, let it stay without rules for inteligent ppl.

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 09:58 AM »
nothing more to add.

Oh, one thing, I'm a retard too. ;d

joke?

Offline Husk

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 02:11 PM »
Must retarded be I

Offline Krezo

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2011, 04:30 PM »
I saw many posts about this but this is the funniest.. just accept to lose man :(

if he hide on the edge.. just teleport safety and use 1 sec and wait sd.. :o
No signature.