Forums
March 28, 2024, 03:53 PM

Author Topic: Suggestion: Discord  (Read 2441 times)

Offline h3oCharles

Suggestion: Discord
« on: June 10, 2018, 08:51 AM »
Hi, more and more users here use Discord. Why won't you (points at MonkeyIsland) replace all of the ancient communicators and replace them with i.e. Discord.

Also, official Discord server would be nice, most of us sit in goom's server

Offline STRGRN

Re: Suggestion: Discord
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 09:33 AM »
I second this

Offline sock

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 05:49 PM »
3rd this

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 02:31 PM »
ok, let me PM MI about this

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 03:02 PM »
We don't have discord here. What's discord ID format?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 04:33 PM »
We got few discords going.

- Goom's "total wormage" have highest number of ppl, but plenty of them never play or communicate.
- "W:Addicts" made by Abegod and Artec, same group name as the one in skype where lot of us played on daily basis, not really populated atm.
- mine that was made for twitch purposes, but mostly wormers habitate around it. We have fair amount of funner games with voice chat going on lately but it's not constant.

Community is probably smallest since 1999, so we could make official W:A discord where everyone should transfer instead of dividing for no reason. MI should put image hyperlink on visible spot in TUS and ppl will join, for sure.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 04:35 PM by Sensei »

Offline h3oCharles

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 05:15 PM »
What's discord ID format?
you mean usernames? For example mine is "h3oCharles#5397", where h3oCharles is username that I can specify myself and 5397 is a discriminator - a number that you can't change unless you get a subscription - Discord Nitro. You can spot the difference between multiple people with same nickname, like there are multiple people with username "ghost" but none of them have the same discriminator. Oh, and we can change our display names per "server" as well, so I could call myself TheMadCharles if I have permission to do so.

You forgot about Proof of Concept's as well xd
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 05:23 PM by TheMadCharles »

Offline STRGRN

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 06:09 PM »
You forgot about Proof of Concept's as well xd

that one barely counts as a discord server

Offline sock

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 12:59 AM »
edit
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 01:41 AM by oldsock »

Offline MonkeyIsland

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 05:04 AM »
you mean usernames?

I meant what is needed for discord here? Just a text field for discord username is enough?
Due to massive misunderstandings: MonkeyIsland refers to an island not a monkey. I would be a monkey, if my name was IslandMonkey meaning a monkey who is or lives on an island. MonkeyIsland is an island which is related to monkeys. Also there's been a legend around saying MonkeyIsland is a game. So please, think of me as an island or a game.

Offline skunk3

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 09:13 PM »
Links for the various W:A Discord groups?

Offline Sensei

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 02:46 AM »

One of them is in my forum signature down below.
We tend to voice chat during EU nights/US afternoons.
Sock and salty are frequent for few rr's and small talk. Join us.

Offline goom

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2018, 12:47 AM »
Community is probably smallest since 1999, so we could make official W:A discord where everyone should transfer instead of dividing for no reason. MI should put image hyperlink on visible spot in TUS and ppl will join, for sure.

agreed, ive seen other (much larger) gaming communities fragment due to this; single would be nice for a change, we're small enough as is!

here's the 'Total Wormage' W:A Discord, just passed 100 members. Sensei is correct that there are some inactive, but the server itself moves along fine. you're welcome to join if you'd like - voice chat while playing is a lot of fun. :)
(if anybody else is into W:A streaming, i can give you 'streamer' role for visibility.)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 01:00 AM by goom »

Offline Sensei

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2018, 02:01 AM »
Haha. You said lot of times you don't want to give out that discord link in public.
But as soon as I shouted out other server, you seem to changed longterm opinion, goom!  ;)

Doesn't matter tho, as long wormers are interested in doing some voice and games.

Offline TheWalrus

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2018, 02:06 AM »
Haha. You said lot of times you don't want to give out that discord link in public.
But as soon as I shouted out other server, you seem to changed longterm opinion, goom!  ;)
Well that was the whole point of the thread, aye sensei?

Support this official discord idea, make it happen active people
« Last Edit: June 15, 2018, 02:08 AM by TheWalrus »