Forums
April 20, 2024, 02:52 AM

Author Topic: Simple new rule update.  (Read 8120 times)

Offline MonkeyIsland

Re: Simple new rule update.
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2016, 12:17 PM »
Avirex this is your suggested rule:

"light bulb symbolizes acceptance of map and scheme 99% of the time, but in the case of unforeseen circumstances, it is the hosts job to make opponents aware of maps, scheme changes, etc. Failure to do so could result in void games"

Schemes already follow their own rule set. Failing to host with the official scheme can void the match. So we're only talking about the maps. What unforeseen circumstances? How do you distinguish a truly unforeseen circumstance from a fake one?

- I like to start the first turn. But right before we start teleporting I noticed that my opponent is having the first turn. Can I use the map excuse?
- I don't like the worm positions. Can I use the map excuse?
- We teleported, but my opponent took all the good spots. Can I use the map excuse?
- I messed up my first turn. Now I just realized this map is big and I don't like it. Can I use the map excuse?

And what is up with all these sarcasms? Are they supposed to wake me up and realize the depth of your issue? Your whole argument started because you failed to notice a thumbnail. You want to have an update in the rules rather than accepting a simple mistake. We get it dude. You made an HONEST mistake. You didn't know. WE BELIEVE YOU!! But an honest mistake is still a mistake. Accepting it doesn't make you any less of that tough guy you are. Trying to modify the rules so that it becomes the host's duty to inform you, that does.

Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2016, 01:37 PM »
Here.

1. Unforeseen Circmstances

Sometimes, when hosting a map you have downloaded there can occur unforeseen circumstances, this rule is here trying to help clarify the issue.

1a. Unforeseen circumstances are issues, that disturb regular game-play such as pixels on the map that hinder/block movement and actions, falsely set water level or wrong borders in schemes that need/don't need them.

1b. Unforeseen circumstances happen regardless of worm order, placement or outcome of turns. They are easily reproducible by any user by extracting the map via the right-click context menu of the replay and then loading it up in W:A.

Notes: 1a is basically giving examples of what they are disturb regular game-play, while 1b allows future issues that are similar but not mentioned to be applicable with 1b. because map issues are always reproducible by downloading and extracting the replay.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 01:59 PM by Anubis »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2016, 01:54 PM »
OK now that's good, Anubis.

Pixels that hinder/block are not detectable from the lobby, therefore count as an unforeseen circumstance. Please explain why "map sizes that differ from the norm" should count as an unforeseen circumstance? (because it can be seen from the lobby, within 1 second observation)
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Anubis

« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2016, 01:58 PM »
I don't know, I included it because it was branded as an issue you can't tell from the lobby, if it isn't then the point is irrelevant and can be removed. :)

I updated the text accordingly and also added "and actions". Because Pixels also hinder actions with weaponry.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 02:01 PM by Anubis »

Offline avirex

« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2016, 03:59 PM »
MonkeyIsland... not one single person has said how they determine if its a big map. your genius idea was if the map is narrow in the thumb nail, its a big map.

ITS NOT TRUE.

in my experiences small maps in thumb nails, are small maps, and big maps in thumbnails require "click to accept"

it was not until recently that lalo, dainub, aladdin, and myself all realized differently.. how can you even argue that it was not an unforeseen?? Senator even said himself, he does believe i did not know about the big map, but because i followed the rules, and completed the game before i complained, i should not get a void game.

ironic.

but let me just say again, i don't care about that game, i care about clear rules. MI my rule was a quick write up, not a final copy, just a quick idea, but my rule did state that the host should announce any unforeseen things before game starts, so how can you ask questions like...

- I like to start the first turn. But right before we start teleporting I noticed that my opponent is having the first turn. Can I use the map excuse?
- I don't like the worm positions. Can I use the map excuse?
- We teleported, but my opponent took all the good spots. Can I use the map excuse?
- I messed up my first turn. Now I just realized this map is big and I don't like it. Can I use the map excuse?

if the host told everyone its a big map, the answer is an obvious no.

i have said it time, and time again that i don't care about that game, its nothing more than an example to prove a point... which i have proven... you have proved nothing, but continue to fight to be right.

MI, do you know what thread your in anymore?? this is a rule change thread... not a complaint thread.... do you know what your even arguing about anymore??? or are you just trying to attack me with your petty "avirex is a tough guy" comments... where did that shit even come from?

you guys are fighting that the rules do not need to be changed, there is no need to specify what schemes allow big maps, and what schemes do not, there is no need for a host to announce an abnormal map is being hosted, because your theory is... if you have any questions of the rules, just watch some of MI's games, and check quotes from last summer...

is that right? i just want to be clear, because honestly, im sick of arguing, this is obviously a losing battle...

even if you don't think that the host should make people aware when hes hosting a big map (despite majority thinking they should)  at least make it clear what schemes allow big maps, and what schemes do not..... or do you want to argue with me, how thats not needed either?

Please lock the thread. your obviously right, and I'm wrong, there is no need to continue going back and forth i don't think.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 04:01 PM by avirex »

Offline Peja

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2016, 04:20 PM »
just for avirex:
The map is something that has to be agreed on by both players/clans. If you host your pick and your opponent doesn't want to play on the first map you pick, you have to change the map. Try to agree on a map with your opponent if he/she/they disagree with your first pick.
If you (the host) don't change the map when your opponent(s) says he/she/they don't want to play on that map, then your pick will not happen.

If you're not the host, clearly, you don't have to agree with the map. We don't want an unending fight about the map though: suggest your own map to move things along. If you are being unreasonable with your own map request, then the host is entitled to a free win because you'd basically be refusing to play his pick. Make an effort to agree on a map. If you light up, then that means you agree on the settings (scheme and map). If the host refuses to change map after you request another map, remind him of this rule. If he still refuses to change the map, then there's nothing more you can do. You can quit the game. If the host reports a free win, just make a thread on the complaint forum and attach the chatlog from the game lobby (in your User/Logs folder).

this announcement gives you the right to refuse big maps. if someone tries to trick you into playing them, you are free to quit.

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2016, 04:45 PM »
MonkeyIsland... not one single person has said how they determine if its a big map. your genius idea was if the map is narrow in the thumb nail, its a big map.

ITS NOT TRUE.

avirex, I'm really tired of this. I've never said that and I've explained that twice already, yet you talk like you haven't read a word.

If the thumbnail is narrow, it DOESN'T MEAN it is a big map. I've never claimed that. It means that the map is not normal-sized. Can't say its bigger or its smaller, but definitely not normal-sized.

in my experiences small maps in thumb nails, are small maps, and big maps in thumbnails require "click to accept"

it was not until recently that lalo, dainub, aladdin, and myself all realized differently.. how can you even argue that it was not an unforeseen?? Senator even said himself, he does believe i did not know about the big map, but because i followed the rules, and completed the game before i complained, i should not get a void game.

You said "small maps in thumbnails".  Congratulations!! So you CAN detect small map previews after all!! When you see the thumbnail doesn't look right, tell the host:

- Y U NO Normal map?
- Me ONLY normal map
- No normal map, NO TUSY

Somebody show me an abnormal map with a standard thumbnail preview. That will give this discussion a direction.

Offline Triad

« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2016, 05:16 PM »
Somebody show me an abnormal map with a standard thumbnail preview. That will give this discussion a direction.
1920x696 = 80.24 x 29.24

Any map with 80:29 ratio will look like standard thumbnail size?

PS: Just tell WA devs to add map size number preview on upcoming 3.8 update.

Offline Albino

« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2016, 05:47 PM »
https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/map-79/
well, that's x2 1920x696 and looks like a normal sized map on game lobby.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2016, 05:48 PM »
How is this 1920x696?

https://www.tus-wa.com/maps/map-2059/

Am I missing smth?

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2016, 06:23 PM »
@Triad, @Albino,

Same ratio will appear as normal size, but then the game will give the large map alert. I'm talking about an abnormal map disguise as a normal map. (without the game alert)

@Sensei,
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 06:33 PM by MonkeyIsland »

Offline avirex

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2016, 06:57 PM »
Peja what exactly was the reason for that thread?

MI, I have said before that it should be possible to make big map that looks normal in thumbnail.. guess you don't read ether?

I no proof of it, but you have no proof otherwise..   I guess it's too much to assume the host should announce when hosting any map out of the ordinary. My bad.. I'm crazy.. let's just move on..

Anyway, you seen to be stuck on just big map in shoppe, what about other schemes? Do you plan to update those schemes rules with big map/normal map rules? Or should we just wait to see if you ever play a tus elite, roper, or t17 with a big map?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 07:06 PM by avirex »

Offline Senator

« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2016, 07:26 PM »
Sensei that map is 2200x1400, tus sites are lying.

Same ratio will appear as normal size, but then the game will give the large map alert. I'm talking about an abnormal map disguise as a normal map. (without the game alert)

Albino's map doesn't give the large map alert if your "map memory warning" is at default value (22.4 MB).

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2016, 07:39 PM »
I do read avirex. I even quoted you and replied to that statement. Here's my quote, quoting you in the complaint thread:

I feel like if I wanted I can recreate the exact thumb nail. In a legal size map... unless I'm mistaken that's not a valid way to know of is a big map or not... so please tell me how you can be so sure as you say, so I can avoid these troubles in the future...

As far as I know the game generates the thumbnail. I see no reason the game allows you to make your custom thumbnail. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess it's too much to assume the host should announce when hosting any map out of the ordinary. My bad.. I'm crazy.. let's just move on..

Why is it too much for you to look at the thumbnail size?

Anyway, you seen to be stuck on just big map in shoppe, what about other schemes? Do you plan to update those schemes rules with big map/normal map rules? Or should we just wait to see if you ever play a tus elite, roper, or t17 with a big map?

Shoppers (including WxW) are schemes that can be played on big maps. It's not a rule, just something that has happened in years and nobody had a problem with it. If you are interested, I can check league games to see how many of them have played on big maps.

I've never stated that I'm the law or the games I've played must be considered one. Senator pointed to my games as a reference. Sorry if it offended you that much. :(

@Senator,
That's actually a good case. Maps like that can be abused yes. (since most people do not touch their default settings)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 07:41 PM by MonkeyIsland »

Offline RIP

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2016, 08:54 PM »
I do read avirex. I even quoted you and replied to that statement. Here's my quote, quoting you in the complaint thread:

I feel like if I wanted I can recreate the exact thumb nail. In a legal size map... unless I'm mistaken that's not a valid way to know of is a big map or not... so please tell me how you can be so sure as you say, so I can avoid these troubles in the future...

As far as I know the game generates the thumbnail. I see no reason the game allows you to make your custom thumbnail. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I guess it's too much to assume the host should announce when hosting any map out of the ordinary. My bad.. I'm crazy.. let's just move on..

Why is it too much for you to look at the thumbnail size?

Shoppers (including WxW) are schemes that can be played on big maps. It's not a rule, just something that has happened in years and nobody had a problem with it. If you are interested, I can check league games to see how many of them have played on big maps.

I've never stated that I'm the law or the games I've played must be considered one. Senator pointed to my games as a reference. Sorry if it offended you that much. :(

@Senator,
That's actually a good case. Maps like that can be abused yes. (since most people do not touch their default settings)

This guy cannot stop talk a bullsheet :/
COS he from https://www.tus-wa.com/groups/Pro/
Professional Roping Organization
in real
Professional Crying Organization
 :D
Sorry if I did not hold back the truth :/
Враг думал — это пень, а снайпер снес ему мозги набекрень.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I play for fun unlike you и⊥ʎdʞ ин ʞɐʞ…
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
And the pain and the fear passes, unchangeable only death.