Forums
April 24, 2024, 11:41 AM

Author Topic: Summer time blues???  (Read 7036 times)

Re: Summer time blues???
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2014, 12:10 AM »
tus-bot! pretty cool idea, short messege about league and a bit of explanation may turn quite effective

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2014, 07:39 AM »
I can add a spammer to Great Snooper xd But a bot would be maybe better idea to spam AG about tus :D

how many snooper users you think are unaware of TUS? 5%?

MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Tomi

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2014, 08:03 AM »
I can add a spammer to Great Snooper xd But a bot would be maybe better idea to spam AG about tus :D

how many snooper users you think are unaware of TUS? 5%?
It was just a funny idea, not serious. And my idea is to spam #AG, not only the user.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2014, 09:39 AM »
ive said it before and will again, reduce the number of games to make playoffs....

There is 17 days left and there won't be any clanner playoffs with current requirements and maybe even singles.

The requirements should reflect activity of the league and when TuS first started they were much lower, they only increased because activity did. Nothing wrong with decreasing so less active people are encouraged to play.

Also make more awareness of previous league winners as others have suggested!

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2014, 10:06 AM »
Chicken that is not a good idea, and I don't know how you or anyone else could think it is a good idea.

Haven't we already reduced the qualification requirements several times in the past already? And each time we done it the League gets less and less active...

Am I the only one seeing a pattern here?

It will still be the same players competing for the same positions, as i've already said, the inactive players will indefinitely remain inactive, because the league no longer offers them anything of interest, importance, or anything challenging anymore, lowering the qualification requirements won't solve this problem, duh...

If anything this will lower activity because less games are required, yet again making winning the title less important & respectable.

Personally speaking, and I know a few people who feel the same way, the only thing that would make me ever compete in TuS again would be a total reset of all League & Events:

The race to get ahead in the standings 1st.
The 1st huge winning streak.
The top positions in various schemes.
Getting ahead in Tournament/Challenge/Cup overall points.
Building up Trophies & Awards from scratch.
New & fresh rivalries against newly inspired players !
& many more...

If MonkeyIsland won't do a full rest, surely the next best thing would be to put up a survey on the main page of TuS, or send one to everyones PM box, asking them why they don't play anymore, or what would make them play more, get actual proper feedback from EVERYONE, not a dozen 1-track-minded old farts who've been playing longer than most of the newer generation have been alive...

Offline Senator

« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2014, 11:42 AM »
-
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 11:51 AM by Senator »

« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2014, 12:37 PM »
If MonkeyIsland won't do a full rest, surely the next best thing would be to put up a survey on the main page of TuS, or send one to everyones PM box, asking them why they don't play anymore, or what would make them play more, get actual proper feedback from EVERYONE, not a dozen 1-track-minded old farts who've been playing longer than most of the newer generation have been alive...

Make this happen!

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2014, 12:46 PM »
I don't know how you or anyone else could think it is a good idea
well, if this season had playoffs sX would still keep playing

Offline Aerox

• ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

• Spain Spain
  • KH KH clan

• :::::::::::::::::::::
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 07:04 AM »
the idea behind the poll assumes people can read themselves and come with realistic reasons to their behaviour.

too bad they can't
MonkeyIsland, my friend, I know your english is terrible and your understanding of society limited. However, in real life, people attack and humiliate others without the use of a single bad word. They even go to war with lengthy politeness. You can't base the whole moderation philosophy of a community based on the use of bad words and your struggle with sarcasm and irony. My attack to Jonno was fully justified and of proper good taste.
Eat a bag full of dicks.

Offline Sbaffo

« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 10:16 AM »

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2014, 08:37 PM »

if it took 40 games to reach clanner playoffs i'd be looking to clan with CKC.

« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2014, 09:44 PM »

if it took 40 games to reach clanner playoffs i'd be looking to clan with CKC.
and i'd be looking to clan with TaG if more than 4 clans are looking to clan too

Offline TheKomodo

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2014, 08:37 AM »
Instead of saying "I would if" why don't you actually just do it?

And to be quite honest, even if it was lowered I wouldn't really believe you, perhaps you would play for 1 season, possibly 2, then just get bored again and f**k off again...

Offline rU`

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2014, 09:40 AM »
Bah
LaW`T0WER , LoR`T0WER at wwp 2004-2007

TdC`Leroy , cFc`Leroy at w:a 2005-2008

Played leagues: CBC/CBS, FB, XTC, LW, TUS.

Offline Chicken23

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2014, 12:23 PM »
Instead of saying "I would if" why don't you actually just do it?

And to be quite honest, even if it was lowered I wouldn't really believe you, perhaps you would play for 1 season, possibly 2, then just get bored again and f**k off again...

Because like Anubis, why after over 15 years of playing 1 pc should i feel like I have to carry on playing to keep the game alive? I'll play based on the level of competition and the award of winning, but also what free time i have and as others have stated alot of us are now late 20s-30s with responsibilities in life.. If i can find good close games against sporting players in my limited free time i'd have interest in playing. But the other main problem is the development of younger players. At some point us older players need to pass over the torch and let the younger wormers in the community carry it on.

Look at the way new players come into the game and how their skills are developed and they learn schemes and want to win leagues...